Do you want to win?! Then come on in! - ENDED!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Do you want to win?! Then come on in!

My favourite is C-3PO running to the millennium falcon with snowtroopers and darth vader right behing him just because it makes me laugh everytime the way he runs with han shouting at him to hurry up :rotfl

I know a lot of people mentioned it, but my favorite scene is when Yoda is explaining the force to Luke. He is so calm and peaceful in his explanation which is a good counterpoint to the aggressive dark side (Vader).

It would definitely have to be the entire sequence where Han is frozen into carbonite, specially the climatic moment where the steam clears and reveals Vader's gaze.

I know it is a movie but at 9 yrs of age I was very impressionable. I can name plenty of parts however, the two lines have stuck with me my entire life actually being a motto of sorts. Who says you cannot learn life lessons from a movie puppet :lol

Yoda - "Do or Do Not.....there is no try"
Luke - "I don't believe it" Yoda - "That is why you fail"

Lessons from the master that has stuck even today thus ( for me), ESB is the greatest movie ever!!!!!!

Such a generous offer just can't be declined :clap

Empire is so full of awesome that's tough to pick just one moment. Yet, i fearing disqualification by breaking that rule, i'll go for Admiral Ozzel's death.

Admiral Ozzel: "Lord Vader, the fleet has moved out of lightspeed and we're preparing..."

Lord Vader: "You have failed me for the last time Admiral! Captain Piett... (Admiral Ozzel chocking)

Captain Piett: "Yes my Lord!"

Lord Vader: " Make way to land our troops...(Admiral Ozzel choking to death)...You are in command now Admiral Piett!"

If we needed proof Vader's personality was as cinical and somber as his dark outfit, that's the first moment in the saga we got it.

The whole movie is one big favorite scene after another, but the most enjoyment for me when I watch it for the umpteenth time is always the moody angry badassery of Vader and especially in Cloud City, with James Earl Jones balancing his voice work on the thin line between totally awesome and too much just perfectly. He lands on the awesome side.
"-Calrissiuhnnnn take the princess and the wookie to my ship" and then "-I am altering the deal, pray I don't alter it any furher". How can you not love that? I almost can't write the words without grinning, just perfect.

This is also why I sorely miss the "bring my shuttle" line, Vader could actually be even more grumpy.:lol

I remember seeing this when I was 13 and seeing the Imperial Walkers for the first time. Loved the entire Hoth scenes and seeing the Walkers advancing toward the rebels. Loved the snow speeders as well. Back then, I was awed by the technology.

One moment I always like is when Lando opens the door and we see Vader just sitting there, Even Han shoots, but Vader is just very calmed, I've always loved not only the shock of seeing him there but when he tells them "We would be honored if you would join us"

Awesome contest! You :rock, Chien.

When Yoda talks about the Force but pretty much any scene with Yoda is my favorite

Very awesome!

My favorite scene is when the AT-ATs first appear on Hoth and the subsequent battle!

Thank you for your great offer!
My favorite moment to me is one of the most powerful - when Han was frozen in carbonite. The exchange between him and Leia, chewie roaring, Vader and Fett. Maybe not everybody's first choice but it set up the Luke/Vader confrontation so well'

Mine is when Luke enters the carbon-freeze chamber and he hears Vader breathing and looks to his blaster knowing that his weapon is now useless... followed by Vader's voice booming out, "The Force is with you young Skywalker... But you are not a Jedi yet."
Awesome!

Awesome contest my favorite moment has got to be the (I am your father) reveal

My favorite scene of The Empire Strikes Back is probably the duel on Cloud City, specifically when Vader uses the Force to hit Luke with objects before he's sucked out of the window. The score during that scene is phenomenal, too!

Thanks, UT! This is awesome!

When princess Leia tells Han she loves him as his about to be frozen in carbonite and he says I know.....Han is the man:lol

Wow that is very generous of you, thanks man!

My favorite scene has got to be the whole fight between Vader and Luke from start to finish, it is just such an amazing scene, Vader and Luke meeting for the first time, classic lines, amazing sets, badass lightsaber dueling, and of course the climatic end with no only the Father shocker but that he cuts Luke's hand off!!!!

Thanks again man!

Man.. there's so many great moments in Empire, it's almost impossible for me to pick.

I'm gonna go with the Bespin Vader/Luke duel though. Everything about that whole exchange was incredible, from the freezing chamber until Luke's escape at the end of it. such a great memory seeing that on the silver screen. Hoth battle gets a close second for me, but #1 will be Bespin duel!

The film is filled with so many moments - I would have to say the asteroid chase. Really lets Han's character shine and no one other than Ford could have pulled that off.

Back