Do you want to win?! Then come on in! - ENDED!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Do you want to win?! Then come on in!

Very awesome of you to hold this contest.
ESB is simply the best of the franchise. The one moment that cracks me up every time is when R2-D2 fixes the hyperdrive at the end and Falcon jumps to hyperspace right before Vader's eyes. The double-take he does is priceless. Not to mention the look of fear from the deck staff.
Thanks again.

Mine has to be when Yoda raises Luke's X-Wing from the swamp. I remember being blown away by that when I saw it as a kid.

"The force is with you young Skywalker, but you are not a jedi yet"

-fave

Seeing the Emperor for the first time which was a double bonus because of the original one, voiced by Clive Revill and then again when GL added Ian McDiarmid into the Special Edition DVDs.

Like others have said, great thread, UT. It's a shame that we can only post once, because I'd love to get deeper into everybody's favorite moment from ESB!

So many moments to chose from, so many GREAT moments!

As for me, I've got one that no one has mentioned so far.

I love all the Vader stuff. I love all the Boba Fett stuff. All the Luke stuff. Awesome!

My favorite moment is the escape from Cloud City.
There's a humorous touch to the Falcon's hyperdrive throughout the entire film. It never works! For whatever reason, it's either broken, malfunctioning or deactivated. After going back for Luke, Lando, Chewie and Leia are frantically trying to figure something out when the hyperdrive fails again (even though Lando's crew fixed it), there's a side story going on between R2-D2 and C-3PO, talking about the Falcon. And then Artoo wheels over to the open service panel and activates the hyperdrive. Between the loooong buildup of the music, the dismissal of Artoo by Threepio, the sound of the hyperdrive coming to life and the beep sounds that Artoo makes as he activates it (the only time in the trilogy that he made that sound), I get chills every time. Plus it's the FIRST and ONLY time the hyperdrive works in the entire movie! And even though it really messed things up when it didn't work earlier, if Artoo didn't activate it at that time, there was no more running, no more hiding or outmaneuvering (without Han to pilot the Falcon). The trilogy would've ended then and there. Just a great, great moment, and a great ending!

Bravo, UT! Thank you!

Cool *** contest!
My favorite moment is the whole act where Veers blows the shield generator through Vader and the snow troopers first blasting into the base. Vader is at his most badass moment marching in with his imperial forces!

Thanks UT, very generous of you. :hi5:
There are so many great moments it's hard to pick one. But I really loved the scene when they're looking for Han and Luke in the Snowspeeders. It felt like you were really flying with them and it was like being on a roller coaster ride as they flew just above the terrain of Hoth. Still want to grab my seat when they descend over the mountain tops to get lower. :yess:

Vader: You are beaten. It is useless to resist.... Don't let yourself be destroyed as Obi-Wan did. My favorite part of the ESB :) Awesome comp btw

Favorite part of ESB, when Vader first encounters Luke on Bespin. That scene still gives me shivers. Of course Vader fights with just one hand on his saber for round 1.

My favorite "moment" is probably the fight between Luke and Vader. Vader's just toying with him, kicking his ***, throwing crap at him with the force, cuts his hand off, and you realize that Luke's not ready for what's happening. The dramatic low point for the primary protagonist in the story. And you know that things will turn around, and are compelled to find out how. That's good storytelling. Nothing remotely like it in the prequels.

But my favorite thing about the movie is tone, and the tone at Hoth is probably the most memorable and effective. You just feel like this is a quality story being told by people who know what they are doing.

So many to choose from but I always love the start of the Hoth battle where the Imperial Walkers first appear in the far distance. Such an awesome, menacing holy s*** moment. Thanks got doing this by the way!!

Thanks for this!
My favorite part in ESB is the start of the battle w/ Vader. Breathing... " The force is with you young Skywalker, but you are not a Jedi yet". Sabers light..just pure awesome!

No doubt: when the Executioner appears in all its glory and you hear the Imperial March for the first time. Great Contest!

Very nice of you to do this!

Favorite scene is Vader revealing HE is Luke's father! So epic and culturally famous!

Awesome contest UT!

Sooo many great scenes from ESB, but the scene that just does it for me is when they enter the banquet hall, Han starts blasting and Vader just demonstrates what it is to be Vader. To me, that moment was the ultimate, Vader super badass moment, yeah he had Fett at his side, but he showed it wasn't a neccessity. :rock

When Han and Leia argue in the tunnels on Hoth.

My favorite scene in ESB is when Lando leads Han, Leia, and Chewie to the "dinner" with Vader. I remember being blown away seeing the trailer for ESB for the first time and seeing Han draw his blaster and fire at Vader...that moment still sticks with me to this day!

Awesome of you to do this Chien! My favorite moment in ESB is when Princess Leia, Lando and Chewie are running after Boba Fett in the hopes to get Han back.

"The princess, you have to take care of her...". Chewbacca's quick adjustment to calm determination as his life debt switches from his friend to the woman his friend loves. The type of dialog, acting and directing that made Empire THE Star Wars movie...

Extremely generous of you. :clap

My favorite scene has to go to those with Yoda and Luke. A lot of memorable quotes there and the part where he tells Luke "Do or do not, there is no try” is my favorite bit. Followed by Yoda putting Luke to shame by showing him his skills with the force.

Back