Do you want Kojima to make more MGS games?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you want Kojima to make more MGS games?

• Total voters
Snake was IMO the only good bout mgs 2 hated vamp just didnt like the story I prefer 4 to 2 mainly cause your solid snake again.

On that aspect I agree. Getting rid of Snake as a main character for 7 years was the most idiotic thing to ever happen to the series aside from making Snake old.

MGS will always be my favorite series and Kojima will always be my favorite video game director. But, being a dedicated fan, I'll always see flaws in storytelling and retcons when they rear their ugly faces. As it stands today, the series is just an incoherent mess. MGS 4 and Peace Walker are in my opinion - without a doubt, the worst entries to have ever graced the storyline. MGS should have been put on the back-burner a long time ago. It needs a rest, and Kojima needs a rest from it. I'm sure that he would thank the Lord if he were given the choice of working on something else :lol.

That's a really easy thing to say and a lot of people say it. But games nowadays need good writing and a strong narrative. Sure it has the best gameplay, but so what?

The only enjoyment I had in MGS4 was revisiting Shadow Moses which was shoehorned in to get old school fans interested.

The old school fans were already interested.

It is an easy thing to say, but it's also a true thing to say, MGS4 does have good writing and strong narrative, just because it's not as good as the previous ones in that matter doesn't mean it's bad.

If you're telling me you didn't enjoy CQCing the **** out of a fool in MGS4 which offers like 20k ways to do it, I won't believe you sir :lol

That's a really easy thing to say and a lot of people say it. But games nowadays need good writing and a strong narrative. Sure it has the best gameplay, but so what?

The only enjoyment I had in MGS4 was revisiting Shadow Moses which was shoehorned in to get old school fans interested.

It is an easy thing to say, but it's also a true thing to say, MGS4 does have good writing and strong narrative, just because it's not as good as the previous ones (by far) in that matter doesn't mean it's bad, I mean, it's still more compelling than most games out there, it's like cold pizza.

If you're telling me you didn't enjoy CQCing the **** out of a fool in MGS4 which offers like 20k ways to do it, I won't believe you sir :lol

MGS 4 had a great storyline, up until the last act. Hooking up Johnny and Meryl was just the worst thing that could have happened to Snake :lol. Not to mention Big Boss's cameo...

MGS will always be my favorite series and Kojima will always be my favorite video game director. But, being a dedicated fan, I'll always see flaws in storytelling and retcons when they rear their ugly faces. As it stands today, the series is just an incoherent mess. MGS 4 and Peace Walker are in my opinion - without a doubt, the worst entries to have ever graced the storyline. MGS should have been put on the back-burner a long time ago. It needs a rest, and Kojima needs a rest from it. I'm sure that he would thank the Lord if he were given the choice of working on something else :lol.

:duff

I despise PW story, gameplay was a blast but I had no attachment to caring for the story or characters.

Pacifica Ocean/Paz? Kaz?

Go **** yourselves.

It is an easy thing to say, but it's also a true thing to say, MGS4 does have good writing and strong narrative, just because it's not as good as the previous ones in that matter doesn't mean it's bad.

Even still, most of your argument seems based on the gameplay :dunno

I hated how Snake was depicted as just a old man who has given up who never had investment into his purpose anymore.

MGS 4 had a great storyline, up until the last act. Hooking up Johnny and Meryl was just the worst thing that could have happened to Snake :lol. Not to mention Big Boss's cameo...

The whole love dynamic between them gave me major ****** chills.

Big Boss's cameo is the most retarded moment in gaming in the last 10 years.

I remember when Hayter addressed that part on the IGN interview I died :lol.

Hayter: I read the script and I thought: "oh ok, I'm old, maybe Meryl will be with me when I die", and then they hook her up with Jonhy and Meryl was all like: "Oh Snake you'll always be my hero", and I'm like: "go **** yourself"...

Haha Snake got friendzoned...

:duff

I despise PW story, gameplay was a blast but I had no attachment to caring for the story or characters.

Pacifica Ocean/Paz? Kaz?

Go **** yourselves.

I hated how Snake was depicted as just a old man who has given up who never had investment into his purpose anymore.

For all intents, Snake should have been a young man trapped in an old man's body. But his personality in MGS 4 even made my grandpa seem young.

My whole argument is backed up on the gameplay, it's the only thing you can 100% defend about MGS4, and it is a game after all, the storyline is at least decent but the gameplay is just immaculate.

The storyline you can argue that it's bad or whatever, but the gameplay is just as big of a part as story is, if not bigger.

My point ultimately was, that: there are multiple reasons why people glorify this game.

I remember when Hayter addressed that part on the IGN interview I died :lol.

Hayter: I read the script and I thought: "oh ok, I'm old, maybe Meryl will be with me when I die", and then they hook her up with Jonhy and Meryl was all like: "Oh Snake you'll always be my hero", and I'm like: "go **** yourself"...

Haha Snake got friendzoned...

Lol, Hayter was right! :rotfl

For all intents, Snake should have been a young man trapped in an old man's body. But his personality in MGS 4 even made my grandpa seem young.

He should of been made to look like he was in his 50's.

In MGS1 he's 33 and looks his age.

MGS2 he's 35/37 and he looks like he's in his mid to late 40's.

In MGS4 he's 42 and looks 142.

My whole argument is backed up on the gameplay, it's the only thing you can 100% defend about MGS4, and it is a game after all, the storyline is at least decent but the gameplay is just immaculate.

The storyline you can argue that it's bad or whatever, but the gameplay is just as big of a part as story is, if not bigger.

My point ultimately was, that: there are multiple reasons why people glorify this game.

Just go with Nanomachines, it worked for Kojima so why not?

About gameplay, and nothing else. What is so strong about the story to you? Please, microscopically break it down for me.

Mate, like I said, my argument was based on gameplay only, I know whatever I say about the story you'll find a reason to hate on it, I get it.

You said "I don't get why people glorify it", I said: "Here, that's why", story is certainly not one of the things people glorify about MGS4, not even I do, when you compare it to previous games at least, I've never stated otherwise.

Mate, like I said, my argument was based on gameplay only, I know whatever I say about the story you'll find a reason to hate on it, I get it.

You said "I don't get why people glorify it", I said: "Here, that's why", story is certainly not one of the things people glorify about MGS4, not even I do, when you compare it to previous games, I've never stated otherwise.

But the story... is so bad. It doesn't deserve the marks it gets. If you're so much about the gameplay over story, I guess you can play GZ/TPP on mute and enjoy it just as much.

But the story... is so bad. It doesn't deserve the marks it gets. If you're so much about the gameplay over story, I guess you can play GZ/TPP on mute and enjoy it just as much.

Now you're putting words in my mouth, why?

I think it's clear that my stand on the MGS4 story is that it's decent and it gets the job done giving you enough motivation to go through the game, yours is that you utterly hate it.

I like the Big Boss story arc, so I wouldn't mute MGSV at all.

You're right, I said that gameplay can be a bigger part over story, it can also be the other way around, the only way your argument works is if you deal in absolutes, I don't deal in absolutes.

Back