Do you think there's any benefit to owning both mark 42 figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, it's not like you get a prize or anything for owning two different toys. Just buy the Diecast and call it a day if you really want one.

2 diecast mark 42 figures? Do you buy exclusive & standard releases or is there a totally different mark 42 diecast figure that I've missed? :) I must admit that having the option for a clean unmarked suit & a battle damaged suit too, to display is actually appealing (as apose to just one or the other) & I hadn't considered that until just now:)

There's no EX for this Diecast release. I want to be able to display one clean and one battle damaged simultaneously, and will be using the Pepper custom head when it releases shortly :)

I usually wouldn't get doubles to do this but I'm making an exception b/c I've been floored by this released since the proto pics hit!

There's no EX for this Diecast release. I want to be able to display one clean and one battle damaged simultaneously, and will be using the Pepper custom head when it releases shortly :)

I usually wouldn't get doubles to do this but I'm making an exception b/c I've been floored by this released since the proto pics hit!

Makes sense..., I think if I were to display 2 versions I'd probably opt for the power pose figure as the clean suit & use the diecast figure as the battle damaged version (as apose to buying 2 diecast figures & mainly to reduce costs).

The Diecast 42 is simply chock full of awesomeness. It looks fantastic displayed both as a 'clean' suit or the incredibly detailed battle damaged swap out parts with the best RDJ BD sculpt released to date.
The diecast figure is awesome but I have to admit I like it better clean than battle damaged. I thought before I got it that I'd prefer to have it displayed battle damaged and while those pieces do look cool I do sort of wish we would have gotten a more fully battle damaged figure, since the Mark XLII had more damage on it and it especially sort of annoys me that the top of the suit is damaged but the bottom is completely clean. I get why Hot Toys made it that way and that it probably would have been hard to make battle damage to the lower body without including interchangeable legs which would have made the figure more costly but still. Overall though still a solid figure and I'm glad to own it.

Yeah, I guess if they'd included extra legs they'd have had to increase the price a fair bit to allow for costs, maybe that could've been an exclusive option though..., I'm not sure how I'll display mine until it turns up. :)

The Power Pose Mark XLII was introduced as the start of a potential line, but it was essentially a stopgap measure for collectors while HT tried to create the most articulated and poseable IM figure ever.

I wouldn't waste my money on the PPS. You're either a figure guy or a statue guy and a figure that's more or less a statue is like trying to split a baby in two. You can take the money you would save and plunge it into real, articulated, HT IM figures.

Not at all. I actually won one, I think, in a contest. Haven't received it yet but I was planning on giving that one to someone and keeping the DC for mainly space reasons.

Since you won it and all... want to sell it for cheap?

The Power Pose Mark XLII was introduced as the start of a potential line, but it was essentially a stopgap measure for collectors while HT tried to create the most articulated and poseable IM figure ever.

I wouldn't waste my money on the PPS. You're either a figure guy or a statue guy and a figure that's more or less a statue is like trying to split a baby in two. You can take the money you would save and plunge it into real, articulated, HT IM figures.

Do you have any of the original mark 1-7 releases? I'm pondering on a mark IV currently still & was wondering, apart from the stand/bases..., do you think the earlier figures are just as good as the ones being made today or do you think the older figures aren't as good as what's to come? :)

The diecast figure is awesome but I have to admit I like it better clean than battle damaged. I thought before I got it that I'd prefer to have it displayed battle damaged and while those pieces do look cool I do sort of wish we would have gotten a more fully battle damaged figure, since the Mark XLII had more damage on it and it especially sort of annoys me that the top of the suit is damaged but the bottom is completely clean. I get why Hot Toys made it that way and that it probably would have been hard to make battle damage to the lower body without including interchangeable legs which would have made the figure more costly but still. Overall though still a solid figure and I'm glad to own it.

Fair enough, that makes sense. Worse case scenario is you do a little customizing to the legs and call it a day. :)

Do you have any of the original mark 1-7 releases? I'm pondering on a mark IV currently still & was wondering, apart from the stand/bases..., do you think the earlier figures are just as good as the ones being made today or do you think the older figures aren't as good as what's to come? :)

Seeing as how Mark III diecast will be my first of the old IM armor figures, I wouldn't be the best person to ask. A lot of guys in this thread have owned several, if not most, of the HT IM figures - they would know best as to the pros/cons of the older figures.

We only have a few of DC IM figures at the moment, so I don't know if there's a general, overall consensus yet. Most like the weight and prefer it to the plastic, others don't like the increased costs associated with the use of DC.

As far as improvements go, the Tony Stark headsculpts will likely get better with the newer releases. Also, while we may still get them, I wouldn't expect accessories like Tony's sunglasses and his donut and box to be part of future releases. They may be part of accessory sets or you may have to go to the aftermarket for them.

Seeing as how Mark III diecast will be my first of the old IM armor figures, I wouldn't be the best person to ask. A lot of guys in this thread have owned several, if not most, of the HT IM figures - they would know best.

Thanks, the mark III diecast will be my second of the earlier suits BUT the one I've got is the unleashed version of the mark II & that comes with lots of cool stuff & was made after the other earlier suits (as far as I'm aware) SO it's not a good reference really..., great figure though. :)

Thanks, the mark III diecast will be my second of the earlier suits BUT the one I've got is the unleashed version of the mark II & that comes with lots of cool stuff & was made after the other earlier suits (as far as I'm aware) SO it's not a good reference really..., great figure though. :)

Yeah, it was a good opportunity for HT to revisit Mark II and throw in a bunch of parts and pieces, as well as a Rhodey headsculpt, for various play...ahem, excuse me...display options.

Yeah, it was a good opportunity for HT to revisit Mark II and throw in a bunch of parts and pieces, as well as a Rhodey headsculpt, for various play...ahem, excuse me...display options.

Because I collect Star Wars & Doctor Who I decided long ago that I'd not get side tracked into collecting anything else BUT every time I saw a new Hot Toys Iron Man figure I couldn't shift the feeling of 'I want that!' I resisted well though for quite a while (missing both mark I's & the first mark II plus III-VII & the War Machines)..., then I decided as I had the odd statue/collectible from other areas (like Batman & Star Trek) that it wouldn't hurt to just have ONE Iron Man figure, was it a mistake?!? Well one has turned into six & I've got 7 on preorder plus I bought Gentle Giant's 5 mini-busts & 3 of Kotobukiya's figures too..., I didn't have any intentions of buying any of that lot, just the mark II, I was clearly impressed & I'm now addicted it would seem (although I'll not be buying anymore Kotobukiya Iron Man figures as only 1 of the 3 figures I bought from them was any good). :)

Because I collect Star Wars & Doctor Who I decided long ago that I'd not get side tracked into collecting anything else BUT every time I saw a new Hot Toys Iron Man figure I couldn't shift the feeling of 'I want that!' I resisted well though for quite a while (missing both mark I's & the first mark II plus III-VII & the War Machines)..., then I decided as I had the odd statue/collectible from other areas (like Batman & Star Trek) that it wouldn't hurt to just have ONE Iron Man figure, was it a mistake?!? Well one has turned into six & I've got 7 on preorder plus I bought Gentle Giant's 5 mini-busts & 3 of Kotobukiya's figures too..., I didn't have any intentions of buying any of that lot, just the mark II, I was clearly impressed & I'm now addicted it would seem (although I'll not be buying anymore Kotobukiya Iron Man figures as only 1 of the 3 figures I bought from them was any good). :)

Everybody needs a hobby! :wink1:

Back