Do you collect BOXES?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep all my boxes. You never know when you might need them plus they look awsome and are a part of the figure, in a way:D

I also keep my boxes. I was glad I did a few years back when I moved. I'm just running out of room to put all these boxes. I may consider tossing some but I'll wait 'til I can no longer store more before I make that decision.

I will never ever toss a figure's box. These toys are collectibles and it's better to have them. Sure they take up space but that's what you get when you collect. If you are running out of space you either need to sell some stuff or slow down. :monkey1

I agree. When I was collecting smaller figures, I opened EVERYTHING. Now that I've moved more into the 1/6 stuff, they are more collector friendly, so I tend to keep most of the boxes for them. Some though don't warrant keeping the box--Jason 4 for example. I just moved my entire collection (pics coming soon of the NEW Love Palace!) and that box went into the trash. But Jason 3's box I kept, b/c he's more valuable with it--even though it's just in a dark closet.

I definitely keep the boxes. From time to time, I'll rotate what figure are up in the movie room, so I don't get bored with them. The ones that aren't in use go back in the box.

With my smaller figures (Doctor Who mostly) I use a padded box when not displaying them.

I keep my boxes incase I decide to resell someonthing later, but I don't display them or care if they have dents or wear on them....I just throw them in storage.

I keep all of the boxes (item and mailers) in the attic. I've got plenty of space up there.

I do remove all of the little "bits" for the 12" figures that are not being displayed on the figures themselves (such as extra hands and such) and place them in a one of those transparent sleeves used for reports and then put those in a huge 3 ring binder, for safe keeping. I wouldn't want the South Florida heat to damage them. It can get mighty hot in the attic.

I don't plan on selling anything that I've bought (I'm a picky and choosy buyer to begin with) but it's good to know that if forced to, I can put everything back into place and ship it out safely that way.

Do you think "outside the box"...?

I'm getting an insane amount of space stolen from me trying to hang on to every box that carries my precious figures in. Each box probably takes up twice the space a figure does. And HT boxes, forgetaboutit!

Do you guys KEEP your boxes?

Anyone here dump the plastic trays but fold and keep the outer box?

I'm getting to the point where it's time to rethink 'keeping the box'.

i'm looking for a smart ash box in mint shape. do you have one you'd like to let go of?

To me, the boxes are part of the collectible. I would never consider throwing out the box. That is also one reason why I almost never/would never buy a loose figure; I want the box as well. It all comes down to ones personal preferences; if you can live without the box, and know that if you ever want/need to sell the price, that it will be lower without it, then get rid of them.

I not only keep the boxes, I display many of them. Especially the 1/6 Sideshow boxes. They look great on top of my wardrobe, they look kind of like a toy encyclopedia.

I sometimes keep the box but it depends on the box to be honest some are way to good to throw away.

i use the boxes for furniture. five stacked up and you got a lamp table. two stacks of 3 with a board across them = coffee table. get 4 real strudy ones and you got your very own tv stand with dvd storage inside the box. the possibilities are endless.

Back