Do you care if 1/6th figures have small production runs?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your preference?

• Cost less, higher edition sizes.

Votes: 56 84.8%
  • Cost more, lower edition sizes.

Votes: 10 15.2%

• Total voters
Almost
From sideshows perspective yes
From our perspective no
Whilst certain figures will always sell well - a dx Luke for instance (if well done) - will it deliver the return it would in better times?

Bottom line, SW as a whole is on the decline, older collectors fading out and not many new ones coming in.

A freind of mine, 34 has three boys, 6, 4 and 2, none of them give a ____ about SW.

I like Star Wars and I never heard of Sideshow until the Jedi Luke came along. For the most part happy but there are some things to be desired. Either way I would prefer they were cheaper and compared to the early days and sometimes even now I would appreciate it if the exclusives were easier to get. Some I pass on but some of the ones I have wanted I missed out on as I have to work when they go on sale and I am totally unable to call or even get near a computer. So I still wait for a Lando or even the Yoda Ex. As far as resale goes I am not in it for that as I said I love Star Wars and I want them for myself. It is a bonus if that say anything happened and I needed to sell em that they could retain their intital value.

Bottom line, SW as a whole is on the decline, older collectors fading out and not many new ones coming in.

A freind of mine, 34 has three boys, 6, 4 and 2, none of them give a ____ about SW.

:exactly: I have six children (2 boys | 4 girls) none have an interest in anything i grew up with (SW, Comics etc). Their generation has its own artistic culture (lack of better word). They enjoy watching Marvel and DC movies but pick up a comic, watch a cartoon or buy an action figure not so much.

This is true...just look at the isles this past holiday season. Even though SW has media support, the figures (3 3/4") just sat and sat on the shelf. So if the mass market figs are barely selling, I doubt niche market figs for this license are doing all that much better.

Sure there is a hardcore base of fans but if SSCs could produce AND sell at the same numbers they use to, I'm sure they would. No company is successful by leaving too much money on the table. And the SWs edition sizes have been shrinking for some time now.

I like the Exclusives and I do think it's something to get an exclusive. As it stands, I've never had a problem getting an exclusive converted but there is one I'm sweating on the waitlist and that's Captain Rex...

It hurts me that the edition sizes of the Sideshow Star Wars figures are shrinking and I would like you all to stop discussing it so I can settle back in to ignoring that fact.

Ignorance truly is bliss...sometimes (usually it is just ignorant).

Waitlist seem to be hit or miss. My waitlist for EX Capt. Rex went through awhile ago. I did get on the list with in a few hours of the sell out. Now I did the same for Yoda right away and I am still sweating that one. Also I never did get my wait list converted for Lando. In fact he is still on my active wait list. LOL

Hello

I prefer to have nice figures than rare figures. The size of the edition is not important to me. Such collection is not a financial investment, so rather paying 120 $ a figure, I'd rather get it around 50$-70$.

Back