Do we need a seperate Horror forum?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should we create a seperate Horror forum?

• Yes

Votes: 58 77.3%
  • No

Votes: 17 22.7%

• Total voters
I think we should break everything down into separate sections:

Buffy
Willow
Xander
Faith
Cordelia
Giles
Angel
Spike
Darla

Same for Horror:

Freddy
Jason
Mike Myers
Leatherface
Dracula
Frankenstein
Wolfman
Phantom of the Opera
The Mummy
etc.

Same for every single LOTR character also!

That way you're 100% sure to get the right section for what you want!

It'll be totally foolproof! :monkey5

JS :D :rotfl

very good idea

I mostly just visit the 'SSC Movie/TV Collectibles ' forum and that's just to check the Universal MOnsters news, so a seperate horror forum would be very nice!
maybe even seperate it in New Line and Universal Monsters as those are two totally different genres...

FrankenFan said:
Sure.

As long as those murder-loving, misogynist, "Modern Horror" misanthropes are kept out. :horror

drprtrs.gif

WHAT.... ????

LOLLLLL :lol :lol:confused: :confused: :google :monkey2 :D :D

Hmm, well FF that kind of defeats the purposes, I'm trying to isolate the creaky, old B&W lovers along with the murder loving mysogynists so they can deathmatch it out (maybe take the Kurgan crusade with them).

If we separate it into New Line and Universal then where would someone go to post about, say, a new Hellraiser Pinhead doll? With just a horror section it's obvious - you break it down too much it starts being confusing.

Darklord Dave said:
If we separate it into New Line and Universal then where would someone go to post about, say, a new Hellraiser Pinhead doll? With just a horror section it's obvious - you break it down too much it starts being confusing.

Yeah..perfectly logic Dave,

Darklord Dave said:
Hmm, well FF that kind of defeats the purposes, I'm trying to isolate the creaky, old B&W lovers along with the murder loving mysogynists so they can deathmatch it out (maybe take the Kurgan crusade with them).
You have voiced my innermost fear.

Darklord Dave said:
No, no, no, Dave. You divide it between Golden Age or Classic Horror (that would include films from the 20s through the '40s) for the chronologically challenged, and Modern Horror (whenever that dark period of time began), for the young sociopaths.

Now, that's your perfectly logic, Dave. :)

If you don't like that idea, could Protozaius and I have our own forum?

ygor_bnnr.jpg

NASEDO said:
I voted no. I dont think there's enough Horror stuff released to keep discussions current. And I compare it to the Buffy section, in which I hardly ever go to. I'm a Buffy Fan and only collect certain BUffy items, but since it got it's own section I only been there a few times.

Me as well. Same with SW. I mostly just visit SSC Movie/TV Collectables.

denger4000 said:
Whats the deal with knocking modern horror? The 70's and 80's had such great horror films...

I think its two completely different schools of thought...classic "monster" movies and modern "horror" movies are totally different....Were as the classic often gave the monster a heart and character, modern horror movies have the ultimate villian, no emotion, just a hard core killing machine.

Take Frank & Leatherface.....They couldn't be more different...The "shock" horror that came into its own in the 70's is a much more in your face type of horror...I for one prefer modern to classic, but I think its apples and oranges....Though they both may have "monsters" in them they are worlds apart in thier approach...

I vote for a Horror furom. IMO it's way over do. I also think you should increase the "recent threads" section on the home page, like it was before. I like to keep up with current threads but right now too few appear on the home page.

Yes! I've always thought of "horror" and "sci-fi" in the same context, so why not make it a Horror/Sci-Fi forum, that way, you don't have to worry about where the Predator, X-Files or Twilight Zone goes... :monkey3

Well, if it's Horror/Sci-fi what would be the difference in just renaming this forum to that? Is there ANYTHING we talk about that doesn't fall into that category?

I actually think the MARVEL forum should be renamed SUPER HEROES forum.

OK now back to our topic at hand......Horror/Sci-Fi good idea.

Darklord Dave said:
Well, if it's Horror/Sci-fi what would be the difference in just renaming this forum to that? Is there ANYTHING we talk about that doesn't fall into that category?

Good point Dave. If it were a combined Horror/Sci-fi then pretty much all that is left is Bond. I know there have been Superman threads but if Marvel were changed to a Comic or Super Hero forum that would go there. Of course then you have the occasional HP, POTC, or the like. They're usually few and far between though.

wookilar8 said:
I also think you should increase the "recent threads" section on the home page, like it was before. I like to keep up with current threads but right now too few appear on the home page.

Looks like you got your wish...Thanks Dave I like it better with more threads on the homepage!!!!

kingdarkness03 said:
Looks like you got your wish...Thanks Dave I like it better with more threads on the homepage!!!!
Excellent Dave...you ROCK!:rock

Seeing as your granting wishes. Can I have a million dollars?

Back