Do not try this at home!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that sucks, but it's awesome at the same time.

I only use LED lights. Not a big fan of lights that get THAT hot around my collectibles or anything esle for that matter.

1969652pw2.jpg

Comments???

:lol < LOL!!!

Well . . .the good news is that only the head was affected. It's a good thing nothing else on him (or maybe because I didn't have the lamp on that long) was singed or burned -- whew! And I can personally vouch for Sideshow's materials that the head didn't get that hot to drip on any of his other areas -- that would've doubly suck!

Since this is an exclusive, I sent an email to Sideshow to look for a replacement head. Thankfully they accommodated my one time need.

Anyone here have any tips on head replacement? How hard is it? The only thing I'm hoping for is that the paint apps on the replacement is as good as the one on mine.

As for having a choice on the lamp -- it's the one that the curio cabinet came with. So, them's the breaks.

Hmm . . .I wonder how much I can fetch for a mutated Boromir head. :confused:

Last edited:
Anyone here have any tips on head replacement?

You're not going to like the sound of this, but in order to remove the headsculpt safely and without damaging the neck post, you will have to...

...are you ready for this?...

Apply heat. :lol

But seriously, you can use a hairdryer to soften up the headsculpt in order to make it easier to remove. Do the same to the replacement headsculpt before attaching it to the next post.

God, that's horrific. :( Maybe you can take advantage of the situation by getting a cast done with a resculpted hairpiece. Commission a repaint from one of our resident painters, and you'll have a better Boromir! Oh, and put that head, whats left on it, on ebay!

But seriously, you can use a hairdryer to soften up the headsculpt in order to make it easier to remove. Do the same to the replacement headsculpt before attaching it to the next post.

Erm, you mean this isn't easy like swapping the head on Assaj or Boussh Leia???

Has someone done a tutorial with pics on how to replace something like Mr. Pizza head?

wow, that's way more damage than I was expecting..... I hope you get a replacement head sorted out. Makes me happy I chose to go with LED lights now even more.

You are lucky though... this clearly happened while you were out of the room, or even house.... and it could have caught fire, which could have spread.

I'm very happy the damage stayed with just the head which only melted slowly, and nothing worse. :)

Back