Dmontane's customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2-1b surgical droid

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk
uploadfromtaptalk1397405595291.jpguploadfromtaptalk1397405622578.jpguploadfromtaptalk1397405647169.jpguploadfromtaptalk1397405675447.jpguploadfromtaptalk1397405728745.jpguploadfromtaptalk1397405753461.jpguploadfromtaptalk1397405775245.jpguploadfromtaptalk1397405801260.jpg

Hey guys and gals. Hope I did this right. Here is my custom gentile giant's 1/6 scale custom 2-1b medical droid.

Must say that is one of the most Outside the box ideas I've seen in a while, the implementation of it is most Impressive.
The Medical console is spot on, scale is perfect and the detail is amazing.
Any Plans for a bacta Tank ?

Really like this custom, thanks for sharing

Thanks for the great comments, im very humbled by them. as far as the bacta tank, YES im looking for a clear plexiglass tube but they are very pricey. not to mention the fx-7 droid.......my head is starting to hurt.

Unique idea to take a mini bust as basis for a 1/6 scale figure!!! I really admire this approach. But a technical question (I am a beginner in sculpting): Which tools have you used to create the legs? They look really straight and professional ... Which plastic do you use for sculpting?

thanks

Great job-he looks great. The control pedestal is a very nice touch. I picked up one of those busts a while back with the same intention. Really cool to see one hooked up with legs. I would prefer to have feet myself but your idea of the box does make it more accurate to the actual movie prop.
As for scale, I think GG got it right. It's been a while since I had it out of the box but do recall it being sort of small compared to other 1/6 figures. Wookiepedia says 2-1B is 1.5 meters…which breaks down to 25cm or 9 inches.

Thanks, as far as what i used let me star from the lower torso. I first had to remove him from the base which had a battery pack for the lights. i took a mini saw blade for wood and hacked away at the base where the two meet. then i sealed the bottom, because he is hollow to give me a base with a hole for the wires. then i took millaput white and built up the lower half i took styrene rods that were hollow ran the wire and set them in the putty to dry. When dry i sanded to shape and use sculpey black clay to make the rubber peaces for the leggs and then i had two fuel tanks for an fighter jet lying around i cut them to the right size and angeled them then i used wire and wrapped it around the plastic rods, then made little boxes for the knees with a hole on top and bottom so the leggs would go threw them and added greeblies from legos that i had lying around then made a box for the battery pack. I was going to make him feet but i wanted to keep true to the movie prop. Also i needed a place for the battery pack. hope this helps.

yeah I thought the same thing about the size but when i was done he looks about right next to the rest of them. Hey enaud by the way love your customs.

Cool! If you're going to put Luke in there, a bonus is that you will not have to paint the eyes. If you do make them closed that is.

O Love the base you are using , looks like there might be some up lighting going on there , mmmmmmm ehhhh :pray:

Excellent use of your local builders merchant :lol

Yeah will have lights. These are storm grades that I found at lowes, I looked like a weirdo walking around lowes looking at shapes that can be used. Lol.

Back