District 9

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep. went to the midnight premier last night. it's awesome. i want figures.

This is my most anticipated movie right now (not that enything else is coming out except Inglorious Basterds). How does it rate on this Summer's top five sci-fi action movies?

What kind of figures would you want, ie, robots, exosuits, aliens, etc.?

This is my most anticipated movie right now (not that enything else is coming out except Inglorious Basterds). How does it rate on this Summer's top five sci-fi action movies?

well for one, the aliens look really cool so I'd be down for hot toys making those at least. Those mech/exosuits look really cool but they might be too big to make at an affordable price... Probably see the the same faith as iron monger from iroman :(

has there been 5 scifi movies yet? well, i don't remember most of them. so yeah, D9 wins.
i did like it more than Star Trek.
as much as i like 1:6, i don't see it working for this. but, if HT made an alien, i'd probably buy it.
what i think would be perfect would be like smaller scale figures for battle scenes/dioramas. kinda like the McFarlane 5" Halo figures.

Star Trek, Terminator 4, TransFormers, GI Joe, District 9.

Star Trek was my top for the summer so far, so if you say D9 is better, then I'm cautiously stoked.

it's kinda tough to compare D9 to those movies since they're not exactly the same genre.
the 2 closest would be maybe T4 and Star Trek. but, D9 is on a different level of narrative than those are.
D9 goes much deeper than just a straight summer action flick, and touches on contemporary issues like African apartheid, terrorism/victimization, xenophobia, etc. but in a scifi setting.

it definitely warrants more than 1viewing... and awesome toys.

Saw it today. It was one of the best movies, regardless of genre, I have seen in a while. And to think I went and saw G.I. Joe ealier this week, ugh.

here's the short film Alive in Jo'berg that D9 is based on, if you never saw it.
i remember when it came out i thought this guy would make awesome movies.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/iNReejO7Zu8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/iNReejO7Zu8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

also a fan of the Lovecraft-ian aliens he used in it.

This was absolutely the BEST movie I've seen all year !!!111!! Every other movie is complete rubbish compared to this. D-9 delivered HARD. It starts off as a documentary but then slowly turns into a mystery sci-fi action suspence thriller . The effects were very subtle and life like. Both sides had compeling perspectives. The alien weapons were just sick.

I love the combat it had a very realistic feel, like your right there in the moment. It really had a 'Black Hawk Down' kind of style. Also the Prawn aliens were very well acted with a lot of emotion and personality. You really forget they're a 'special effect' and just see them as a character. Neil Blomkamp is an execellent director .

Basicaly District 9 is like 'The Abyss' of our generation.:cool::cool::cool:

Yea I'm reading all the reviews today in all the papers and D9 is getting very favorable ratings. This is a must see. A totally surprise hit of the summer.

This was absolutely the BEST movie I've seen all year !!!111!! Every other movie is complete rubbish compared to this. D-9 delivered HARD. It starts off as a documentary but then slowly turns into a mystery sci-fi action suspence thriller . The effects were very subtle and life like. Both sides had compeling perspectives. The alien weapons were just sick.

I love the combat it had a very realistic feel, like your right there in the moment. It really had a 'Black Hawk Down' kind of style. Also the Prawn aliens were very well acted with a lot of emotion and personality. You really forget they're a 'special effect' and just see them as a character. Neil Blomkamp is an execellent director .

Basicaly District 9 is like 'The Abyss' of our generation.:cool::cool::cool:

I couldn't agree more. It's not often that I walk out of a theater thinking, "that was a really good fricken' movie." But that's what happened today. Most original movie to come out in a long time. You're right about the prawns, you totally forget they're cg.

Back