Disrespectful friends anyone?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although it was rude of them to do that, I laughed so hard, tears started rolling down my face.

Well, it wasn't that funny.

I'm pretty immature so I've put other people's figures in dirty poses before. Granted they were mostly Kenner Star Wars figures not expensive Hot Toys or Sideshow pieces.

My friends and family know better than to touch my stuff. They all knew me even before I started with these high end figures when I was into comics and records and they all know to handle things like they were from the Vatican Museum. In fact, I inspired them to use the same care with their own stuff. You could say I converted them into being Obsessive-Compulsive!

My wife is the only one that dares touch and repose my figures. Nothing as crude as your friends, but I trust her completely to be careful because a: she herself is an artist and knows how to handle objects carefully; and b: she knows how much they cost (she never lets me live down how much I spend on them!).

my friend came over once and like some idiotic gorrila he picked up my hellboy and bashed it on the ground lol like foreal. I was so mad man, it was the 18inch neca one too.

Collectibles I understand...but what's a good practical joke gonna do every once in a while? Unless it's like Carrie or something....

01.jpg

That scares the hell out of me!

They're gonna break them! THEY'RE GONNA BREAK!!!!

:D

thats nothing you should see my stuff when the little cousins come down, every things out of place the arms of the figures are off and all the accesories are either swallowed or misplaced. uggh.

Display cases are a must!!! Behind closed doors. I tell my friends there is a no touch policy. Do not touch, unless they are touched first. Question is, if they broke something, would you end the party and/or ask them for $$$??

Display cases are a must!!! Behind closed doors. I tell my friends there is a no touch policy. Do not touch, unless they are touched first. Question is, if they broke something, would you end the party and/or ask them for $$$??

Threaten everybody else, pull the culprit out back and ask for payment via cash, check or teeth. :D

That is pretty cool that you share your toys Wook! :cool:

I would rather have one break while being enjoyed than having it broken with someone being an a$$. I wouldn't want a break though at all if I had a choice.:D

It takes time to pose those babies, now I have to do it all over again.
I allready have issued a no touch policy, most of my friends respect that, but some dont as you can see :lol

edit: I asked them if it was any reason why they left the T-600 alone, and the answer was that he lookes like he will rip your finger off if you touch him in the wrong way.. :rotfl

user3464_pic8185_1262409393.gif

If a friend touches one of my figures it's really hard for me to stifle my disquiet. I know they don't realize how much time I spend on making my figures look the way they do.

Just tonight I had a friend over that hadn't seen my Takara Batman yet. The first thing he did was walk up to it and move the cape around to get a better look at the body. I am proud to say that I kept a good poker face, but on the inside I was screaming: 'Hands off jerk! I futzed with that cape for 20 minutes!!!':stake

Oh well, good thing I enjoy posing/futzing my figures.

Only thing is, every pose is unique and you can never get it exactly the way it was. I just try to tell myself that 'this time I'll get it even better'! :)

Last edited:
No offence or anything but this is literally a photo of my biggest fear :lol:lol

No kidding! I saw that photo and let out a scream! Get those away from them, NOW!:google

To be fair they hardly ever get hold of my stuff, and the two figs in that shot are very sturdy, you'd have to really go at it to do them some damage.
That was quite a few years ago as well, my eldest is nearly 9 now and she showed some interest in Sheva the other day so I let her have a look... I was actually sweating on that occasion!

If a friend touches one of my figures it's really hard for me to stifle my disquiet. I know they don't realize how much time I spend on making my figures look the way they do.

Oh well, good thing I enjoy posing/futzing my figures.

Only thing is, every pose is unique and you can never get it exactly the way it was. I just try to tell myself that 'this time I'll get it even better'! :)

That sounds exactly like me :lol

Back