Display options

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonnyc1988

Super Freak
Reaction score
Currently using a detolf shelf and not really happy. Wish I could get a few more figures on each shelf and finding if you cram them in you end up not able to see the ones at the back. What other options are there? What do you use?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I use the Billy bookcases from Ikea. They work well, but the front is uncovered. It is nice to be able to fit bigger figures like Hulk or Superman flying in them.

You could get clear acrylic risers for the figures at the back to raise them up for easier viewing. I got the idea when I was in my local shoe store and saw how they displayed the shoes at the back of the shelf...they wouldn't sell me any of the risers though.

Sent from the Death Star communication division.

ikea has a lot of wall shelving options, why not just dedicate a wall and plan out some cool ideas from that? There's lots of different types and you can plan out how you want your figures displayed that way.

Yeah I find the detolf kind of limiting as well, and still like using just some old fashioned 10" x 36" shelves for mine, so the figures can have more space and I can have more of them in the same eye line.

Anyone ever try modding the detolfs? I was just looking at 2 of mine side by side thinking... maybe you could take out the side panels, "stitch" two detolfs together, and make a 'dübletolf' or something.

Most I've ever done was just raise one of the shelves to make room for my Iron Monger. They are held up with U-bolts.

I use besta with glassvik doors , love how you can make little diorama , put 3 or 5 figure and the finish of the doors look like a negatif from picture.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looking for acrylic risers for boosting some items. I've seen options at hobby stores for years but can't find any now that I need some.

I have several detolfs and they work great for displaying 1/6 figures but no doubt have some limitations. 2 figures per shelf displays best, three still works ok but anything beyond that is too crowded. I have broken that rule on a couple shelves out of necessity. I do like having several in a row to display vehicles and larger pieces on top of the row. The price is also tough beat. I am dreading the day I move and have to disassemble and transport though.

Back