Display cases info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good job looks great! you can get some riser steps for the back side to display the figures on 1 shelf to save real estate for the larger statues since those shelves are very deep and tall. Can probably fit even 2 steps.

Thats definitely the plan^

I'm waiting on 3a Rex, Isaac Clarke, and Ezio's Fury so that will take a lot of space up.

Also hoping to pick up Master Chief, naked snake, and Com. Shepard when I can swing the funds so I'll need to get creative with space allocation.

It has begun!

Finally got around to ordering another ikea pax - 80"x90"x23" about 40% wider than the existing one. With more experience, i decided to use 2 giant acrylic panels this time. Advantage is full height customization, allowing me to have 4 shelves instead of 3. (90"/4 = ~23" height per shelf).

Room looks like a warzone, lots statues homeless... Just waiting for the acrylic panels to arrive next week to finish it up.

paxnew1.jpg

paxnew2.jpg

how much do the ikea pax run for? also are they dust proof or are there little cracks in between where dust is allowed inside?

I don't take the best pictures, but here is my work in progress. I am in the process of buying more Tombo glass doors, and I may switch out statues every once in a while. :lol
But I like everything where it is now.
I may also look into lighting for each section.

IMG_4912.JPG

It has begun!

Finally got around to ordering another ikea pax - 80"x90"x23" about 40% wider than the existing one. With more experience, i decided to use 2 giant acrylic panels this time. Advantage is full height customization, allowing me to have 4 shelves instead of 3. (90"/4 = ~23" height per shelf).

Room looks like a warzone, lots statues homeless... Just waiting for the acrylic panels to arrive next week to finish it up.

paxnew1.jpg

paxnew2.jpg

lol at all the stranded statues... is that second pic the pax? If so, they must be huge. I have that ARH Leonidas and it takes up an entire Besta shelf

It has begun!

What ikea doors are you using? Is the same ones from your previous PAX setup, only you found someway to remove the middle dividers?
I liked the first setup very much, but I have hesitated to do it becasue of the 3 shelf limitation. Im am very interested on how you modified the sliding doors to be Full panel.

When I took a look at the Pax JUST yesterday the centre dividers were what holds the glass in, or at least that is the impression I got. However, I would assume that there would measures that you could use inside the frame, but outside of the view of the panel to keep the glass in.

As for the size these things are MASSIVE. I have actually had to move away from using one simply because it won't fit in the space I am intending on displaying my statues in.

I'll probably be going with the larger Pax that gagaliya is building now. I don't have nearly enough statues to fill it, but no harm in future proofing my display. Only problem is the Black-brown color is grayed-out on Ikea's site. Anyone know if Ikea gets more stock, that option is discontinued, or what?

lol at all the stranded statues... is that second pic the pax? If so, they must be huge. I have that ARH Leonidas and it takes up an entire Besta shelf

yes the completed one is the 60" pax, i am building the 80" pax and taking it 1 step further. There is absolutely no comparison, you can fit at MINIMUM twice as many statues than a besta of the same width. To make it look good, put a riser for the back row (I use a $15 target wooden shoe rack) for a nice museum display look.

For example below pax cube is only 29" wide, about 1.4x a besta cube, but i can fit 4 relatively demanding statue in there with ease. That single leionidas would take up 1x besta cube alone as mentioned. I can probably squeeze 5x statue in there, but it wont look as good.

The pax really is a godsend for us 1/4 collectors, there is nothing else like it on the market except custom carpentry. Another great thing is it's 90" tall not ~70" like the besta, so it gives you max height space as well. You can easily fit 3 rows of LSF statues or 4 rows of 1/4 scale.

I will post specs of my 80" customization once it's complete and confirmed to work, dont want people to copy it if it turns out to be an epic fail :lol For the easier customization you can look at a few pages back for the 60" pax i already did, really no additional work just replace the same size panels only thing is it's hardcoded to 3 static shelves of the same height.

paxtemp.jpg

paxlotr1.jpg

I don't take the best pictures, but here is my work in progress. I am in the process of buying more Tombo glass doors, and I may switch out statues every once in a while. :lol
But I like everything where it is now.
I may also look into lighting for each section.

IMG_4912.JPG

Nice. The fact that you have the Mystique pf ex kills me bro, just kills me. :drool

I love this type of thread more than all of the single show your shelves. I like scrolling through 1 thread and seeing the different displays. Well done and keep them coming. Hopefully soon I can take better photos.

yes the completed one is the 60" pax, i am building the 80" pax and taking it 1 step further. There is absolutely no comparison, you can fit at MINIMUM twice as many statues than a besta of the same width. To make it look good, put a riser for the back row (I use a $15 target wooden shoe rack) for a nice museum display look.

For example below pax cube is only 29" wide, about 1.4x a besta cube, but i can fit 4 relatively demanding statue in there with ease. That single leionidas would take up 1x besta cube alone as mentioned. I can probably squeeze 5x statue in there, but it wont look as good.

The pax really is a godsend for us 1/4 collectors, there is nothing else like it on the market except custom carpentry. Another great thing is it's 90" tall not ~70" like the besta, so it gives you max height space as well. You can easily fit 3 rows of LSF statues or 4 rows of 1/4 scale.

I will post specs of my 80" customization once it's complete and confirmed to work, dont want people to copy it if it turns out to be an epic fail :lol For the easier customization you can look at a few pages back for the 60" pax i already did, really no additional work just replace the same size panels only thing is it's hardcoded to 3 static shelves of the same height.

paxtemp.jpg

paxlotr1.jpg

Haha I have that book :)

Back