Disney to Acquire Lucasfilm Ltd.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just read on fb that ep7 will be a all new story and hammil met with lucas and leia 'FISHER ' couple months ago with to let them know what's up and pretty much just letting them know 1st before other's and end of interview mentioned hammil or Master skywalker wouldnt be in next trilogy until ep9 possibly.......I hope we see him before that....Thats TOO long to wait i'd say i want jedi school to start now.....

tumblr_mcti7jYVXe1rk5dywo1_r1_1280.gif

Seriously though, I am excited about the fact that my infant son will be able to see Star Wars movies on the big screen.

He did look like he just sold his soul for a whole lot of REPUBLIC CREDITS ........WE dont Take Republic credits......Only gold and silver money.........

Here is a glimpse of what we can expect from this little merger....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xUbH1SEsqiE

....this is "official" Disney. Isn't it adorable? Doesn't it just make you feel all warm inside?

Pardon me while I go vomit....

Oh well....there will always be the original six....

So how are you suggesting that will translate to the new films? That we'll see Sith Lords riding on roller coasters and eating cotton candy?

I wonder if Disney has plans for more Indiana flicks also

I mean to be honest the change isnt that big, Lucas himself even said both companies opperate alot alike, and disney has all the cash, big budgets, big effects, and hopefully some big story ideas.

I really enjoyed Tron Legacy and John Carter so i think well see some cool stuff.

Hopefully Disney will take the opportunity to release the complete 9 film collection with all editions of every film in 2020. 1977 SW, 1997 SW, 2004 SW, 1999 TPM with Yoda puppet, 2011 TPM with digital Yoda, the whole nine yards.

:goodpost:

I will admit, my ideal trilogy is the 97 SE ANH followed by the theatrical cuts of ESB and RotJ. I loved the updated Battle of Yavin and the a lot of the Mos Eisley stuff. It seemed to have the least offensive changes overall.

Here is a glimpse of what we can expect from this little merger....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xUbH1SEsqiE

....this is "official" Disney. Isn't it adorable? Doesn't it just make you feel all warm inside?

Pardon me while I go vomit....

Oh well....there will always be the original six....

Really? You're going to get pissed over an advertisement that's mainly shown on the park's closed circuit TV channels?

I guess you were OK with SW characters back when they were on the Muppets, or Donnie and Marie, or the cover of Rolling Stone on a beach. Then there was the highly dignified Holiday Special. It's only just now they've done something goofy.

Anyone who's been to Disneyland or Disneyworld knows what a big deal Star Tours and th Indiana Jones Stunt Show are. I was there for the first Star Wars weekend this year and they had costumed SW characters everywhere, including Vader and the best Chewbacca I've seen outside the films. The effects in the revamped Star Tours are better than the PT trilogy.

But don't let me interrupt your mad-on.

Really? You're going to get pissed over an advertisement that's mainly shown on the park's closed circuit TV channels?

I guess you were OK with SW characters back when they were on the Muppets, or Donnie and Marie, or the cover of Rolling Stone on a beach. Then there was the highly dignified Holiday Special. It's only just now they've done something goofy.

Anyone who's been to Disneyland or Disneyworld knows what a big deal Star Tours and th Indiana Jones Stunt Show are. I was there for the first Star Wars weekend this year and they had costumed SW characters everywhere, including Vader and the best Chewbacca I've seen outside the films. The effects in the revamped Star Tours are better than the PT trilogy.

But don't let me interrupt your mad-on.

:exactly: :exactly:

Personally I think that commercial is Citizen Kane compared to the prequels.

:exactly: :exactly:

Anyone who's been to Disneyland or Disneyworld knows what a big deal Star Tours and th Indiana Jones Stunt Show are. I was there for the first Star Wars weekend this year and they had costumed SW characters everywhere, including Vader and the best Chewbacca I've seen outside the films.

homer-goes-to-college21.png

___

You laugh. But this was before Disney owned the property. They did that ****, with the dancing game, and ****ing Detours.

Detours, Robot Chicken, and Family Guy have done a lot of damage to the Star Wars image. Disney/LFL needs to stop signing off on this kind of thing.

Detours, Robot Chicken, and Family Guy have done a lot of damage to the Star Wars image. Disney/LFL needs to stop signing off on this kind of thing.

I've actually gotten quite a kick out of Robot Chicken but you're right. It's only funny because George has basically admitted defeat and by endorsing those he's come off as, "YES, I get that Jar Jar and the prequels are stupid, but see, I'm laughing WITH you all now." As opposed to just having great movies that need no additional side commentary spoofs to make everyone appreciate them.

The Avengers was just good clean fun that didn't take itself too seriously but that doesn't mean it needs an entire weekly television show making fun of it.

One thing Lucasfilm is likely to lose control of is the marketing of Star Wars. Disney is much smarter about controlling the image if their properties.

Back