Disney to Acquire Lucasfilm Ltd.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
536356_459397974101366_1823809407_n.jpg

:lol :lol :rotfl:lol

funny-star-wars-disney-pictures-19.jpg

:D :lol

Hmmmmm.....

https://kotaku.com/5960715/lucasfil...-three-movies-a-year-thats-a-lot-of-star-wars

The next Star Wars movie, Episode VII, is just the tip of a money-coloured iceberg Disney plans to harvest in the wake of its takeover of the franchise from George Lucas.

Speaking with Entertainment Weekly, Lucas' anointed successor, Kathleen Kennedy, says that the company wants to produce "two or three films a year", which aside from the odd Indiana Jones flick certainly suggests we can expect all kinds of Star Wars output over the next decade.

Which is exactly what I was hoping for when this deal was announced. Let the main movies come and go, but potentially more interesting would be the other movies that get made, from children's animated flicks (maybe with a Pixar touch) to darker, more adult content that long-time fans have only been able to get in comics and books.

The full interview with Kennedy will appear in the next issue of EW.

Here is the full quote from the article:

"Lucasfilm’s co-chairman and soon-to-be president, Kathleen Kennedy, has told employees she wants the company to produce two or three films a year (it’s averaged fewer than four per decade), and first up is Star Wars: Episode VII for 2015, which will pick up sometime after Darth Vader gave his life to overthrow (figuratively and literally) the Emperor and save Luke in 1983’s Episode VI— Return of the Jedi. Yes, the plan is to return to the characters in the first trilogy (1977–83). Whether the original actors will have significant roles or merely be on hand to pass the baton to a new generation of actors—something Lucasfilm tried with mixed success with Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and Disney with TRON: Legacy—is unclear."

Last edited:
I'm nervous and exited at the same time to see what is to come bi hope its good and something we can at least all be proud of. Nothing like hanging your head in public because of Jar Jar.

My gues is if they're going en masse, Disney is going to try for some varied Star Wars timelines which I would definitely go for some movies set in whatever good old days Revan and all the Old Republic guys are set in.

What I don't think I'd like is any type of "reboot" that would contradict what was originally laid out by the OT. Anything else I'd say go for it.

I think people are making too much of the 2-3 per year remark. Disney makes direct to DVD films, kid's cartoons, and all sorts of stuff.

It takes a long damn time to make a movie as big as any of the Star Wars films. They aren't doing making multiple films each year on that scale.

I think people are making too much of the 2-3 per year remark. Disney makes direct to DVD films, kid's cartoons, and all sorts of stuff.

It takes a long damn time to make a movie as big as any of the Star Wars films. They aren't doing making multiple films each year on that scale.

Because we're speculating on what we'd like to see? Woop dee doo.

I think he means assuming they'll all be Star Wars.

Well, they have other properties to work on as well ( and hopefully not screw up as badly as Crystal Skull :lol ) but I don't think its "too much" to expect them to make more actual movies that are Star Wars centric. Its a new ballgame for their new president and I hope she wants to continually push for more content.

Well, they have other properties to work on as well ( and hopefully not screw up as badly as Crystal Skull :lol ) but I don't think its "too much" to expect them to make more actual movies that are Star Wars centric. Its a new ballgame for their new president and I hope she wants to continually push for more content.

There is always Willow and Howard The Duck. :slap

Back