Disney to Acquire Lucasfilm Ltd.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2988284_orig.jpg

He does it for the lolz...

images

Lol poor Lucas ruining his own movies. I like his excuses for the prequels that they were made for children, and a new generation. Then he cuts Anakin legs off, chars his mangled remains. Kills his mother and wife. Seems like some pretty mature material for children.

Don't forget having Annie killing the younglings, even tho not shown but its an uncomfortable scene.
Don't get me started on all the lame cameos and Anakin making c3po. They should make all three prequels a dream Luke has about how he thought Anakin was turned to the Darkside

:lol:lol:lol

sent from my R2 unit

That is the best and coolest one I read!

The more I think about it the more I think either make it a new era but respect the eu or start a new continuity but please don't pay lip service and piss all over the eu.

I can see the appeal of a modern well controlled contunity like marvel tried with the ultimate universe. But look how they screwed that up.

As details continue to flood in regarding the just-announced Star Wars: Episode VII, EW managed to catch up with Luke Skywalker himself, Mark Hamill, who reveals that he was made aware of plans for a third trilogy last August.

"[George Lucas] asked Carrie [Fisher] and I to have lunch with him and we did," Hamill says, "I thought he was going to talk about either his retirement or the 'Star Wars' TV series that I’ve heard about — which I don’t think we were going to be involved in anyway, because that takes place between the prequels and the ones we were in and, if Luke were in them, he’d be anywhere from a toddler to a teenager so they’d get an age-appropriate actor — or the 3-D releases. So when he said, 'We decided we’re going to do Episodes VII, VIII, and IX,” I was just gobsmacked. “What? Are you nuts?!” [Laughs]"

Although Hamill learned of the plans for more films, he was as surprised as anyone at the announcement of Lucasfilm being bought by Disney when he read about it online yesterday. He also doesn't know what involvement - if any - he'll have in future Star Wars films, but he remains optimistic as a fan.

"I can see both sides of it," he says. "Because in a way, there was a beginning, a middle, and an end and we all lived happily ever after and that’s the way it should be — and it’s great that people have fond memories, if they do have fond memories. But on the other hand, there’s this ravenous desire on the part of the true believers to have more and more and more material. It’s one of those things: people either just don’t care for it or are passionate about it. I guess that defines what cult movies are all about."

Hamill reiterates that Kathleen Kennedy will be handling a lot of the work on the new films, leaving Lucas to his newfound retirement and plans for a charitable educational foundation funded by the multi-billion dollar sale.

The more I think about it the more I think either make it a new era but respect the eu or start a new continuity but please don't pay lip service and piss all over the eu.

I can see the appeal of a modern well controlled contunity like marvel tried with the ultimate universe. But look how they screwed that up.

To use your words, I'd say piss all over the EU. The EU after the movies is all pretty ridiculous anyways. Most of the stories are just unoriginal ways to negate force powers which got old REAL quick.

English! Do you speak it?! :lol

I don't get the big deal about the 2006 DVDs. I think they look fine. What's wrong with them? I'm so happy to see the original theatrical cuts without having to endure all the tracking on my overplayed VHS copies. I was most bummed about the stereo sound and lack of surround on the 2006 releases.
Man, I bought those DVDs recently. .nearly unwatchable when the flaws got blown up on the HDTV. They work fine if you have an old school TV, but that's about it.

To use your words, I'd say piss all over the EU. The EU after the movies is all pretty ridiculous anyways. Most of the stories are just unoriginal ways to negate force powers which got old REAL quick.

Yeah a lot of post Rotj eu is weak and that's why I could get behind a relaunched and better managed version BUT.....

There's also some really good stuff and frankly there's a lot of history that I don't want just binned.

I know they could just lift the good. Mara thrawn x wing books black fleet crisis even dark nest ( i liked it )and hide some of the crap. New Jedi order (over the top with some good bits) the children of the Jedi book he way the big three are now like 6 million years old and still running around but hate just a bit new 52 for me.

It all depends - written well it would give us the opportunity to keep what you liked.

I guess I'm undecided :pray:

Man, I bought those DVDs recently. .nearly unwatchable when the flaws got blown up on the HDTV. They work fine if you have an old school TV, but that's about it.

Very true...some Bluray Players do a pretty good job of upscaling the DVD to a higher definition...its not bad

can't believe he did this actually. guess star wars will get even more sanitized now. i can't even see disney releasing anything like ROTS.

can't believe he did this actually. guess star wars will get even more sanitized now. i can't even see disney releasing anything like ROTS.

You are assuming Lucasfilm will dissolve and Disney will directly make the films.

As it has been pointed out, Marvel is still making Marvel films and Disney distributes them. PIXAR makes PIXAR films. I expect Lucasfilm will create Star Wars the same way they have worked previously.

Fox didn't tell George what could and couldn't be in his films. Neither will Disney. When a studio greenlights a film they usually just stipulate a target rating such as PG, PG-13, etc...

Do you realize Disney owned Miramax for nearly 20 years until Harvey Wienstien left the company? During that time they released most of Tarantino's films, several Kevin Smith films, Micheal Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11, Hayao Miyazaki's films... all without cutting a frame.

Star Wars will be no more or less sugar-coated than it has been until now.

I'll have to give them a watch on my current TV. I watched them all on an older TV when I first got them and haven't since. But honestly, they'll still be better than the abominations that have been released since and the VHS with the tracking issues.

I'll have to give them a watch on my current TV. I watched them all on an older TV when I first got them and haven't since. But honestly, they'll still be better than the abominations that have been released since and the VHS with the tracking issues.

Yeah. Still have my VHS tapes but I need to go ahead and pick them up on DVD. Where is the best place to get them and does anyone have a pic of the covers so I can tell the difference between them and the SE?

Yeah a lot of post Rotj eu is weak and that's why I could get behind a relaunched and better managed version BUT.....

There's also some really good stuff and frankly there's a lot of history that I don't want just binned.

I know they could just lift the good. Mara thrawn x wing books black fleet crisis even dark nest ( i liked it )and hide some of the crap. New Jedi order (over the top with some good bits) the children of the Jedi book he way the big three are now like 6 million years old and still running around but hate just a bit new 52 for me.

It all depends - written well it would give us the opportunity to keep what you liked.

I guess I'm undecided :pray:

There's a lot of really great stories and characters in the EU but on the same token there's a bunch of crap too.

I, personally, would like to see some EU characters make it to the big screen.

I'm just hoping that we get a really kick ass Episode VII. :pray:

You are assuming Lucasfilm will dissolve and Disney will directly make the films.

As it has been pointed out, Marvel is still making Marvel films and Disney distributes them. PIXAR makes PIXAR films. I expect Lucasfilm will create Star Wars the same way they have worked previously.
Fox didn't tell George what could and couldn't be in his films. Neither will Disney. When a studio greenlights a film they usually just stipulate a target rating such as PG, PG-13, etc...

Do you realize Disney owned Miramax for nearly 20 years until Harvey Wienstien left the company? During that time they released most of Tarantino's films, several Kevin Smith films, Micheal Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11, Hayao Miyazaki's films... all without cutting a frame.

Star Wars will be no more or less sugar-coated than it has been until now.

:goodpost:
Theres alot of naive people that just assume that they're going to make Disney Star Wars movies with Winnie the Pooh cameos or something. :lol
Disney does not acquire properties to lose money. What are they afraid Disney will do? Include Ewoks and Jar Jar Binks? Sorry, that crap is pre Disney.

Back