DISNEY STORE ELITE SERIES PREMIUM FIGURES: CLOTHED 11-12" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought an MMS279 Vader cape off eBay to upgrade my Vader, should be here by Saturday, I'm excited.

Unless you're planning to cut it down, the HT cape will most likely be too big. My R1 Vader is taller and bulkier than the PE one, and presumably the ANH Vader is pretty similar.

And of course, is it worth spending more money on a PE figure?

I don't care if it's a bit too long, and it is worth the money, I don't have budget to get HT Vader, and Sideshow's helmets are too flawed. If you want a high end looking Vader on display with a tight budget, it's a great balance. I'll have a nice representation of Vader standing on my shelf for only $47 total.

Got my HT cape. It may be too long to be considered film accurate, but the way it drapes and lays is just perfect, I am so excited and love my Vader even more now.

IMG_3885.JPG

Much better than this, which is the best the stock cape can do.

34058261176_893fc2db07_o.jpg

I'm blown away by the cape from HT, I had multiple HT Batman figures and capes were never this nice and the Sideshow Vader cape wasn't anywhere near this good.

Looks good maulfan!

Im wondering how he would look with the Hasbro titanium helmet on him? Anyone try that?

Not sure how easily you could find a neck to mount the helmet with, and from what i can see online, the helmet seems similar to the Elite Series head, like the base helmet is the same and the titanium just went a step further making it be two pieces with details on the mask. If I see the titanium helmet in store for cheap I might give it a shot, but I'm not going to chase after one.

Yeah looks similar, but looks to me like it could be just a touch bigger than the elite figures helm. A slightly bigger helmet could really make this great figure look much better I'm thinking.

So, I finally decide to get the Darth Vader with the extra 40% off making it only $12 after 2 days of procrastinating and deciding to pick u a few other things to hit $50 for free S&H, and it's now sold out just as I was placing my order.... :( Well, at least I just saved $38 on crap I really didn't need (early Halloween costumes for kids and a t-shirt for my daughter).

Finally got around to removing the thick elastic HT used to keep the cape in place and swapped it with string which lets the Elite head attach properly, then moved the chain to come from the collar.

IMG_3999.JPG

Krennic is actually pretty nice looking in my opinion. Not perfect but for the price it's hard to complain. Might grab him at some point.

Disney Store Elite Kylo Ren.

Simple head swap with the Titanium Series helmet. All you need is a regular neck adapter (it fits perfectly with no mods). Added a temporary shirt to cover the arms.

K1.jpg
K2.jpg
K4.jpg
K5.jpg
K3.jpg

18670937_10154389057742441_3651622584426285955_n.jpg

These were on sale for $14 at the Disney store. I picked up Vader. Finn was $5, still too much for me.

Finally got around to shortening the chain on Vader's cape. Not sure why I waited this long; only took me about 5 minutes.

I didn't want to shorten it too much, so I only took out 1/3 (7 links). It's a slight difference but makes it sit and look that much better.

bd17786bce92d67be783ef8ee12f530c.jpg

1 week working on the headsculpt repaint. Im just super Happy with the result

[ATTACH

P_20170602_075308.jpg

P_20170602_075250.jpg

Attachments

• P_20170602_075334.jpg
    P_20170602_075334.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 369
  • P_20170602_075319.jpg
    P_20170602_075319.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 373
I did a video review of the Kylo Ren, with some 360 degree shots. If you're curious, take a look:

I picked him up on sale back in March, then gave it to my son for his birthday on May 30.

Back