DISNEY STORE ELITE SERIES PREMIUM FIGURES: CLOTHED 11-12" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hoping for some imperial stormtroopers as well. But seems nothing new since the death troopers were released

I'm actually surprised we didn't get a classic Stormtrooper with the Rogue One figures. Hopefully they get around to it but this line might be dead after only 7 figures....

Does anyone here have the Darth Vader and either HT or Sideshow Vader to post pics together? I'm curious how they compare side by side.

Does anyone here have the Darth Vader and either HT or Sideshow Vader to post pics together? I'm curious how they compare side by side.

Here's a pic of my Elite and R1 Vader (keep thinking that R1 Vader looks too broad and the head is oversized)

Attachments

• IMG_2162.jpg
    IMG_2162.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 270
Thanks. I can't really afford an HT Vader right now and I want a ROTJ version most, but I'm trying to have a nice representation of Vader in my collection for now without breaking the bank. I got Elite Vader for $17, and obviously HT is much nicer, but given the cost difference, I think the Elite holds up well. I'm contemplating getting an HT cape as that's the only part of the Elite that bothers me, but if I saw HT and Elite side by side and felt the difference more dramatic, I'd probably leave Elite as it is and save the money towards a Jedi Vader, but I think adding a nice cape to polish the overall look of the Elite would be worth it.

I was also concerned the length of the cape might be an issue but looking at them together, they don't seem to off in height, at least shoulder to shoulder which is all that matters for the cape.

Yeah, the Elite Vader is obviously left standing by the HT Vader, but it's still incredible VFM.

Chain doesn't bother me about the Elite cape so much as that it wasn't tailored to wrap around enough to drape over his shoulders, and I want to be able to get that classic Vader look.

IMG_3648.JPG

IMG_3649.JPG

As it is, I can get the stock figure looking good but he looks more like a ROTS promo image.

IMG_3650.JPG

IMG_3651.JPG

Anybody have a short tutorial on how to shorten the chain on Vader's cape? I want to do it and it seems simple enough but I don't want to screw anything up....

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks, it's a great figure for what it costs, only a few issues and side purchases and customization can help. I snipped the vertical straps connect the shoulder armor to the belt for his chest box to be able to slide the robe under the shoulder armor instead of the stock ANH look. I don't really care how accurate it is or not, he looks like a nice representation of OT Vader and that's enough for me, just no ROTS one piece shoulder armor.

Anybody have a short tutorial on how to shorten the chain on Vader's cape? I want to do it and it seems simple enough but I don't want to screw anything up....

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I shortened the chain by about 10 links, based on a suggestion from someone else on another forum, as you can see in my pic further up the page. A pair of small wire cutters is all you need. If you look closely, there's a spot on each link of the chain where it's been joined together, which is the best spot to cut the links and bend the ends apart with pliers. Cut out 10 links in the middle, and then join the rest back together and close the links back up. Just be careful not to pull the links off the cape while you're shortening the chain like I did! Thought I might have to write the cape off at first...

I think for $12 each I'm finally gonna pick up Vader since I have a compulsion to buy every Darth Vader figure I see. And for the price, maybe another. For those that have these, who looks better Kylo or the Death Trooper?? And for those that have these mixed in with SS or HT 1/6 figures, does either Kylo or the Death Trooper scale better?? Would love both of the HT versions, but trying to stick to OT only. Anybody have pics of these (Kylo & Death Trooper) compared to the HT versions?

Thanks...

Unfortunately Kylo and Death troopers are way too small to scale right with SS or HT figures.

Krennic blends in pretty well though!

Back