DISNEY STORE ELITE SERIES PREMIUM FIGURES: CLOTHED 11-12" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the replies guys! I think Im gonna pass on the death troopers, they just dont look right at the same height as krennic.

I picked up the Rey from disneystore.com last week for $17.95. Ordered a head from ebay, and a Eowyn body from toyanxiety (it was $20). Did a quick paint job on the upper body/arms/neck to better match the skin tone of the head. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics. I had some Hot Toys style foot pegs from a narrow-shoulder body, they fit the Eowyn body and the Disney Rey boots perfectly. Going to get some better hands, these are the Disney hands and are a bit under-sized.

DSC_1227.JPG

Height comparison with a Sideshow Leia.
DSC_1229.JPG

I picked up the Rey from disneystore.com last week for $17.95. Ordered a head from ebay, and a Eowyn body from toyanxiety (it was $20). Did a quick paint job on the upper body/arms/neck to better match the skin tone of the head. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics. I had some Hot Toys style foot pegs from a narrow-shoulder body, they fit the Eowyn body and the Disney Rey boots perfectly. Going to get some better hands, these are the Disney hands and are a bit under-sized.

View attachment 329351

Height comparison with a Sideshow Leia.
View attachment 329352
What paint did you use?

Re: DISNEY STORE ELITE SERIES PREMIUM FIGURES: CLOTHED 11-12" Figures

ShadowGuardian said:
What paint did you use?
Apple Barrel craft paint from Walmart, thinned with rubbing alcohol and airbrushed on. I started with the skin/flesh color and mixed in some brown to darken it until it looked about right. Took some trial and error to get it right. Then sealed it with some Testors Dullcoat.

Sent from my 306SH using Tapatalk

A couple better pics of my upgraded Rey.

P1100798.JPG

P1100796.JPG

Attachments

• P1100795.JPG
    P1100795.JPG
    533.4 KB · Views: 392
^
Thanks for the nice pics and helpful details.

Whenever they were on sale, I bought a few Krennics and was able to make some custom characters.

Sorry for the group shot, but I didn't take photos individually.

IMG_1290.JPG

Has anyone tried using the REGULAR Titanium Vader helmet on the Disney? I know it was said the Rebels one was too big but....

Just got Krennic and what a bargain. $28 shipped. Straight outa the box pic and I think he looks great. He's a touch on the small side but not bad. Great tunic. Great sculpt, one of the top three in this category for me.

Plenty of room in the price for upgrades if you want. Slightly taller body maybe. Better boots for sure. And a repaint to bring out the sculpt. Belt and buckle are cheap but workable. Makes for a great Krennic especially if HT never gets around to him.

IMG_0393.JPG

Does anyone have a comparison pic of the Elite and HT Kylo Ren? Wondering if the Elite version would be better scaled to HT Rey

Does anyone have a comparison pic of the Elite and HT Kylo Ren? Wondering if the Elite version would be better scaled to HT Rey

The HT version is way superior.

Why would you want the Disney one for if you had the HT Rey?

I would definitely want the HT Kylo Ren to go with my HT Rey.

The Vader is pretty cool. I just picked him up for $20

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I got him for $17 over the weekend at a Disney Store outlet. For even a $35 figure, Vader is quite nice and definitely a great option if HT is out of your reach. I'm actually happier to have him than any of the Sideshow Vaders, their helmet to mask proportions have always bothered me, next to HT, this is the best 12", articulated, real costume Vader you could pick up and it's a fraction of the cost.

Boy Disneystores have these 50% off for a while and they are still just sitting there :dunno

I would love to see this line continue, but the fact that Disney is discounting them so much does not fair well. It's tough, most collectors aren't really keen on a cheaper alternative, they want the expensive versions even if they can't get them, I don't think there's enough market of people happy with these figures. I'm just glad they did Vader and I got one, I had to sell my ANH Sideshow, can't afford HT, and I just want a nice, somewhat realistic looking figure of Vader, he's a classic character and a design I absolutely love and I've hated not having a good one in my collection and for less than $20 this was a steal.

Yeah if they made Storm Troopers, I'd probably buy a bunch to army-build. Especially if they're the same quality as Vader.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Back