Disney Buys Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, funny you should say that.

Becuase at first i was like

SadMickey.jpg

But then i was Like

venom3.jpg

when i thought about Marvel making appearances in the next kingdom hearts

It could be a lot worse, but then again, maybe, I'm acting too pessimistic. Disney does have a lot of "arsenal" in their corner, so this may be a blessing in disguise. Only time will tell.

My biggest concern is that some of Marvel's "edgier" characters and story lines will loose their edge. One of the first characters that come to mind is Daredevil and The Punisher.

My biggest concern is that some of Marvel's "edgier" characters and story lines will loose their edge. One of the first characters that come to mind is Daredevil and The Punisher.

I actually just got off of ebay and ordered a copy of Ennis's Punisher Omnibus. I got a feeling this kind of stuff is going to become hard to find.

Diseny is in the business to make money, I don't think they are going to drastically change what works. They will just continue to capitalize on the existing products that are already selling and probably exploit the movie rights a lot more.

Let's hope that this isn't the beginning of the end, hopefully Disney will take a hands off approach.

I think good thing can come from this...but it does suck that Disney is buying everthing...next up...Nintendo :huh

Words don't necessarily make it so, though. Words spoken today might be in the interest of minimizing negative geek reaction. If they decide tomorrow that a more "hands on" approach might breed more profit. . .

They bought ESPN, you see the logo sporting ears or a bill? They own Miramax, do you see the castle before Gangs of New York? They own the Muppets and do you see Kermit infused into Its a Small World?

Its amazing how little credit people give Disney.

I think good thing can come from this...but it does suck that Disney is buying everthing...next up...Nintendo :huh

That sounds great to me. Imagine a 5th park in FL or a 3rd in CA with a Star Wars land, a Nintendo Land, a Marvel Land, a Pixar Land....sounds like win to me?

Although it won't happen. :D

They bought ESPN, you see the logo sporting ears or a bill? They own Miramax, do you see the castle before Gangs of New York? They own the Muppets and do you see Kermit infused into Its a Small World?

Its amazing how little credit people give Disney.

Nope but the last few appearances the Muppets had on TV was with Disney's talentless tween singers... :rolleyes:
I love Disney, but they have some pretty lame concepts too...

Back