Disney Buys Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No idea what this means, I lost touch with Marvel decades ago. I like the pre-90's stuff though. Haven't liked the recent Spidey movies, passed on Wolverine's movie. Now the Bowen/SS pieces are cool and hope they are not affected by this.

Thank you for the information Mike. Only problem is my wife keeps looking over my shoulder at your "boob signatures" and she's getting concerned.

Let's recap shall we as 13 pages deep, this thread is kind of repeating itself.

What we know:

Disney has made a bid to buy Marvel entirely for the sum of $4 Billion which is made up of stock and cash.

Marvel's initial reports are that it will pass without opposition.

John Lasseter has met already with Marvel's Animation studios and the Marvel films division to discuss future endeavors but nothing has been confirmed and Bob Iger warns that it'll be some time before they can begin working together.

Marvel already licensed out to Theme Parks in Dubai as well as in Orlando under the Universal Studios umbrella, while the Dubai venture isn't known in terms of contractuals, the Universal folks have already confirmed that they have a perpetual deal with Marvel that locks any usage of the characters from any theme park east of the Mississippi. This was to block out Disney, Busch Gardens, etc. For the term of the life of the ride.

Bob Iger confirmed that Disney will allow Marvel to operate semi-independently similar to the way ESPN is run, so count the number of Disney reference on ESPN to get an idea on how it will influence Marvel.

Bob Iger also confirmed that the standing contracts will be honored including the merchandising (which would include Sideshow, HT, etc) and the Universal Theme Parks indicating that they will begin to appear at the world wide parks and even California but not in Florida for the timebeing.

By proxy, this deal means that usage of the characters in the Universal parks will mean that by next year Universal will be paying Disney money for every shirt, keychain, etc made specifically for IOA as well as the licensing of the characters. From initial reports the cost of the characters wasn't locked so Disney can charge what they want once the current contract expires because there is an instant renewal clause but not a price (that we know of) which has many insiders thinking that Universal will look for ways to retheme that area and eventually phase out Marvel.

I think this is great news!! :rock

Soon I can walk into the Disney store here and find some cool Marvel plush for my son.
And that's exactly what Disney is banking on.

Marvel/Pixar stuff makes my pants tight. :)
My pants are pretty tight right now thinking about that. :D

I'm not gonna go all doom and gloom...
That's the trendy thing to do though, seems a lot of folk can't think for themselves and go along with the crowd. :rolleyes:

thumb160x_disneymarvel2.jpg

:lol
AWESOME. :rock

Let's recap shall we as 13 pages deep, this thread is kind of repeating itself.

What we know:

Disney has made a bid to buy Marvel entirely for the sum of $4 Billion which is made up of stock and cash.

Marvel's initial reports are that it will pass without opposition.

John Lasseter has met already with Marvel's Animation studios and the Marvel films division to discuss future endeavors but nothing has been confirmed and Bob Iger warns that it'll be some time before they can begin working together.

Marvel already licensed out to Theme Parks in Dubai as well as in Orlando under the Universal Studios umbrella, while the Dubai venture isn't known in terms of contractuals, the Universal folks have already confirmed that they have a perpetual deal with Marvel that locks any usage of the characters from any theme park east of the Mississippi. This was to block out Disney, Busch Gardens, etc. For the term of the life of the ride.

Bob Iger confirmed that Disney will allow Marvel to operate semi-independently similar to the way ESPN is run, so count the number of Disney reference on ESPN to get an idea on how it will influence Marvel.

Bob Iger also confirmed that the standing contracts will be honored including the merchandising (which would include Sideshow, HT, etc) and the Universal Theme Parks indicating that they will begin to appear at the world wide parks and even California but not in Florida for the timebeing.

By proxy, this deal means that usage of the characters in the Universal parks will mean that by next year Universal will be paying Disney money for every shirt, keychain, etc made specifically for IOA as well as the licensing of the characters. From initial reports the cost of the characters wasn't locked so Disney can charge what they want once the current contract expires because there is an instant renewal clause but not a price (that we know of) which has many insiders thinking that Universal will look for ways to retheme that area and eventually phase out Marvel.

Only 4 pages for me...you guys need to change your settings! :lol

Re: So much for our brloved Marvel Movies

CRAP!!! as long as it doesn't affect the actual comics i'm not worried. and there goes the notion of ever getting another R rated Marvel movie.

Just saw that this has a thread in Marvel...mods...feel free to join them.

CRAP!!! as long as it doesn't affect the actual comics i'm not worried. and there goes the notion of ever getting another R rated Marvel movie.

Yeah because "Pulp Fiction", "Clerks" and "No Country for Old Men" aren't Disney movies.

At first when I herd the news I was like
wolverine_facepalm.gif

but the more I think about it Disney probably isn't looking to change marvel so much as they are looking to make mad $$$ off Marvel, but a Marvel/Pixar would be pretty f'n sweet

Last edited:
No they are completely different animals I would hate to see the two forum sections combined.

Back