Diorama Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was really hoping for a meditation chamber Vader

I was hoping that would be the first Vader Dio as well...

The only dio I would be interested in would be Luke standing over a crumpled Vader.

That one would be great but not the only one I'd be interested in. I'd love a Throne Room Duel, Vader Funeral Pyre scene, AT-ATs approaching Hoth, Speeder Bike chase, "You Don't Need to See Our Identification" scene, etc...

I'd really dig a Luke vs. Rancor diorama ... :love

I left that off of my list just to agree with you on this one. I'd love to get a Guard in its hands as well.

I honestly don't get how anyone could be disappointed by this choice. That moment in Star Wars, almost more than any other single moment in the entire saga, demonstrates the savage brutality of Darth Vader. He didn't use an "elegant weapon" such as a light saber, or the mystical power of the force. He used his imposing size and the brute strength of his bionic arms to literally crush a man's throat, and then toss the lifeless body aside like so much flotsam. If you want a scene that embodies the twisted and evil side of Darth Vader, I couldn't imagine a better one than this.

True but the scene dio I was have gone with from this era would have been him stepping onto the Tantive through the smoke flanked by troopers with the floor littered Rebels. To me at least that is more menacing that this scene.

I honestly don't get how anyone could be disappointed by this choice. That moment in Star Wars, almost more than any other single moment in the entire saga, demonstrates the savage brutality of Darth Vader. He didn't use an "elegant weapon" such as a light saber, or the mystical power of the force. He used his imposing size and the brute strength of his bionic arms to literally crush a man's throat, and then toss the lifeless body aside like so much flotsam.

If you want a scene that embodies the twisted and evil side of Darth Vader, I couldn't imagine a better one than this.

Jeez, I thought this scene was cool but had no desire to buy it until I read this post. That is definitely a good reason to buy it.

I think the scene Mike describes is more iconic, but I think this one is more menacing. Well for me at least.

Jeez, I thought this scene was cool but had no desire to buy it until I read this post. That is definitely a good reason to buy it.

I think the scene Mike describes is more iconic, but I think this one is more menacing. Well for me at least.

I can still remember quite vividly my reaction to this scene, the first time I saw Star Wars, 31 years ago. It was a completely visceral reaction, both cringing with revulsion at the hideous sounds of poor Antilles' throat being crushed, and the jaw-dropping realization of just how evil the Darth Vader character was. He never even gave the rebel a second look after he killed him, just went on with his search.

I can still remember quite vividly my reaction to this scene, the first time I saw Star Wars, 31 years ago. It was a completely visceral reaction, both cringing with revulsion at the hideous sounds of poor Antilles' throat being crushed, and the jaw-dropping realization of just how evil the Darth Vader character was. He never even gave the rebel a second look after he killed him, just went on with his search.

Very true. As a kid, I loved that introduction...much more than the famed first-shot "entrance". This was Vader at his most brutal; at the time he was more a dog-of-war, a monstrous henchman, who as the film progressed you began to realize was much smarter than you originally thought. Never again in the saga would Vader behave this way -- never again would he yell at his troopers, or use physical strength in such a vile manner. He became more of an ominous, elegant character. His savagery cooled into a disdainful menace where he chokes people without even lifting a hand.

I always preferred Vader as that angry, dog-of-war figure. He was scarier.

Like the original, "Bring my shuttle!" from ESB. Much better than the current Special edition line.

I honestly don't get how anyone could be disappointed by this choice. That moment in Star Wars, almost more than any other single moment in the entire saga, demonstrates the savage brutality of Darth Vader. He didn't use an "elegant weapon" such as a light saber, or the mystical power of the force. He used his imposing size and the brute strength of his bionic arms to literally crush a man's throat, and then toss the lifeless body aside like so much flotsam.

If you want a scene that embodies the twisted and evil side of Darth Vader, I couldn't imagine a better one than this.

I have to agree totally.

I'm guessing if its only Vader and the trooper it will be about $225. If there is a stormtrooper or some of the walls of the ship then it will be around $300.

noooooooo.jpg

I like it a lot...this piece and particular moments has never done before in statue form...best of the line IMO.My type of dio for sure.

I think it looks great, one of thee best sculpts they've done with the dio line. But I didn't order it. Hope to use a giftcard on it.

Last edited:
I just think there should be more to it then that half assed portion of the background in the corner there.

It looks nice but I'm moving away from the dio line-- and I think I would've liked more of the Tantive IV hallway...

Yeah, that would be nice (but none of the dioramas had much backround) and the floor looks like wood but its still neat.

This is one that'd look better in Faux Bronze....something about it just doesn't jive with me as is......passed.

Back