Dinosauria: Upcoming maquettes (Mosasaur, new T-Rex & Ceratops concept)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I paid aftermarket prices for most of my Dinosauria statues, so it's a bummer seeing ones I have like the Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus and Carnotaurus get reissued, but there were a couple holes in my collection I never thought I'd be able to afford like the Spinosaurus, that are now being made available again at more reasonable prices, so it's kind of a double edged sword for me.

As someone relatively new to this line, came around when I saw Stego, I do feel bad for the people in it from the beginning, since they thought they were getting a limited statue, especially on the after market. However as someone who does have many, just two, I am looking forward to getting more of the series repainted, because its really my only chance. Also this reminds me of releasing prints, then reprinted with a small difference as a variant. Always a slippery slope.

The originals are pricey but not totally unobtainable. That's part of collecting. You buy the current pieces at a good price and you have to work a bit to get the older ones..makes them more valuable I think knowing just how much you had to work to save and get it..it's a goal or a grail. Dumping a bunch for about the same price as they originally sold for ( even with minor tweaks ) is just bad for fans and collectors. Can you imagine if we could all walk into a walmart and buy one? I have to say the quality of paint used in the new Allo/Camara really does look like a piece of " art " I'd find there. For once I have no doubt the factories in Asia will be able to reproduce this color scheme. lol

I don't have any of the dino line and may buy some of the variants. I know all these variants are a slippery slope for collectors though.

Since SSC is re-releasing older pieces from this line, I do hope that they re-release the Euoplocephalus Egg Maquette since a lot of loyal and "actual" dinosaur fans of the line missed that particular piece.

+1 to that!

I am glad they are releasing repaints on this line. I'm not sure why everyone is so upset with sideshow. It's not releasing the originals. I don't think that someone who would pay 2K+ for an original release t-rex suddenly wouldn't want it because there is a repaint. I would never pay that kind of money but I might get the repaint. That doesn't decrease the value of the original, it just makes it possible for those of us with limited income to get a repaint version.

Hello!
I know this is off topic but if anyone is interested I am selling my Protocersatops vs Velociraptor diorama. Few details are corrected with color, especially the Protos head and frill and Velociraptors snout.
Here are few photos
Sideshow Protoceratops vs Velociraptor  6.jpg

does anyone know if the upcoming t-rex is a compete new sculpt or a repaint like the rest? the 1 preview photo isn't very clear thanks

I'm probably late to the party but correct me if I'm wrong? There is no difference to this line so far (except the Rex) to the original maquette line only this time they're "statues", have a re-paint and a consistent base? They're exactly the same moulds?

I'm probably late to the party but correct me if I'm wrong? There is no difference to this line so far (except the Rex) to the original maquette line only this time they're "statues", have a re-paint and a consistent base? They're exactly the same moulds?

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, but Sideshow is issuing repaints of older pieces with new black rock bases under the old existing ones. All new pieces added to the line so far have this added feature. There are two new pieces so far, the Mosasaur and the new T-Rex.

Back