Dinosauria: Upcoming maquettes (Mosasaur, new T-Rex & Ceratops concept)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris S

Freaked Out
Reaction score
In the latest issue of Amazing Figure Modeler (Issue #55), Anthony Mestas and the Sideshow team discuss the Dinosauria line and reveal some of the next releases in the Dinosauria line.

I personally am very excited about the Mosasaur as I have a number of Mosasaur fossils which are going to look awesome next to maquette. I love being able to use the Dinosauria line to help showcase my small collection.

Mosasaur:
w9j1.jpg

New T-Rex:
4nke.jpg

Ceratops concept:
4rew.jpg

O'yea and for those curious I found the magazine available on eBay. The cover looks like this:

1208573_569426183119790_715747830_n.jpg

I love new projects but most attracts me Mosasaur. Looks like that position vertical Slattern: Pacific Rim by Sideshow

PS; I'm very curious who sculpts these statues? Jorge Blanco? If so, sure the final product will be sensational.Would be great to find out when they will release these beauties. Thanks for the pics Chris S

It really is nice to see the Dinosauria line continue. I like the T-Rex. If it's larger than the original I may pick it up. I had the original, which I thought was a phenomenal sculpt and paint, but felt it was just too small.

New T-rex looks interesting, but is a little problem. As we all know, Sideshow has released so far 4 types of T-rex T-rex maquette, T-rex Vs. triceratops, velociraptors vs t-rex diorama-jurassic park, t-rex venomsaurus. I would have expected to be a more unique scene as Sideshow amazed us every time. It's to simplistic scene, instead I was deeply impressed by the Mosasaur. I love how his habitat was carved.:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

My best buddy and I just saw a mosasaur skeleton displayed at the Texas Natural Science Center in Austin last week. That maquette is a dream come true for me. The tyrannosaurus and ceratopsian concept look amazing as well. This is my favorite Sideshow line by far.

Bye bye bank account

The 2nd thought that crossed my mind after " wow ! these are pretty awesome ! " lol ;)

The Mosa looks cool.. I hope it's a full sized maquette piece but it could easily be a smaller one..then we'd get it earlier maybe and still get another larger piece later on next year.

T-Rex is ALWAYS going to be a big seller though..I mean there are new fans/collectors to the line and they want a Rex but missed the first one...so it makes sense to me..this one will also be quite a bit different I think than the previous ones..first it's not being gored and it represents a fully healthy adult animal. To be ****, technically there are only 2 good ones of those mentioned and their in the Dinosauria line. If the poses stay the same I'm betting the Rex and Triceratops can be paired up to form a scene..a pretty cool idea and it makes you want to buy both.

WOW!!!!!!!! Fantastic news, finally. Was really worried the end was near for this fabulous line, so the multiple projects in the works is great.

All the prototypes look fantastic, & I'm hoping they jack up the scale before it's too late. Great job SS, & thank you Chris for bringing the news.:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

My thoughs exactly. Although I don't think SSC will release more than 2 pieces from the Dinosauria line each year.

That's been a good thing for me actually..seems like I have less and less funds. 2 a year would be plenty.

Im all over the Rex the older ones are pretty rare and expensive

Exactly the reason I think a new Rex will do well. :)

My thoughs exactly. Although I don't think SSC will release more than 2 pieces from the Dinosauria line each year.

In the article I believe they mentioned targeting anywhere from 3-4 per year as that looks to be the best they can do given all the other production requirements from the other lines (Star Wars, DC Comics, etc).

That said, I think 3-4 is all my bank account can handle at the moment. While I have a healthy budget for my dino addiction there are other things (food, shelter) that tend to consume a good part of the paycheck as well. :)

I'd really like to see more sauropods. A Brachiosaurus is a must IMO. Hopefully we'll get to see a sculpt of one in the future. :)

An Allosaurus maquette, or perhaps a Ceratosaurus maquette would be great. Maybe even a Acrocanthosaurus! :)

A Quetzalqoatlus would be awesome as well. A sculpt that would bring out the enormous size of the animal would be fantastic!

I know that the T. rex keep hogging all the glory, and that it's been sculpted alot more than any other dinosaur in the collection. But I'd really love to see Sideshow sculpt a juvenile T. rex, like "Jane".

800px-Jane_Tyrannosaurus.jpg

It almost looks like a different animal, with its long legs, powerful skull and proportionally larger fore arms. A fast and agile animal indeed. :)

In the article I believe they mentioned targeting anywhere from 3-4 per year as that looks to be the best they can do given all the other production requirements from the other lines (Star Wars, DC Comics, etc).

That said, I think 3-4 is all my bank account can handle at the moment. While I have a healthy budget for my dino addiction there are other things (food, shelter) that tend to consume a good part of the paycheck as well. :)

I hear ya. 3-4 per year !? That's 2 more than I think we received in the past in one year. So they're upping their game next year instead of one ? Wow.

I'd really like to see more sauropods. A Brachiosaurus is a must IMO. Hopefully we'll get to see a sculpt of one in the future. :)

An Allosaurus maquette, or perhaps a Ceratosaurus maquette would be great. Maybe even a Acrocanthosaurus! :)

A Quetzalqoatlus would be awesome as well. A sculpt that would bring out the enormous size of the animal would be fantastic!

I know that the T. rex keep hogging all the glory, and that it's been sculpted alot more than any other dinosaur in the collection. But I'd really love to see Sideshow sculpt a juvenile T. rex, like "Jane".

800px-Jane_Tyrannosaurus.jpg

It almost looks like a different animal, with its long legs, powerful skull and proportionally larger fore arms. A fast and agile animal indeed. :)

A Brachiosaur or a Diplodocus would be most welcome..though the latter more than the former for me.

Allosaurus maquette I have asked about myself..it's my favorite dino after all..lol I think Ceratosaurus was mentioned as being one of the Sideshow crew's favorites.

Shane Foulkes has an awesome hunting Quetz he released this year in 1/15..so unless it's in a flying pose it would fee too similar to me..of course we also have Ornithocheirus , Hatzegopteryx, ect.. for other big pteros to choose from.

I asked David Krentz about maybe sculpting a juvenile Rex to go with his old male by Sideshow..since the story mentions one that would be really cool.

Back