Dinosauria: Upcoming maquettes (Mosasaur, new T-Rex & Ceratops concept)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Allosaurus maquette I have asked about myself..it's my favorite dino after all..lol I think Ceratosaurus was mentioned as being one of the Sideshow crew's favorites.

The Allosaurus certainly is famous enough. The diorama was nice, but the Allosaurus deserves a maquette! :)

I asked David Krentz about maybe sculpting a juvenile Rex to go with his old male by Sideshow..since the story mentions one that would be really cool.

That would be a dream come true. David Krentz is my favorite dino sculptor. :)

Sorry to be out of topic, but this would have been freakin' awesome if it was a SSC Dinosauria statue. And it's my all-time fav dinosaur.

1c03a92d53870c314ab43b559b6e8dba.jpg

Judging by the pics in the article it looks like we'll be getting a "Sue". :blissy

Were there other pics showing her skeleton or do you mean the general look of the sculpt ? It does appear to be the less gracile morph of T-Rex so might be SUE.

The Allosaurus certainly is famous enough. The diorama was nice, but the Allosaurus deserves a maquette! :)

That would be a dream come true. David Krentz is my favorite dino sculptor. :)

Agreed. Here's hoping for eventually ! I just have to content myself with Shane's Allo for now.

Oh yeah. Should fit in under his current size as well at about 12" or so.

Sorry to be out of topic, but this would have been freakin' awesome if it was a SSC Dinosauria statue. And it's my all-time fav dinosaur.

1c03a92d53870c314ab43b559b6e8dba.jpg

Not at all..I'm ordering one myself..it would have been EPIC as a Sideshow piece !

Great to see more is coming for this line. I've always hoped for a Deinonychus so that would be the best, Mosasaur would be nice too, something different. Tough, a new Rex and Triceratops? I already have two rexes and one Triceratops. I would like to keep this line complete, but they are def not cheap and personally I'm not really fond of having three different representation of the same species of dinosaur, in Rex case, or two in the Tric case. Especially since there are so many more species around you can do great things with. Diplodocus would be great, same as an Ankylosaur or some species like that, and indeed a Troödon, Giganotosaur, Archaeopteryx with nice colours or Pteranodon with the wings spread or in flight. Iguanodon would be great too. I would really rather have a diverse collection that represents and shows the great scala of different species than the same dinosaur in three different variations. I understand it might be nice for Rex/tric-enthusiast or people who have missed out on the first onces but for me personally it's a bit of a disappointment.

I can see your point there. It does make it difficult on a collector who only wants one of each species. Look at it this way, I think there will be a time with this line when we have to start picking and choosing..most of us only have so much room at any rate.

Maybe eventually !

I think Shane did a really neat Postosuchus :

45791_1507672302499_1555075761_1215383_3995832_n%255B1%255D.jpg

This is actually really cool, thanks for posting, but I'm not a big fan of the traditional profile pose. Raise the head and turn it, pivot the tail the other way, then lift a forepaw and done.

Hello friends. I saw Troodon kit from David Krentz. It is a formidable kit. I would like David Krentz to start sculpting again for Sideshow Collectibles. My dream is to see a collaboration between David Krentz and Jorge Blanco. Two titans in the world of sculpture. I have great respect for these two wonderful people.:clap:thud::yess::hi5:

I think so as well..it doesn't look as supple as STAN to me anyway. Definitely a healthy, meaty individual.

I kinda hope they add a few scars and such though..one of the hallmarks of every T-Rex skeleton is the abuse the animals took all through their lives.

The article says the new T. rex sculpt is huge. This ought to relieve those who thought the T. rex maquette was too small. And yeah, scars and wounds are a must. Fossil findings shows the Rex's lived rather violent lives. Krentz captured this perfectly in the maquette. :)

The article says the new T. rex sculpt is huge. This ought to relieve those who thought the T. rex maquette was too small. And yeah, scars and wounds are a must. Fossil findings shows the Rex's lived rather violent lives. Krentz captured this perfectly in the maquette. :)

That would makes sense..Jorge has mentioned in the past wanting to create pieces in the same general size as his Stegosaurus again..and the Triceratops will be as big as the T-Rex..or same scale at any rate so they can be paired up together. I feel my wallet starting to swoon.. lol

I wonder if he'll add feathers to the T-Rex now ?

I wonder if he'll add feathers to the T-Rex now ?

I personally have no problem with feathery dinos. And even though we all know that dinosaurs once were real living animals, imagining them with feathers kind of make them feel more "real" to me. :)

Not to start a debate or anything, but I have yet to be convinced that T. rex had feathers. At least as a grown up. The Yutyrannus had feathers, or at least a layer of down. This large carnivore is often used as proof that T. rex also had feathers. But it lived in a considerably colder climate, and its weight was 1/5 that of a T. rex.

I personally have no problem with feathery dinos. And even though we all know that dinosaurs once were real living animals, imagining them with feathers kind of make them feel more "real" to me. :)

Not to start a debate or anything, but I have yet to be convinced that T. rex had feathers. At least as a grown up. The Yutyrannus had feathers, or at least a layer of down. This large carnivore is often used as proof that T. rex also had feathers. But it lived in a considerably colder climate, and its weight was 1/5 that of a T. rex.

I'm a little on the fence myself. there are good arguments on both sides currently but little real proof..no T-Rex skin impressions with feathers showing for example. Though many model/toy makers are going that route now. I feel Sideshow will go the safe route for sales sake and leave the feathers missing.

My 1:1 T-Rex won't be feathered in any case..mostly due to the sheer complexity of maintaining it. :/

Hi guys!
I am new here. Just started collecting, after talking to Anthony (i am also an artist working mostly in the gaming industry) I went comletely berserk abuot Dinosauria line and bought my first two maquettes last month (Apato and Stego)
don't know where to show photos here or in some other thread?

Ahhh can't wait for these new Maquettes :)

Back