Dinosauria: Euoplocephalus maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great to know that alot of us big prehistoric collectibles fans missed out, due to many wanting something cheap to represent Dinosaurs in their collection. This was really not what I was expecting, as a continuation to the Dinosauria line. If this was the last piece, then what a low blow from Sideshow. I have very little faith that my waitlist will convert for something so cheap, with such a small edition size. :mad:

Sorry to all my other fellow Dinosauria collectors who missed out on this as well. Funny that Dan, a distributor of Sideshow's pieces, not only Dinosauria, didn't even get one. :/

@Dyscrasia and Jeremy: I feel with you guys, but i have it also not ordered.

I think the future of this line would be in maquettes/dioramas like this or a little bit larger, maybe like the carno or the t-rex for prices around
150 US$ and limited run of 500 pieces.

for all the guys who have ordered this little maquette only due to the limitation and the low price without interests on dinosaurs: Thanks!:gah::slap

I came to this thread to share my excitement of getting the piece, not for a guilt trip. I already felt guilty before reading these harsh posts since I know what it's like to long for a collectible, but now I'm angry. I'm going to refrain from using sarcasm or hash wording, but these posts really bothered me. I hope you didn't mean it the way it sounded.

I like dinosaurs, but I don't love them, Nothing compared to those big fans who can actually remember those complicated names and read up on dinosaurs. I'm nothing like that. If it wasn't for the price, I would have admired it, but not bought it. But...

My favorite movie is probably Jurassic Park(kind of a tie). I just love watching it. And as a child, the library was one of the safe places to get away from the bullies. I specially loved the dinosaur books with pop up images.

So everytime I will look at this piece on my shelf I think I'll smile, remembering that great movie and one of the good parts of my childhood. And to me, that means I "deserve" this piece.

But to be frank, even if I just thought it was pretty, cheap and desireable because of low ES, I still think I would have the right to own it without being told off. And who knows; Maybe I and others like me will think the piece looks lonely, and order more, which will help sales, and give us, and you guys, new statues.

I'm sure there will be cancelations!

Relax, it was a cute spook treat! Of course it was going to sell out at price, edition, etc. It happens! Look at the droid pfs!

Get on waitlist or buy it from someone else!

I came to this thread to share my excitement of getting the piece, not for a guilt trip. I already felt guilty before reading these harsh posts since I know what it's like to long for a collectible, but now I'm angry. I'm going to refrain from using sarcasm or hash wording, but these posts really bothered me. I hope you didn't mean it the way it sounded.

I like dinosaurs, but I don't love them, Nothing compared to those big fans who can actually remember those complicated names and read up on dinosaurs. I'm nothing like that. If it wasn't for the price, I would have admired it, but not bought it. But...

My favorite movie is probably Jurassic Park(kind of a tie). I just love watching it. And as a child, the library was one of the safe places to get away from the bullies. I specially loved the dinosaur books with pop up images.

So everytime I will look at this piece on my shelf I think I'll smile, remembering that great movie and one of the good parts of my childhood. And to me, that means I "deserve" this piece.

But to be frank, even if I just thought it was pretty, cheap and desireable because of low ES, I still think I would have the right to own it without being told off. And who knows; Maybe I and others like me will think the piece looks lonely, and order more, which will help sales, and give us, and you guys, new statues.

Sorry if my post came off sounding like I was bashing individual people. I guess having missed out on this piece, plus reading a lot of comments from people who didn't seem to care if they hadn't got one, I got a little flustered. I see you like Buffy, so let me try and make a little comparison. Think if a rare Buffy piece was released, similar specifications to this Dinosauria piece(cheap/low edition size). You see someone post that they snagged one mainly for the cheap price and low edition size. They have never collected any other products based from this franchise, and don't intend to collect any other pieces, unless they're cheap. They even go as far to say they wanted to have a generic blond chick in their collection, and this Buffy statue will fit the bill. How would you feel about that? I mean on Statue Forum you have guys referring to this hatchling as a good representation for a baby dragon. :slap I was mainly thinking of those who have bought one, two, or more and plan on flipping this piece. Other's have already mentioned this piece was a golden opportunity for flippers. If you bought it for the reason you said, then I hope you truly enjoy it, but I can't see alot of people having that same outlook. Does this mean I think you shouldn't be allowed to buy it, no. I never said I thought only certain people should be allowed to buy it. I only thought that if you were only buying it because it was cheap, with a low edition size, maybe you should let true lovers of the item have a chance. I've never been into the idea of buying something simply because it's limited. :dunno

I'm sure there will be cancelations!

Relax, it was a cute spook treat! Of course it was going to sell out at price, edition, etc. It happens! Look at the droid pfs!

Get on waitlist or buy it from someone else!

Already on the waitlist, but I find it hard to believe it will convert. I'm not even sure how many people are before me. If someone is willing to sell it to me for $39.99 plus shipping, I'd gladly take that route.

I'm hoping Sideshow will increase the edition size to let more people have a chance at this. I know some people hate that tactic for much larger pieces, but I would hope no one would mind it for such a small piece.

I think this was a great move on their part to get people interested in this line who weren't before. They will probably get a few sales on their bigger pieces because someone picked this guy up and loves it.

I have nothing against the folks that purchased this because they genuinely liked it (even if they weren't avid fans of the Dinosauria line), but as Jeremy K9 has already mentioned, there were obviously folks that saw it as an oppurtunity to flip it and purchased it before any of the real fans of the line had a chance :(

I missed out on this as well and this will be the first dinosauria piece I will not have from the Sideshow dinosauria line. Reason for me missing out on this was that it was released for preorder at a time when it's night time in my time zone. By the time I woke up for work at 6am, it's already sold out.

I am currently on the wait list but am not hopeful it will convert. Well, sometimes we lose, sometimes we win. No choice. ;)

I'm hoping Sideshow will increase the edition size to let more people have a chance at this. I know some people hate that tactic for much larger pieces, but I would hope no one would mind it for such a small piece.

Not a chance. If this is coming out next month, then its already been made and on its way to Sideshow from China.

It's not other buyers who are causing the disappointment and frustration, it's just Sideshow and their lack of consideration towards faithful collectors of the line. They deserved better than this.

I hate to say it to all the people who missed this but welcome to Spooktacular. Sideshow has been doing this for years and a lot of people have missed things they really wanted because of it. It may suck but you are not the first.

Sideshow got what they wanted, everyone is paying attention to Spooktacular now. They released a surprise item, likely at a loss, and now who can risk not paying attention???

I hate to say it to all the people who missed this but welcome to Spooktacular. Sideshow has been doing this for years and a lot of people have missed things they really wanted because of it. It may suck but you are not the first.

:lecture Yep, I've been there a few times.

Yeah, I know many have missed out during Spooktacular. So I'm sure I'm not the first in expressing their displeasure with not getting an item.

I do believe Sideshow is the main root of the problem, but when I hear a guy say he got one, and then put himself on the waitlist to grab another, i can't help but feel a little bit of malice towards that person.(this person was on another website entirely)

Yeah, I know many have missed out during Spooktacular. So I'm sure I'm not the first in expressing their displeasure with not getting an item.

I do believe Sideshow is the main root of the problem, but when I hear a guy say he got one, and then put himself on the waitlist to grab another, i can't help but feel a little bit of malice towards that person. :dunno

That's silly. Blame SS for allowing anyone to buy more than 1 if you want, but any customer who wants 2 has a right to them.

That's silly. Blame SS for allowing anyone to buy more than 1 if you want, but any customer who wants 2 has a right to them.

Silly? Okay, how many would someone have to buy of an item you wanted, before you felt a little ticked off by that? I'm guessing this item didn't have a limit, so if not someone could have bought ten if they felt the need. I guess I just never felt the need to buy multiples of a very rare item. Everyone's different I guess. :dunno

Silly? Okay, how many would someone have to buy of an item you wanted, before you felt a little ticked off by that? I'm guessing this item didn't have a limit, so if not someone could have bought ten if they felt the need. I guess I just never felt the need to buy multiples of a very rare item. Everyone's different I guess. :dunno

I haven't heard of anyone ordering more than 2, but they have a right to order as many as SS allows them.

i am not interested in this line, and i didnt get one too, i could have, and i feel sorry for those who really wanted one,
thats one reason why i always preferred TBD on Es , it gives a chance for someone who really wants one to keep and they should keep the es secret till the item comes in stock.
at least keep those away who are not interested in it till then , even better secret ES till they actually sell out
, so if it a low es both buyer and sideshow too win by selling it out

I haven't heard of anyone ordering more than 2, but they have a right to order as many as SS allows them.

I'll agree with you there, but like someone else on statueforum already said, I'm surprised Sideshow didn't limit this to one per customer. Don't they do that for exclusive items? How has it been for previous Spooktacular items? Has it always been you could buy more than one?

i am not interested in this line, and i didnt get one too, i could have, and i feel sorry for those who really wanted one,
thats one reason why i always preferred TBD on Es , it gives a chance for someone who really wants one to keep and they should keep the es secret till the item comes in stock.
at least keep those away who are not interested in it till then , even better secret ES till they actually sell out
, so if it a low es both buyer and sideshow too win by selling it out

I agree. I think it's better if every item has an open ES for at least a limited time. Making a small number, ignoring demand, is only good for flippers.

I bought when its up for order really liked it & nice price.... I love to collect Dinosuria Line but because of space issue I will be getting 3-4 of them my fav ones....btw this my 1st Dinosuria Maquette

Back