Dinosauria: Euoplocephalus maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I managed to get one to go with my T-Rex vs Triceratops. I wish I had more room to pursue the Dinosauria line. What I have of it strikes me as one of the more well done pieces in my collection. I'm a bit surprised it sold out so fast. I guess the price and LE was too much for people with only a mild interest to pass up.

The Dinosauria line has always been a bit overpriced IMO. I think this pieces pricepoint, ability to stand alone, limited edition and it's almost instock status has made it a perfect storm to Sideshow collectors. Heck, I just like ordering a Sideshow piece based on production pics instead of their "bait&switch" preorder pics.

The Dinosauria line has always been a bit overpriced IMO. I think this pieces pricepoint, ability to stand alone, limited edition and it's almost instock status has made it a perfect storm to Sideshow collectors. Heck, I just like ordering a Sideshow piece based on production pics instead of their "bait&switch" preorder pics.

Its the Sandy of Spook.

Are these production pics on the order page?

Glad I got one. I haven't been able to afford the last 3 pieces in this line so it will be nice to get another piece finally.

no the dinosauria line is on life support, i was pretty sure it's extinct but then ss released this egg.

True, but considering everything else that's sitting in their warehouse/in stock, makes it seem this line aint doing terribly.

IMO, maybe they should go back to the smaller more affordable pre historic creatures, like the tupuxuara?

I bought two early but his nose and mouth look like sad turtle

euoplocephalusmaquettes.png

That's Ankylosaurs for you..lol they have a lot of turtle about them. I thik this little guy/girl is quite cute.

I hope more becomes available. If it's gone, then this is the first piece from the line which I have failed to obtain.

Great to know that alot of us big prehistoric collectibles fans missed out, due to many wanting something cheap to represent Dinosaurs in their collection. This was really not what I was expecting, as a continuation to the Dinosauria line. If this was the last piece, then what a low blow from Sideshow. I have very little faith that my waitlist will convert for something so cheap, with such a small edition size. :mad:

Sorry to all my other fellow Dinosauria collectors who missed out on this as well. Funny that Dan, a distributor of Sideshow's pieces, not only Dinosauria, didn't even get one. :/

I hate hearing this guys..I just barely knew about it myself. It struck like lightning it seems. I tried asking Dan about it but finally my paranoia won out and I made my first order through Sideshow, looks like this time it was a good thing. I'm 100% sure these wil turning up on ebay in Nov/Dec just keep an eye out as I'm also sure the prices will climb shortly after.

From certain sources, this is not the last piece and there are more coming..but I can say nothing else.

@Dyscrasia and Jeremy: I feel with you guys, but i have it also not ordered.

I think the future of this line would be in maquettes/dioramas like this or a little bit larger, maybe like the carno or the t-rex for prices around
150 US$ and limited run of 500 pieces.

for all the guys who have ordered this little maquette only due to the limitation and the low price without interests on dinosaurs: Thanks!:gah::slap

I honestly think it would do well given how well received this piece was. They're small, cheap, and much easier to collect and display as a group. Just throw in a name plate like the Marvel LSB exclusives IDing each species and you're golden.

Me too. I'm surprised and disappointed that Sideshow didn't place the usual Exclusive restriction of 1 unit per customer. I think a few loyal Dinosauria collectors are going to feel aggrieved that no consideration was given to them at all on this one.

Damn straight. I've been faithfully purchasing these $200+ pieces since I became aware of the line with Proto vs Velo and yeah, I'm pretty pissed that I missed my shot in less than 24 hours just because I can only access the Internet during the week when I come into town for work... Thanks, Sideshow!

Yeah, I'm whining, but at least it's justifiable... I think I'll sell off my old pieces to purchase resin kits by Foulkes and Krentz to ship over to Martin Garratt in the UK... Screw this "Collector's market" crap...

Damn straight. I've been faithfully purchasing these $200+ pieces since I became aware of the line with Proto vs Velo and yeah, I'm pretty pissed that I missed my shot in less than 24 hours just because I can only access the Internet during the week when I come into town for work... Thanks, Sideshow!

Yeah, I'm whining, but at least it's justifiable... I think I'll sell off my old pieces to purchase resin kits by Foulkes and Krentz to ship over to Martin Garratt in the UK... Screw this "Collector's market" crap...

Geeeee, thats a lotta whine!:dunno:nana::nana::nana:

Back