Dinosauria - Ceratosaurus Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't get into this line until a year ago, but I distinctly remember seeing a huge price increase on the repaints of statues. Before they cleaned up the site and took away all the listings of the old statues, I'm pretty sure they were all significantly less expensive.

I wouldn't mind so much if the paint wasn't so ****ed up on so many of these. But whatever. I'll sleep on this and see if it's worth getting for that amount of money.

Surely take it and hopefully their factory not ruin this awesome piece.

Last edited:
I like it! And the black stone under the base disappear? That's good, because it's annoying.

I hope there will be another new herbivore dinosaur next year.

good catch! i wonder why? the price sure didn't decrease...

I guess they think they actually don't have to add the stone base, AND they also think the price should always look forward, never go back.
But I really love the base, the big wood and two little pterosaurs is a big progress, it's really much better than a boring muddy base with strong stone under it. And cutting the stone base also makes me feel that we're going back to the classic original way they used to be.

I think I'm going to buy this just to support the line in hopes of future releases. I don't know why, but I'm imagining that this statue will have a ridiculous amount of bad paint apps and QC issues. I guess that's how the other ones were.

The price kinda sucks, yeah, but I should have gotten used to that with the Trike. His price was just way too much. It wouldn't bother me so much if I weren't so tight on money right now, so this will be the first time I'm going to preorder and see if I can pay when it's in stock, no payment plans.

So... this just went up for pre-order. Haven't purchased or even seen any of the Dinosauria pieces in person. Just looking at the dimensions, they don't look like they'd be as impressive size wise as a lot of the premium format statues. How are they in person. Is the $350 price justified? Really like the look of the Triceratops as well. Went ahead and jumped on the waitlist a few days back to see if it might convert. Doubtful, but figured I'd give it a shot. I've always liked dinosaur's, have off and on collected fossils/minerals and think a few of these might look pretty cool in a spot of their own. Thanks for any insight you can provide!

Head sculpt looks ok, paint pattern is cool if SS can maintain it, but as always, Blanco's body sculpting lacks tension & detail in regards to muscle, veining, bones, & ribs. I own 6 statues from this line, but pricing has really become a huge problem. Tyrant King was the last purchase, & at this point don't know if another is in the works. The return of the mighty David Krentz to this line would surely change my mind.

Well damn..... I was somewhat hoping this would be one I could pass on and save some cash. Guess not, order is in! On the plus side I have until March 2016 before the payment cycle begins.

Its funny because every time they do a preview announcement with a single picture I think to myself, "its looks ok but maybe I'll pass this time". And then they show the entire set and I'm hooked. Never fails.

I like it! And the black stone under the base disappear? That's good, because it's annoying.

You're right! I totally missed that at first glance. That definitely makes it fit more with the Stego (also without black stone) which I believe is something they mentioned earlier.

Well damn..... I was somewhat hoping this would be one I could pass on and save some cash. Guess not, order is in! On the plus side I have until March 2016 before the payment cycle begins.

Its funny because every time they do a preview announcement with a single picture I think to myself, "its looks ok but maybe I'll pass this time". And then they show the entire set and I'm hooked. Never fails.

I thought the exact same thing, then saw the entire piece and thought, "Aw hell, I'm in," and pre-ordered it.

I think it looks great.

Yeah, I preordered. The fact that the longest payment plan doesn't start until March basically sealed it in for me. However, looking at that "tabletop view" did NOT help me justify the price. Jesus it looks so small.

I wonder if there is a exclusive version for this statue? I do not preorder until not sure if it's worth waiting for exclusive version or not. If I preorder now I have to pay $ 35 and if over 3 days appears exclusive versions? What I do ? If I cancel the regular version and I choose the exclusive version I lose $ 35 for nothing:(

I figure that I'm getting the pterosaurs as depicted in the prototype foto as the exclusive.

I'm also confused why there isn't an EX version. But if there is one, you can get your NFD and however much you've paid transferred over to the EX version by contacting them.

I obviously do not order every SS statue that comes along, but when do they not put up an exclusive at the same time as the regular? If the pterosaurs are in the picture of the one you are ordering, then you get them. That would be false advertising otherwise.

I obviously do not order every SS statue that comes along, but when do they not put up an exclusive at the same time as the regular? If the pterosaurs are in the picture of the one you are ordering, then you get them. That would be false advertising otherwise.

Exactly. Actually, I am very happy to see that the pterosaurs are basically included.

But it is kind of odd if this lacks an exclusive although the Tupuxuara and Mosasaur statues didn't have exclusives (but they are NOT dinosaurs).

I thought at least it would have a skull exclusive like the other dinosaur pieces.

Back