Dinosauria - Ceratosaurus Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the head looks like from tyrant king, only with horns.

Many early dinosaur artists thought so too, so it's often portrayed that way. You can see the skull shape in this and it is different. Though Ceratosaurs were relate to Tyrannosaurus so some similarity is warranted.

I also read in a reply from Jorge this piece is in scale with the Stegosaurus. So it should be about as big as the Rex.

If this thing turns out to be as big as the Rex I'll be pretty happy with it

is the Rex in scale with the Triceratops? Looked at the real sizes for the styrac, triceratops, and the stegosaurus and they seem to be close to in scale with each other.

is the Rex in scale with the Triceratops? Looked at the real sizes for the styrac, triceratops, and the stegosaurus and they seem to be close to in scale with each other.

The Rex and Trike were made in the scale to form a dio if collectors wanted.

The Styracosaurus is not in scale with the Triceratops being a bit smaller. The Stegosaurus is DEFINITELY not in scale with any of those others. If it were sized against them you would be looking at an animal with a 3' skull, I'm building a Stegosaurus now at the max length estimated and it's 30' long with a 28" skull. It doesn't sound like much but Stegosaurus has a small head for such a large body. Going up 8" more on the skull I think would give you a 40-45' animal.

My guess is the new Rex and Trike are 1:20/1:15 , the Styrac is 1:10? The Stegosaurus is probably about 1:12 I think.

Many early dinosaur artists thought so too, so it's often portrayed that way. You can see the skull shape in this and it is different. Though Ceratosaurs were relate to Tyrannosaurus so some similarity is warranted.

I also read in a reply from Jorge this piece is in scale with the Stegosaurus. So it should be about as big as the Rex.

Wow big as Stegosaurus, I originally thought this piece can only be in the same size with David Krenz's T-Rex. Where can we find the reply? From magazine? I'm very curious about how Jorge describes every of his work. :)
What's his idea and what makes his decision.

I asked him on FB and he replied with a " Yes my friend! ". So given this Ceratosaurus is the largest they've found to my knowledge, I'd guess it would be roughly the same size as the tyrant king piece. Even the size of Krentz's Rex would be close too. My thought if it were a standalone piece that it would the size of the Dilophosaurus or one of the Allosaurus from the Allo VS Camara dio.

This thing about scale is stupid for me... The cerato Sauris Big as t rex knowing it was Little more than the half piss me off... a shelf with 5 pieces each one in a differenti scale!

The dimension of carno was Good for a cerato...and They say:"Ceratosaurus Statue that will be a perfect addition next to the*Carnotaurus,*Stegosaurus, or*T-Rex"...what? I Can understand only the apatosaurus scale

The Apatosaurus if kept to the same scale as the others would be HUGE. I mean it would be around 3 times it's size and be a 1,000.00 . If you scaled the other dinos to the Apatosaurus current size they would all be pretty small. Something others wouldn't want. So it makes sense to me to make a good pleasing size regardless of scale.

You can manage the same scale display as 3 group, Apato can pair with Krentz T-Rex, Camara VS Allo, Spino, Deinosuchus VS Parasaurolophus and T-Rex VS Trike.

Tyrant King, Trike and Carnotaurus

Stego and the rest.

I think Ceratosaurus and Stegosaurus have 'a true story' like Velociraptor vs Protoceratops multi-million years ago, maybe they can be a pair together.
Maybe that's why Jorge Blanco wants both statues to be in the same size??~

Because I see this kind of image very often.

ceratosaurus-stegosaurus.jpg

Well, if it is almost as big as this year's T. rex, then I can understand.

On the other hand, I was really pissed off when I received the dilophosaurus pair as they were really small considering the hefty price tag.

Back