Difference between Hot Toys Batman Begins and OC Batman ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ymba

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Guys

THis might be a dumb Q but what is the biggest difference between HToys BB and the OC figure ?

I know the OC is the one everyone want and I see it now going for over $400 and the BB is not nearly worth as much..

Why is the OC worth so much more ? Is it because it is a much limite release ?

Thx

YMBA !

The Begins Bats has an inferior headsculpt and the utility belt does not have a peg to put the grappling gun on. Also, the Begins cape is longer and the suit is only half rubber as oppose to the full rubber version of the Dark Knight OC. The Begins costume has the rubber armor parts glued onto a jumpsuit type material which I'm guessing is similar to Triad Toys wetsuit material.

IMO, the OC figure will eventually deteriorate in a few years while the Begins version can last much longer since it's not made up entirely of rubber. I have a Takara Begins Bats(full rubber suit) and the rubber on that version has started to tear apart after much posing.

Last edited:
I think the headsculpt is the biggest difference. And really, that is a critical difference. But I should disclose that I've only seen pics of the Begins version, never in-hand.

Well I have two OC Batmans. One is brand new and the other was pre-owned. The pre-owned one seems to have no finish to it. As in its not shiney and when you touch it it has more friction to it I guess you can say. Looks like air and dust ate off the finish of the suit.

Just look and see for yourself. The one on the left is the pre-owned one.
DSC01064.jpg

what do you think will happen to it??? :sick

The rubber will start to crack and tear, especially when you pose the arms and keep them in position. It causes the rubber to bend and will eventually tear after awhile.

The Begins Bats has an inferior headsculpt and the utility belt does not have a peg to put the grappling gun on. Also, the Begins cape is longer and the suit is only half rubber as oppose to the full rubber version of the Dark Knight OC. The Begins costume has the rubber armor parts glued onto a jumpsuit type material which I'm guessing is similar to Triad Toys wetsuit material.

IMO, the OC figure will eventually deteriorate in a few years while the Begins version can last much longer since it's not made up entirely of rubber. I have a Takara Begins Bats(full rubber suit) and the rubber on that version has started to tear apart after much posing.

That's the first I heard that! :sick

That's the first I heard that! :sick

You can do several things to delay that from happening. Don't play with it too often, put it behind glass (Detolfs from IKEA are popular and that's what I bought), and keep it out of direct sunlight.

The Begins Batman was also one of Hot Toys' earliest Movie Masterpiece figures when they were just beginning to break into the Western market (it was released alongside the original SUPERMAN RETURNS figure). Like it was noted, it has an inferior headsculpt and is also made of subpar quality of material (rubber suit, cape, etc.) compared to now.

Hot Toys is MILES from what they originally were so the "TDK" version of the Begins suit is essentially a "re-do" for them and is the superior item. Kind of like the Dark Knight DX-02 Batman is a "re-do" of their original "Dark Knight Costume" Batman.

Also comparable is the Superman "2-in-1" which is a redo of the original limited edition 1200 run of the Superman Returns figure.

Except, is the 2-in-1 significantly better than the original Supes? I know the outfit is supposedly very slightly more accurate, etc. etc. But the only thing drastically better, IMO, is the paint job. Well, that and being able to have 2 figures in 1. Sculpt is better on V1, IMO. At least, more like Routh.

Off topic, I know.

The 2 n 1 Supes is drastically superior to the first Returns figure. Better looking sculpt, paint and the red undies look less like speedo's.

It is the best Superman figure. ever. period.

People make a big deal of the underwear, but I don't see it. In both cases, it is a guy wearing red undies over blue tights. It looks ridiculous on its surface no matter if it is slightly closer to speedos or whitey-tidy's, but this is Superman, so you just have to accept it. But beyond that, I really don't see the big difference between the two. Admittedly, I'm no underwear expert, but. . .

DSCN1794.jpg

No one can dispute that 2-in-1 has better paint apps. But sculpt? I think it is a toss-up. If you want Routh, though, V1 blows 2-in-1 completely out of the water. Just needs a good repaint. 2-in-1 looks like a good generic Supes, but actually looks nothing like any version of Superman I've seen elsewhere.

and keep it out of direct sunlight.

As well as a room with sunlight even though it's not directly on the figure.

Heat will dry it out in general especially if it's a room that gets a lot of sunlight from the sun rays.

You can do several things to delay that from happening. Don't play with it too often, put it behind glass (Detolfs from IKEA are popular and that's what I bought), and keep it out of direct sunlight.

That's the thing though, I remember everyone raving about how poseabiity of the Takara Bats and how it's a full rubber suit and all so I thought, "Great!! I can leave my Bats in a fighting pose along with some kitbashed League of Shadows ninjas as cannon fodder" Bad mistake on my past. The rubber under the arms and the back of the the suit started to tear away after a week when I checked it. After that, I keep all my rubber-suited figures in a standing static pose, hands down.

I've lost count the amount of people that keep telling me these are action figures and are meant to be played with. ¬_¬

If thats the case they wouldn't fall apart.

There's a huge difference between toy and collectible. Yet some seem to be so blindingly convinced these are toys.

Back