DiD Steve Jobs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Latest word is DiD has received a cease and desist from Apple Legal but is pushing on regardless. Good on 'em.

I'm an Apple fan but don't like how they throw their legal weight around.

DiD have been pushing the copyright envelope for years with their releases of 'Captain Millers', 'Hans', 'Colonel Stauffenberg' etc. Difference is this time they're not even hiding the fact that this is figure is supposed to be Steve Jobs, using his name, quotes and products to sell this figure. This is blatant copyright theft and I'd be surprised if the figure sees the light of day.

dude changed the world. no personal computer -> dave cant create this site -> we cant b-i-t-c-h about toys to strangers. it's idolizing sports athletes that i dont get.

if ford died today, you bet there will be a 1/6 of him tomorrow. both persons changed the world, so if you think a ford fig is worth doing, i dont see why a jobs fig is not. and i'm saying this as someone who doesnt own an ipad, ipod, or any apple product.

It's still absurd. I agree with the athletes thing as well. I think normal regular people should be idolized. People who we know who have made a great impact on our lives. Like a parent, sibling, or teacher. Someone who has guided and supported our beliefs and thoughts. Who pushed us through those difficult times. My role model is my mother. I could careless what Steve Jobs did.

DID should of called it B. Jobs and do slight alternation so not to be confused with Apple's founder. Also, the media attention might hurt DID in the long run.

It's still absurd. I agree with the athletes thing as well. I think normal regular people should be idolized. People who we know who have made a great impact on our lives. Like a parent, sibling, or teacher. Someone who has guided and supported our beliefs and thoughts. Who pushed us through those difficult times. My role model is my mother. I could careless what Steve Jobs did.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

anyone know a reputable seller i can preorder this from in the US? pretty sure sideshow will be staying far away from it due to all the legal problems.

anyone know a reputable seller i can preorder this from in the US? pretty sure sideshow will be staying far away from it due to all the legal problems.

As far as I know there's little or no US resellers taking pre-orders for this release. Just order direct from in icons website.

This article says Apple doesn't have the power to stop it. The difference between this one and the one that got blocked a couple of years ago must be that Jobs is now dead.

As I've said before, now he's not part of Apple anymore, nor is he one of Apple's products. He's a part of the Jobs family. Ball's in their hand, not in Apple's.

Henry Ford gave us a more useful product and we don't any action figures of him. :dunno

DID have made plenty variations of Nazis, i'm sure they will fit Ford into their catalogue soon enough.

Back