Did ones1customs leave us?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nope he has not left us i just received this from him and i'm blown away by this piece!!!!!!! here's a couple crappy cell pics i will post better pics later.
babyface_zpsaee80e2f.jpg
babyface1_zps941be0ce.jpg
babyface2_zpsb1e5264e.jpg
babyface3_zps5d2648ef.jpg

Last edited:
Hi One

Jason here from the UK.
Can you please contact me.
Have pm'd you here and ebay and still haven't heard anything.

The worst part of al this is there is nothing from stooping these customizers from just keeping all the outstanding cash and loging in with a new name!

I mean les figure master diver 4 Chaplin ect ect .... are probly still on here!

I have a friend who is an artist. When he isnt paid in advance--he works feverishly to get the project done so he will be paid. When he IS paid in advance--he puts the project off, because he already got paid and spent the money. So he works on projects he hasnt been paid for yet in order to keep cash flow rolling.

Sadly---I think a lot of artists do this. Not saying anyone on the forums is guilty of this---just giving a little insight on how some artists think.:peace

It's human nature to some extent, but seems to happen disproportionately to custom artists. I've heard of this happening with quite well known artists that work for major companies. . .

The 2 custom figures I ordered from 1 were already finished. This was before Christmas and still nothing. Haven't heard anything from him either. I've been completely screwed over. Any thoughts on what to do? Sent pm's to his ebay account and here but still nothing. If you read this 1, please make this right!
I don't deserve this kind of treatment.

Looks like he hasn't logged in since Feb. 1. If he hopes to participate in this forum in any meaningful way in the future, then he needs to make right by those who are still waiting on stuff.

One is my dawg weather he disappears or not. He is the brother that makes the best Myers then anyone no matter what people think. If you people notice not only One but alot of the good customizers out there also are slow at replying. Im not saying no names but One is not the only one to take forever in replying. There some here that i have been willing to spend big bucks in there work when its available and they tell me "Yes i will sell you one of my pieces" and then just disappear. So this happens with alot of the good *** customizers not only with one. I know once some of you freaks on here read this that ya will agree wit me.

I don't care who the artist is. If he leaves members in the lurch like he has Evilface, for over a year, without stuff he paid for, then that's a no-no and his behavior is unacceptable on this forum. Good on you that he apparently never treated you that way, though.

I don't care who the artist is. If he leaves members in the lurch like he has Evilface, for over a year, without stuff he paid for, then that's a no-no and his behavior is unacceptable on this forum. Good on you that he apparently never treated you that way, though.

I feEl you on that one. An issue like that has happened to me where i paid something and never got my item but i contacted PayPal and got a full refund. Thats what people got to do to not lose there money.

I feEl you on that one. An issue like that has happened to me where i paid something and never got my item but i contacted PayPal and got a full refund. Thats what people got to do to not lose there money.

You contacted PayPal which is fine, but one contacted me to say that he sent the figures to the wrong address and they came back to him. He asked for my address again but by the time that had happened I'm pretty sure the limit that PayPal covers you for was over. It makes me wonder whether they ever were sent in the first place. I'm pretty sure I'm totally screwed now.

Im glad I'm not a customizer. They live hellish lives.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I think it's more the fact of money management. Someone who has sculpting skills doesn't necessarily have business skills. I customize for fun and when I sell something, it's already made. However I have that luxury because this isn't my main source of income. It's a catch 22. They need the money to make the figures so they can sell them to get the money. So it becomes a viscous cycle. Sooner or later it catches up to them. I'm not saying this happens to everyone that sculpts for a living, but it's usually the cause of things going wrong when it does. It either comes down to lack of funds to complete the projects or bad time management as well.

I'm not judging One at this point or assuming that this is what happened to him. I said my peace a few pages back and I've moved on. However speaking about customizers in general, I think these are the biggest issues.

Didn't realise 1 hasn't been on here since beginning of Feb. Keep looking at the forum on my phone so it doesn't tell me. I hope he proves me wrong and makes me look like an idiot. Nothing would make me happier!

Didn't realise 1 hasn't been on here since beginning of Feb. Keep looking at the forum on my phone so it doesn't tell me. I hope he proves me wrong and makes me look like an idiot. Nothing would make me happier!

Many many eons ago, when I was a mere lad of 19---I ordered a resin model kit from a small "company"(a couple of brothers) which shall remain nameless. It was a kit of one of Vincent Price's characters. Not much had been done of Vinney at this point---so I paid immediately! Ready to get to work on this beauty!!

1 month, turned to 2, then 3, then 6, then 8. I stopped calling the guy. Because I called multiple times beforehand and got excuses about resin fumes being hazardous, about it being a part time gig, sick parents, pet dogs being hit by presidential motorcades, Cthulhu rising up from the ocean's depths and causing typhoon like conditions in their area, just anything to shut me up and string me along.

They lived 3 1/2 hours from me. I could've walked the distnace there and back twice in 8 months. They just wanted to keep my money and hope that I got tired and "wrote it off".

I was just going to do that very thing. "It takes money to go to college" after all. But then I made one last ditch effort. I left a message on their answering machine and basically threatened them. I told them I would call the magazine they ran their ads in ---and anyone else who would listen----and tell my story.

3 days after that call I got my kit via priority mail.

It was a decent kit for its time. But after the hell I went through to get it----I didnt want it in my collection. I traded it immediately.

A customizers work can be solid, even amazing. But if they refuse to maintain contact with you after you have paid them: drop them like a hot potato and let others know your story. When the money tap dries up, they may re-evaluate their customer service. Money talks.

This is the main reason I'm afraid to get into custom figures like these, That and I'm not into spending outragous amounts on a figure, I think what I spend on a hot toys figure is outragous enough as it is, but to then spend hundreds more than that, be left in the dark and have little recourse to get the product I payed for except to harrase a person by phone, e-mail and private message just don't appeil too me at all.

Theres certainly a few customs I would love to own for sure, a walking dead rick grimes is at the top of the list, but I would rather wait until it gets done by a regular company or I would even take a knock-off from dam toys or something than to go though the hassle custom figures seem to be to get.

Thats just my two cents on the matter.

Back