Did I really just buy a HT Mark III for $15? Bootleg or real?!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bmacattack

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey freaks! So I just found this figure at my local comic shop. It's in pretty good shape aside from missing A LOT. Comparing to pics online, it looks like the original hot toys mark III but there's no way they sold it for that cheap, even if it's missing everything. It has to be a bootleg... Right??? There's no Hot Toys logo but there are marvel copyrights in the feet.
7043658975d7260fbdc57146dbdbb391.jpg
c7cf015b82b578c174420aface739df4.jpg
15c343e2ec6b1bcf21a668ca0fa76eb2.jpg
8f2af0d65e7f9dc681cdef9f8a61d17a.jpg

I don't think there were bootlegs out there, congrats! And it doesn't suffer from the fading issues, even better!

It's real. Good buy. The thing with hot toys is most people do not buy loose figures, and even less loose incomplete. That's my guess why it was cheap, if they knew what it was. But it's worth the price just in parts. A few folks like me buy loose parts and bodies so you could probably triple your money easily. Maybe even more. I picked up a loose tumbler for 30 bucks a few years back that some guy listed online. He had it listed as one of those Mattel rc cars. I was going to mod it. But when it arrived I was shocked. It was full of scratches and a few parts snapped off but I just turned it into a bd version.

I'd say the vast majority of people, even those that collect and read comics and even some toys, do not know of hot toys.

Anyway...congrats and enjoy

Thanks guys! I'm still in shock! Haha no idea what I'm going to do with it. I never had any interest in this particular figure but I couldn't pass that price up! Here it is with my mark VII. Boy has HT come a long way since 2008!
f6f1fc5e585b64e280624fee8d4b2311.jpg
edit: forgot to take off the price sticker. Lol!

Ok guys, ill be the guy

********. I can get a $14.99 stick and put it on anything I own

edit: Cow****?
Haha! Good point. Scout's honor, I bought it for that price. My first pics were taken in the car right outside the shop where I bought it.

They probably thought it was some cheap action figure. That's hilarious.

Not surprising with that head sculpt. Looks nothing like RDJ. It's surprising this costs more in mint than a mint diecast MK III.

Not surprising with that head sculpt. Looks nothing like RDJ. It's surprising this costs more in mint than a mint diecast MK III.

A lot of things were actually executed really well on this figure, eg. the forearm cannon. The first main IM suit from the first movie. Granted, it's far from perfect, but that's gotta be worth something. Not to mention that the packaging was very classy.

This thing started a wave so big that we're still feeling its impact till this day.

Wow the value has really deflated. I remember when people were paying $600 for that.

Back