Diamond Select Toys 18" Talking Cloth Figures line: Darth Sidious

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a lame turn this discussion took.

I can form an opinion based on pictures. My opinion is the Hasbro sculpt looks way better and this Diamond Select figure looks worse than ass. It looks like p!tu's ass. :joy

What a lame turn this discussion took.

I can form an opinion based on pictures. My opinion is the Hasbro sculpt looks way better and this Diamond Select figure looks worse than ass. It looks like p!tu's ass. :joy

How would you know what p!tu's ass looks like? Actually, I don't want to know...:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I'd say disrupting an unrelated thread with an unreasonable slam at a product that is universally praised would be considered "Trolling" with a capitol "T".

Whats funny to me about this guy is even the Hasbro figure looks better overall than this.
review_sidious_3.jpg

Hey dont knock the Hasbro with an Oprah Makeover he's not that bad (I aint touched the photos btw):

palp03.jpg

palp02.jpg

palp01.jpg

Hey dont knock the Hasbro with an Oprah Makeover he's not that bad (I aint touched the photos btw):

Oh, I agree... I'm just talking about stock figures. I've seen a couple of repaints that make a huge difference. Sidious is there in the sculpt, and can be brought out.

Although for DST, I don't think Sidious is even in the same county :lol

I hope DST knows how much everyone hates what we see with these so far and doesn't take the sugarcoated write-ups on the major collecting sites as a sign that people actually like this stuff so far.

I hope DST knows how much everyone hates what we see with these so far and doesn't take the sugarcoated write-ups on the major collecting sites as a sign that people actually like this stuff so far.

Out of curiosity, what sugarcoated write up?

Out of curiosity, what sugarcoated write up?

From Rebelscum (bolded for emphasis by me):
NYCC08: Always 2 There Are...
Posted by Curto on April 19, 2008 at 12:25 AM CST:

I'm back from the first day of the New York Comic-Con, and while hunting down the various exclusives, I spotted another figure in the eagerly-anticipated 18" Talking Cloth Figures line. A few months back at Toy Fair, we saw 3 figures in this line (plus a fourth in the DST catalog), and they were quite impressive. This weekend at NYCC, a fifth figure was revealed...Darth Sidious! This figure is still in the very early protoype stages, and I'm told he will include different hands, including one that will allow him to hold his lightsaber. As always, stay tuned for more details....

:monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

I'd give it more of a breadcrumb coated... not super positive, but probably more positive than this line deserves.

Back