Diamond Select: HBO's Westworld

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was there ever a line of 1/6: figures, or a thread discussing a potential line?
Any links? Thanks!

The TRIO of figures I'd really most want to see would be;
Escaton, Armistice, & Maeve
And their parallel:"Paint It Black" alt-narrative-loop Shōgunworld analogues;
Musashi, Hanaryo, & Akane
I think would look fantastic side by side;

Escaton.... / ... Musashi
3enj0q.gif
3enifg.gif

Armistice... / ....Hanaryo
3enkma.gif
3enwz0.gif

Maeve... / ... Akane
3enqtq.gif
3enqxu.gif

3eno5q.gif
3eno6t.gif

EID-m6lWkAAlBUn

Why produce a western figure with gun holding hands and no removable gun to hold. :cuckoo:

The Man in Black, a western gunslinger with no gun. :lol

Another in-hand review confirms gun is molded in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ogQytpOm1E
Apparently Walgreens exclusive don't have accessories.

Why produce a western figure with gun holding hands and no removable gun to hold. :cuckoo:

The Man in Black, a western gunslinger with no gun. :lol

LOL! if the gun really doesn't come out of the holster, everyone involved in creating this Western line should be mocked, beyond shame and never allowed near a toy design again. LOL!
Otherwise these (espeially the Man in Black) look pretty good.

Another in-hand review confirms gun is molded in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ogQytpOm1E
Apparently Walgreens exclusive don't have accessories.

LOL! if the gun really doesn't come out of the holster, everyone involved in creating this Western line should be mocked, beyond shame and never allowed near a toy design again. LOL!

Could?ve been a request by the licensor or talent. Stranger things have happened

Could?ve been a request by the licensor or talent. Stranger things have happened

It is a licensor request, it sucks but the figures overall look good in person.
I've seen the whole wave at Walgreens and Ford looks a lot like Anthony Hopkins, The Man in Black looks somewhat like Ed Harris (I think it looks like him, but I can understand if you disagree), and both versions of Dolores have a good resemblance to Evan Rachel Wood. The paint could be a lot better but they're acceptable, I feel if these were better painted they would have a better resemblance.
I only bought the Walgreens exclusive Outlaw Dolores figure and I'm happy with her. Outlaw Dolores does actually come with an accessory btw, a second switch out head with non-removable hat and bandana.

I'll get the Man in Black as well, but I'll go for the regular version with all the extra hands, accessories, and he at least comes with a Bowie Knife.
There's also one more version of the Man In Black that has battle damage sculpting and blood splattering, you can pre-order it on Amazon right now. I don't like the paint job I see in promotional pictures so I'm not interested in this version.
Strange they'll do a blood spattered action figure with knife but no removable gun.

Last edited:
It's not Diamond just trying to save a buck, or just a tremendously clueless oversight on their part?

Could?ve been a request by the licensor or talent.
Requested?
What that you think so, would be the rational for that?

Not mine....
Outlaw Delores
EEEr8gmW4AABMo-

I only bought the Walgreens exclusive Outlaw Dolores figure and I'm happy with her. Outlaw Dolores does actually come with an accessory btw, a second switch out head with non-removable hat and bandana.

96ohyqj.jpg

BNVdWcv.jpg

I like the Outlaw version, I do wish the hat could be switched over to the unmasked head though.

AZ8KOYn.jpg

It's not Diamond just trying to save a buck, or just a tremendously clueless oversight on their part?

Requested?
What that you think so, would be the rational for that?

I think some actors are still a bit 'old school' and when they're told they're going to be an action figure, they think of a kid's toy, and they don't think their character is suitable for children, so they say 'no guns'.

I think some actors are still a bit 'old school' and when they're told they're going to be an action figure, they think of a kid's toy, and they don't think their character is suitable for children, so they say 'no guns'.
"No guns"?
The gun is there (and even a trigger finger hand), just not removable.
Also the same figure comes with and can hold a big knife, and the severed scalp it cut off, so odd line you are drawing.

Is this based on anything real, (Not talking about approving facial likeness), but where they did what you suggest. Do you know of any real example of a figure where an actor ever actually did this?

Thanks.

they don't think their character is suitable for children, so they say 'no guns'.

Could?ve been a request by the licensor or talent.

Just curious.

Ild be really tempted by. 1/6 man in black but these aren’t hitting the spot

The gun is there (and even a trigger finger hand), just not removable.
Also the same figure comes with and can hold a big knife, and the severed scalp it cut off, so odd line you are drawing.

Is this based on anything real, (Not talking about approving facial likeness), but where they did what you suggest. Do you know of any real example of a figure where an actor ever actually did this?

Thanks.

Just curious.

Diamond Select has released figures with guns, John Wick is the most recent. They wouldn't object to a action figure having a gun.
And when the subject comes up on Fwoosh, the DS rep never corrects people when others say "it's a requirement of the license". So, their silence on the subject speaks volumes. As far as actors requiring their action figures not to have guns, for years it was believed that Sigourney Weaver didn't want her action figures to have guns, more recently that has been challenged by numerous action figures of her that come with guns, although they're futuristic guns.

I'd have to guess that this situation is being caused by Ed Harris himself, he's said a few very anti-gun things, especially in relation to hollywood movies more recently. I've never heard anything similar from either Evan Rachel Wood, Anthony Hopkins, Jonathan Nolan, or JJ Abrams.

I'm absolutely baffled by the gun situation.

It makes ZERO sense unless it's just a product of the hypocrisy of the actors involved. They have no problem shooting dozens or hundreds of people on the show, glorifying gun violence every episode, but when it comes to an adult collectible they suddenly want to virtue signal about the gun epidemic in America?

Same goes for HBO....they're the ones pushing the ultra violence. But they refuse to acknowledge it toy form that everyone knows will never, ever be in any child's collection?

And as pointed out, kinves and scalping are perfectly OK, but brandishing a firearm in a show called WESTWORLD, about the gun slinging WILD WEST, is unacceptable?

This just baffles me.

I'd love to hear the actual, true reason, with no spin, no BS......who made this demand??

(Toys are utterly worthless without the ability to hold their guns. Can't imagine spending even a dollar for something that in my mind is defective. These toys had ONE job....ONE JOB! And they ruined it!!)

As far as actors requiring their action figures not to have guns, for years it was believed that Sigourney Weaver didn't want her action figures to have guns, more recently that has been challenged by
numerous action figures of her that come with guns, although they're futuristic guns.

That wasn't it.

She had previously said that she didn't want to be in any movies with guns. Hence why it was a big deal for her to be in Avatar, which had guns.

The action figure thing is separate in that she'd refused to participate in licensing for a very long time. Obviously her stance has changed.

That wasn't it.

She had previously said that she didn't want to be in any movies with guns. Hence why it was a big deal for her to be in Avatar, which had guns.

The action figure thing is separate in that she'd refused to participate in licensing for a very long time. Obviously her stance has changed.

It was a rumor going on back when HT released their Aliens Ripley, thinking that it wasn't licensed from the actress because of the guns, that was the rumor at the time.
There's no doubt that the Westworld figures can't pull their guns because someone didn't want them to.

I wished the Clementine figure looked more like Angela Sarafyan. I've like that girl since the Cingular commercial days.

If series two is anything like series one, they'll look a lot better in person. The series one prototypes look like completely different sculpts compared to what the look like in hand. Hopefully Clementine looks better because that woman is stunning.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I thought that actress was bizarre looking. Nowhere near what I would consider "stunning."

Back