Dexter Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Season 5 was a boring piece of crap!They never finished the ____ty storyline with the hispanic brothers.Never bothered to check the neighbors house when Dexter was killing one of the rapist.The footprints were just ignored.All the files that Peter Weller's character had were just blown off.The car Dexter crashed had his blood in it,but nobody ever bothered to look for it.I could go on and on!

Season 5 was a boring piece of crap!They never finished the ____ty storyline with the hispanic brothers.Never bothered to check the neighbors house when Dexter was killing one of the rapist.The footprints were just ignored.All the files that Peter Weller's character had were just blown off.The car Dexter crashed had his blood in it,but nobody ever bothered to look for it.I could go on and on!

There are plenty of "realistic" CSI shows out there...those details are not why I watch Dexter. Season 5 was damn good television, not the best season of Dexter, but still better than most of the ____ that gets put out.

Half way through season 5. So far it's balls. I appreciate they've gone in with a new angle after knowing they couldn't top season 4 but I'm not digging the ridiculous situations and Julia Stiles's character is poor. The humour seems too forced and Debra is a ____ing idiot in this series.

The Season 6 trailer has Deb as Lt. Morgan now, I found that interesting. I just hope either she is still with Quinn or she is single the whole damn season. I am so sick of her love life already.

And I'm hoping they promoted her to Lt. to eventually write Laguerta off the show. Her and Angel is a boring needless storyline IMO.

I'am sick of everything on this show!
Dexter had a great potential for being a super drama tv show!
Now, dexter is just a superhero who have to kill a super bad serial killer at the end of every season!
This season 6 would be maybe interesting if debra found out his secret at the end of the season 5! but the writers doesn't have the balls!
Michael C hall don't deserve the writers that he has!

I don't know how many of you have read the books but there is so much potential in them to use certain characters.

I would love for a season that includes Dr. Danko and Kyle Chutsky and having Debs finding out all about Dex.

On another not i cannot wait till October, new series of Dexter and the new book! :)

I liked the first book (perhaps because season 1 follows it pretty closely) but the other books very terrible soap operas, imo.

Loved season 5. Bring on season 6. :rock

I liked all the books. But I read the books first and then went to the show so perhaps that is why :dunno

I actually think book Dexter is better than show Dexter. They do a good job getting into his head with the narration, but since the book is written from his POV you get an even better sense of him.

I for one didn't like the answer the show gave about the books at SDCC this year. They said they bought the rights to the first book and refuse to even read the others. And it was said rather rudely too like the books are just crap but thanks for the killer idea for a TV show.

I for one didn't like the answer the show gave about the books at SDCC this year. They said they bought the rights to the first book and refuse to even read the others. And it was said rather rudely too like the books are just crap but thanks for the killer idea for a TV show.

:exactly::dunno

I think or hope S6 will be fantastic! Whilst I can't agree that S5 was terrible it certainly wasn't as good as 1-4 and I am sure the writers are well aware they dropped the ball on S5 :dunno

I think they will turn it round for S6 :pray:

I saw it as not wanting to let ideas from the books leak into the show, either from an integrity standpoint, or even from a legal one.

With the books, I think Lindsay has some incredible ideas when it comes to characters and plots, but I think he just isn't a very good writer. Not just technically, but often his action scenes get ridiculously muddled. I remember having to re-read the chapter that had book 4's climax in it, because it was just poorly executed.

One thing I've disliked about the more recent books is too often Dexter has appeared clueless or hapless.

But this isn't one of those Star Wars OT vs PT things, I vastly prefer the show but am still glad the books are being written. They're toilet or vacation reads, but still entertaining.

I think or hope S6 will be fantastic! Whilst I can't agree that S5 was terrible it certainly wasn't as good as 1-4 and I am sure the writers are well aware they dropped the ball on S5 :dunno

I think they will turn it round for S6 :pray:

Don't you mean 1-2 and 4? :lol S3 was pretty bad too.

I still think S5 was hindered by 4's excellence, and suffered by comparison. In terms of intrigue and depravity, I would put the the Group up there, just slightly below Trinity and ITK for best villains.

Back