Dexter Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome to have the show back. The opener was ok. I'm not sure how I feel about all the religious things going on. If the whole season is like that IMO it could possibly be boring.

I liked it. I hope it'll still be character based.

I like the cult things they're setting up. And i'm OK with religion, as long as it's not in your face.

IM like DEX , i didn't grow up going to church or ever having any type of religion . It was never taught to me . I won't judge the whole season on EP 1

The writing right off the bat you can tell is lacking, not very good dialogue and dumbed down...

Some good, some bad...you can't judge a season by one episode, just enjoy the ride and hope at the end we get our adventures worth.

SPOILER ALERT -- stop reading here if havent seen the 1st episode

1. I could do without the 'Hammer time' line when he's going to slaughter the victim at the reunion. It's corny, not what Dexter is about and very Hollywood, just nothing I dig and not in Dexter's persona.

2. The whole Deb/Quinn thing looks like something right out of HBO's 'Entourage.' Geez, "did you buy a big screen...," "I need to talk to you at dinner...," while at the crime scene, and the whole bathroom, I'm going to propose, let me practice in front of the mirror schtick was just typical sitcom, typical TV drama, writing...

3. LOVE the creepiness of the new characters Olmos & Hanks. They look like a bunch of ghouls and the snake angle, the ritual being placed out there looks like it going to be fun...

4. Anyone else got ****** chills during the Dexter dance scene? Ughhhh...

5. Batista/Sister..."you're like dad...," scene....Ughhhhhhh!

I thought it was a really good opener. Obviously, religion is going to play a big part in the entire season. I think it takes things in a new direction for Dexter.

I also think Edward James Olmos and Colin Hanks make an interesting pairing. I can't wait to see how that develops.

And was the blonde intern the Flash (or whatever she was called) from Heroes?

Awesome to have the show back. The opener was ok. I'm not sure how I feel about all the religious things going on. If the whole season is like that IMO it could possibly be boring.

That planted the religion seed in the opener because it will play a big part in Dexter's struggles with Mos Def's character.

I thought it was a really good opener. Obviously, religion is going to play a big part in the entire season. I think it takes things in a new direction for Dexter.

I also think Edward James Olmos and Colin Hanks make an interesting pairing. I can't wait to see how that develops.

And was the blonde intern the Flash (or whatever she was called) from Heroes?

Sure was the same girl, Brea Grant.

I loved the first episode. I think it had a perfect blend of humor ("Stop talking Dexter.") and creepiness. I am so happy Laguerta and Batista are done. I'm actually OK with the Deb/Quinn story (and I hate all Deb love crap). I like Quinn's character and it could be interesting to see Quinn and Dexter interact because Quinn is the only living person who "knows" Dexter killed someone, (Stan Liddy/Peter Weller).

Angel and his sister at dinner has me believing there could be an interest in Dexter's Nights soon. Jamie telling Angel how Dexter disappears on his boat at night might soon cause some suspicion. COULD get interesting.

Dexter himself seems to be more vicious and enjoying his craft, which is awesome. Going to his high school reunion just to target someone is great. He was almost Ice Truck Killer excited over the poor bastard who had his belly stuffed with snakes.

I think Colin Hanks and Olmos are sort of killing people that Dexter himself would target, murderers or criminals. If so, would doing that make them Dexter's targets? Especially if they're killing because of a "higher cause". I think Dex may just leave them alone.

I despise religion and seeing it for an entire season can be OK depending on where they go with it. So far it seems to be a joke topic like when Batista was explaining god, when Dex was saying he has no religion, when Dex was asking about the Jesus tattoo.

Great to be able to gawk at Brea Grant all season too. That's my type of chick.

(Also noticed he wears the same pants, watch, Kill Tools (but added the hook knife from season 5), and laminate ID badge, so my props are current still LOL).

OK opener. I dunno, part of me feels like Dexter has run it's course. The first two seasons and season four were fantastic, and seasons three and five were okay. Maybe it's time for a change of scenery for Dexter to keep the show fresh? Move him out of Miami.

Wasn't Angel and La Guerta still together at the end of last season?

So the writers did the whole divorce thing "off camera"? I understand it was a plot device, but it seemed awkwardly done to me.

The first episode of the season seems to never be able to meet peoples expectations, maybe it's because it's such a looooooooooooooong wait between seasons or perhaps people just expect it to start out nonstop action (which the show never really does). Either way, it looks like next week should be very eventful.

A few things from my POV - I got the feeling that they are borrowing some from the 3rd book with the voodoo/santeria/ritual theme. I just hope they do a much better job than the third book though cause I hated it - I do think it can be worked into an entertaining concept though. I really liked the "Hammertime" stuff at the HS reuinion, now that reminded me of Dexter from the first 2 books (which I liked alot) where he is rather sarcastic, patronizing and condesending towards most human "rituals" and behaviors. I also liked how his face lit up over the ritual killing, very much reminded me of his admiration for the Ice Truck killer.

Last but not least, the "religion' angle...I know people like to get worked-up about it on both sides but I think it's a great angle for Dexter. Anybody see the Season preview? Dexter with the blood-splatter wings, the "Avenging Angel"? to the tune of "Personal Jesus" by Depeche Mode? LOL! I think it's way too early to tell where it is going, perhaps Dexter "finds God" or perhaps he finds something from within? Perhaps "Avenging Angel" means Batista is sacrificed by the ritual killers and Dexter seeks revenge? The show loves to do things like that, i say we just gotta be patient - it'll start to really pick up before you know it.

Back