Dexter Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprised no one's mentioned the (official) season premier yet.

What a great way to open the season! Naked John Lithgow is very scary. And it looks like baby Harrison is going to take a toll on Dex.

Loved the alternate morning routine. :lol

I finially watched the little Coming Soon featurette at the end of the episode and this season looks GREAT. A buddy and I were trying to think for the reason of Dexter and Lithgow meeting. Perhaps he's a type of marriage counselor because he and Rita are having problems.......????

Loved the premiere from start to finish. It actually washed away some of the bad taste that the Cleveland Show left in my mouth.

Was anyone else a little upset with Rita? I mean, the baby's a few months old now and Dexter's still working full-time but he's the one responsible for getting up at night when the baby cries? And on the one night he can potentially catch up on his sleep, she decides it's time to get kinky. I kinda wish ol' Dexter would grow a pair instead of bending to her every wish.

Loved the premiere from start to finish. It actually washed away some of the bad taste that the Cleveland Show left in my mouth.

Was anyone else a little upset with Rita? I mean, the baby's a few months old now and Dexter's still working full-time but he's the one responsible for getting up at night when the baby cries? And on the one night he can potentially catch up on his sleep, she decides it's time to get kinky. I kinda wish ol' Dexter would grow a pair instead of bending to her every wish.

I thought the same thing. But Dexter is trying to live the simple life but it's his dark passenger that messes everything up. He could have been sleeping when he was out stalking the killer at the bar. So it's not all Rita's fault. She stays home during the day with the baby while Dexter is at work or on call since he works in homicide.

Lithgow is creepy and he is going to get creepier. I think baby Dexter is going to get to kill Lithgow in the end.
I am ready for them to grow baby Dexter up all ready and let's get this started.

anybody else get the strange feeling that Lundy is going to die this season?

I thought the second episode of season 4 was brilliant.
The whole part about Dexter trying to remember what he did with Benny Gomez was Dexter at it's finest.
In fact everything apart from maybe the Batista, LaGuerta story is on top form.
It also looks like Quinn's story from season 3 will continue as he is showing signs of how he funds his lifestyle, and that he's not as clean cut as he makes out
Great episode to what looks to be another awesome season

The whole part about Dexter trying to remember what he did with Benny Gomez was Dexter at it's finest.
It also looks like Quinn's story from season 3 will continue as he is showing signs of how he funds his lifestyle, and that he's not as clean cut as he makes out

I can agree with that. I thought the Batista/LaGuerta fling was stupid from the moment I saw it. I really hope they don't stretch it out any further.

Agree with all that it's one of the best shows on tv i'm loving it and can't wait for next week. :rock

It's definitely in the top three of shows that I currently watch. My only gripe against the show is his sister Deb. I seriously cannot stand the character and wish she'd be written out of the show at some point.

And while Lundy is definitely a potential future victim of the Trinity Killer, I'm also starting to suspect that Dexter will have to deal with Quinn at some point or another.

It's definitely in the top three of shows that I currently watch. My only gripe against the show is his sister Deb. I seriously cannot stand the character and wish she'd be written out of the show at some point.

My brother is the same he hates her with a passion! :lol

She's just so inconsistent. She's supposed to be a police officer, and good enough to make Detective, and yet she acts like a 13-year old girl where men are concerned. All the drama that surrounds that character comes as a result of her own immature actions.

She's just so inconsistent. She's supposed to be a police officer, and good enough to make Detective, and yet she acts like a 13-year old girl where men are concerned. All the drama that surrounds that character comes as a result of her own immature actions.

Fully agree and all the swearing gets on my nerves i don't mind a bit but she says F*^* every other word. :rolleyes:

I can agree with that. I thought the Batista/LaGuerta fling was stupid from the moment I saw it. I really hope they don't stretch it out any further.

I kind of like the romance between the Lt. and Angel. Not sure if the writers had planned on doing this earlier in the series, but if you go back and watch the earlier seasons, you can see that both LaGuerta and Batista have a good rapport. Maybe it's the common Latino background (I can't remember, was ever mentioned that Angel is of Cuban heritage, too?). Maria has always used the the proper Spanish pronuciation whenever she's addressed Angel by his first name.

And while Lundy is definitely a potential future victim of the Trinity Killer, I'm also starting to suspect that Dexter will have to deal with Quinn at some point or another.

I like Deb's character. I like that she's foul-mouthed and brash, but I think it's a front to hide her insecurities. She also has some daddy issues as well; Harry was always there, but he spent more time with Dexter.

One of the reasons that I like the series so much is because all of the secondary characters are fleshed out and written so well.

And yes, I also think Lundy dies this season, if only because it's a tidy way to deal with his character. Remember, he was the FBI's best serial killer profiler, and at the end of season 2, he still wasn't convinced that Dokes was the Bay Harbor Butcher. I think he'll find out at the of this season some how that Dexter was/is the Bay Harbor Butcher (though of course Dexter wouldn't refer to himself as such), but die before he can tell anyone...or he'll carry the secret to the grave because he'll realize what Dexter is doing is the lesser of two evils.

Dexter is definitely one of the best shows out there. Somewhat off topic, but almost all the Showtime series are fantastic and must sees for me: Dexter, Weeds, Nurse Jackie, The United States of Tera. The first season of Californication was well-written and funny as well, but I haven't had a chance to watch any other seasons after that.

So you're pretty much saying that she's a woman........

Back