Dexter Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent first episode! Loved the play on the opening credits :D And what a cliffhanger... I'm guessing he cleared the boot before hand, otherwise the ^^^^'s really gonna hit the fan...

Yeah, this season is looking to be good. I'm hoping it's better than last season!

We are all bad little children downloading it from torretnt sites...

I can post a link if you'd like, but I'm guessing you wouldn't :D

Yeah, this season is looking to be good. I'm hoping it's better than last season!

Not liking season 3, makes Miguel Prado angry
Miguel_Prado.jpg

It'll be cool if Jimmy Smits wins an Emmy next week. He certainly deserves it for his performance.

I liked season 3 ALOT and yes Jimmy should get an emmy. I still don't know if I like season 1 or 2 more, they were both great. This show has been VERY consistant.:rock

You really didn't like last season?

I'll just copy & paste my previous thoughts on Season 3.....

I do think this season definitely lacked some of the charm and polish of the other 2 seasons. The music was so epic during the other seasons, especially in Season 1. The music ALWAYS set the mood, it was more of an afterthought this season. The voiceovers weren't as "mood setting" as before either, there seemed to be alot of one-liners for the most part. The best parts of this season to me were the scenes with Dexter & Harry though, those were the best of all the seasons to me. (it was cool how they ditched the flashbacks for this season)

I think they resolved Dexter vs The Skinner way too quickly, it had shades of greatness but it wasn't given enough time. I also think there was some build-up to things with not enough payoff. The whole Yuki and Quinn thing was given alot of attention and then just dropped. The idea of Dexter abandoning the code was another idea that never went anywhere. They never really dealt with the fact that Dexter killed outside the code one minute & followed the code perfectly the rest of the season. Also, Miguel should've definitely suspected Dexter as the Bay Harbor Butcher, that should've been explored in some way. I figured for sure Miguel would threaten to go to LaGuerta to turn her against Dexter & clear Doakes, it seemed like the perfect set-up for that.

Who knows... Maybe next season there will be some closure to alot of these things.

Add in the fact that it is very important to maintain the Dexter/Deb relationship, it's essential to the story. Season 3 didn't do a very good job of reminding the audience about the importance of that part of the story.

I'm just saying, it didn't live up to the previous 2 seasons. Seasons 1 & 2 had dramatic endings that left fans in awe & begging for more. They wrapped season 3 up so fast and final that it seemed more like a series finale than a season finale. You got the feeling the whole show was done.

as for Dexter Season 4 episode 1 "Living The Dream"....

Forget torrent sites, if you just type what I wrote above in google, the first result will take you right to it.

https://www.watch-dexter-streaming.com/2009/08/dexter-season-4-episode-1-living-dream.html

You don't have to download it, you can stream it there. (Mods please delete the link if it is not allowed).

I wasn't really pumped for Season 4 until I saw that Lithgow was playing a killer. In Episode 1 or Season 4, he did not disappoint! Can't wait to see what happens next.

Not liking season 3, makes Miguel Prado angry

dexterjsmits.jpg

He doesn't seem to mind too much.

Last edited:
Oh, okay - I thought it was a legit download from Showtime or something. Reminder- spoilers for episodes that have not aired through legit means are not allowed in this thread.

And Season 3 was great! Miguel was a much better foil for Dexter than the Brit chick.

I don't want to hear a thing about season 4 until after I watch the first episode in glorious HD on the 27th.

I didn't particularly care much for S.2 the drama with Lila played out far too long.

Glad he off'd her! :gun

Back