Dexter Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haters gonna hate.

8909069_orig.gif

Hanks was fine but it was better when Olmos was the apparent killer. He was great in it and I wish he was the real killer.

But would you have really bought Gellar turning up outside his sister's house and preschool, breaking into his safehouse and writing messages on the wall with blood had he not been a figment of Travis' imagination?

well see they could have written those scenes differently,
I was wishing so bad that Gellar was real, after he left, it just felt weird,

I think I buy more gellar turning outside the house and preschool than I buy Hanks being the only mastermind and killer in the season, I don't know, Is harder for me to see Travis as the only one the whole time

well see they could have written those scenes differently,
I was wishing so bad that Gellar was real, after he left, it just felt weird,

Yeh, a bit of re-writing would've helped, it wouldn't have been hard to have Gellar be the antagonist. But a bit of tighter writing could have made the Travis-Gellar thing work really well also I reckon. I think S6 suffered from a bit of sloppy writing all round. The tighter aspects were for me the relationship between Batista and Quinn, and Brother Sam and Dexter (in spite of culminating in the ridiculous road trip). The finale gave me some sense that the next couple of seasons could be really interesting though, so I didn't feel ripped off by this season like I did S3.

Yeah it did. And the whole roadtrip episode proves that. It had nothing to do with this season's plot. They just threw it in there to throw it in there. It would have been of better use last season with the Trinity wrap up. In this season it just felt so out of place. Oddly enough, that was one of the best episdoes of the entire season though. But still out of place.

I imagine that it will impact the next season though since Deb knows he was there. Remember that was his sloppiest kill and he didn't follow the rules - so it's probably going to bite him in the ass. I believe they were planting lots of things to follow up with in subsequent seasons (like the video game intern) and so it may look unrelated but isn't. And the showrunner saying he hasn't a clue what it's about - I wouldn't take that completely at face value.

I'm not sure why all the hate for this season - sure Hanks is no Lithgow, but I enjoyed the show and it did keep me interested.

is funny how season 2 they had Dexter Imagining how would Debra react to the news of Dexter's Truth

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqcomQsNQmE&feature=related[/ame]

I don't have a problem with them throwing things in that carry over to next season. They sort of been doing that. Paul's Shoe carried over, Doakes tailing Dexter too. I guess you can count Harrison as "carrying over" from season 3 to 4. :lol

My take on how they'll handle the cliff hanger: Deb will just think Dexter was getting revenge for Travis kidnapping/trying to kill his son (she'll remember the altar on the rooftop) and Deb will help Dex cover up the murder. I don't think she'll find out that he's a serial killer or anything like that. Just a guess based on the amount of cliff hanger reveals for episodes the show has done that turned out to be completely misleading. :lol

With how they've been taking some ideas from the book I kinda have an inkling as to where this might lead. I still find the "love" Debra has for Dex a tad too creepy.

My take on how they'll handle the cliff hanger: Deb will just think Dexter was getting revenge for Travis kidnapping/trying to kill his son (she'll remember the altar on the rooftop) and Deb will help Dex cover up the murder. I don't think she'll find out that he's a serial killer or anything like that. Just a guess based on the amount of cliff hanger reveals for episodes the show has done that turned out to be completely misleading. :lol

I hope she does find out! The Kill was ritualistic. Plus, she may even remember his Kill Tools from season 2, when Dexter framed Doakes by dumping his Kill Tools where the diving class would find them. Also, Valerie Castillo (from season 1) had a cut on her cheek that Deb thought to be a trophy. (When the Ice Truck Killer dove and put her body back).

The writers better not screw this up.

Not to mention all the plastic, dead giveaway that he's the Bay Harbor Butcher. But like I said, the writers seem to always find a way to dangle something "big" at the end of an episode to have it revealed to be actually nothing come the next. :lol

Not to mention all the plastic, dead giveaway that he's the Bay Harbor Butcher. But like I said, the writers seem to always find a way to dangle something "big" at the end of an episode to have it revealed to be actually nothing come the next. :lol

Like the bag over the head and thrown into the trunk for Dexter's bachelor party? :lol

Yeh, a bit of re-writing would've helped, it wouldn't have been hard to have Gellar be the antagonist. But a bit of tighter writing could have made the Travis-Gellar thing work really well also I reckon. I think S6 suffered from a bit of sloppy writing all round. The tighter aspects were for me the relationship between Batista and Quinn, and Brother Sam and Dexter (in spite of culminating in the ridiculous road trip). The finale gave me some sense that the next couple of seasons could be really interesting though, so I didn't feel ripped off by this season like I did S3.

For me, pinning my dislike for the season all on Hanks would be ridiculous. There was too much else going on I didn't like to blame only Hanks. I do think he was a really bad fit for the role, mostly the latter episodes' "evil Travis". Had Hanks been replaced by a more capable actor, the show would have improved to a season I was disappointed by, but not completely bad.

I don't have a problem with them throwing things in that carry over to next season. They sort of been doing that. Paul's Shoe carried over, Doakes tailing Dexter too. I guess you can count Harrison as "carrying over" from season 3 to 4. :lol

My only real issue with this is that they clearly are just putting stuff in, and seeing what they can do with it and how to carry it over. Like Buck saying they didn't know what they were doing with Louis - they're just throwing stuff against the wall, and seeing what sticks for next season. Things like Paul's shoe were clearly put in with a purpose that had already been mapped out.

That could have work except that Deb didn't know that Harrison was kidnapped.

Dexter Could easily say he was copying the Style of the Bay Harbor Butcher,
or that he was inspired, or something, I mean, Travis did Mess with his family, (his baby) Plus with Trinity killing Rita, I can't see Deb getting Too mad about Dexter taking this life

I don't know, Im starting to think is better if they don't make a big deal out of Deb finding out because if they try to come up with something big it might fall short and disappoint everyone.... again.

but Im thinking if Deb and Dexter talk about it couple of first episodes and then not really make a big deal
because Im afraid they might try to do something big and do it wrong

How can it not be a big deal to Deb, she's a cop and Dexter's boss and she's seen him kill a man with her own eyes. Dexter was far to prepared to make it look like it was his first kill, he'd set up the whole room as he usually does. Deb won't automatically think he's the bay harbour butcher, but she's surely going to ponder over what she's seen and come to her own conclusions.

The fact that she's just realized her true feelings for Dexter and discovered him to be a killer, its going to mess her up. If she does find out he's a serial killer, shes going to go crazy, seeing as that will be the second one shes fallen for.

I hope she does find out! The Kill was ritualistic. Plus, she may even remember his Kill Tools from season 2, when Dexter framed Doakes by dumping his Kill Tools where the diving class would find them. Also, Valerie Castillo (from season 1) had a cut on her cheek that Deb thought to be a trophy. (When the Ice Truck Killer dove and put her body back).

The writers better not screw this up.

as far as i know, next season opening scene could be Deb taking a step forward towards dexter and some thing hard hitting on her head, makiing her unconsious and when she awakens, yeah u guessed it, amnesia..:nana:

Back