Dexter Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah.. blood related means just that. It goes beyond "mentally". Being raised as brother and sister is irrelevant. It's like saying someone who was raised as a Christian since birth can't suddenly decide as an adult that hey, maybe they don't wanna be that. It's a choice. Deb and Dexter have the same choice available to them. When you're blood related you have no choice. Deb and Dexter could have kids and they could legally get married. Blood related siblings don't have that choice. They can't legally get married and (because of genes) blood related siblings have a whole ____load of complications regarding offspring.

So no, it's not the same thing.

I wasn't referring to the legality of it, nor did I say it was the same thing. I was referring to it being gross.

Dexter's List Of Kills

Name Reason for Being Targeted Method of Kill Kills Episode Slide number
Mike Donovan Raped and killed three boys Throat cut 3 1.01 39
Jamie Jaworski Murdered Jane Saunders in a snuff film Beheaded 1 1.01 40
Matt Chambers Murdered multiple people in hit and runs Stabbed in the chest 2 1.02 41
Jorge Castillo Human trafficker who murdered clients that didn't pay Throat cut >4 1.05 42
Valerie Castillo Human trafficker who murdered clients that didn't pay Throat cut >4 1.05 43
Emmett Meridian Manipulated three women into killing themselves Throat cut 3 1.08 44
Brian Moser Murdered several people, and targeted Debra Morgan Throat slit >15-20? 1.12 -
Little Chino Gang enforcer and murderer Stabbed in the chest 13 2.02 45
Roger Hicks Raped and murdered two women Stabbed in the chest 2 2.03 46
Ken Olson Supposed vigilante Beheaded 2 2.06 -
Santos Jimenez Murdered Dexter's mother and three others Dismembered with a chainsaw 4 2.08 47 ("Lost")
Jose Garza Murderer and drug trafficker Neck sawed out 1 2.10 -
Esteban Famosa Self defense Neck snapped ? 2.11 -
Teo Famosa Self defense Shot in the head ? 2.11 -
Lila West Murdered her boyfriend and James Doakes in arsons Stabbed in the chest 2 2.12 -
4 Unknown Victims Presumably all murderers Various ways ? Between Seasons 1-4
Carnival Worker Unknown; Presumably a murderer Beheaded ? 3.01 5
Oscar Prado Self defense Stabbed in the chest - 3.01 -
Fred Bowman Murdered two college girls Stabbed in the neck 2 3.02 6
Nathan Marten Pedophile targeting Astor Strangled - 3.03 -
Ethan Turner Murdered his wives Stabbed in the chest 2 3.05 7
Clemson Galt Neo-nazi murderer Stabbed in the chest >1 3.06 8
Camilla Figg Mercy killing at her request Poisoned - 3.07 -
Miguel Prado Killed Ellen Wolf and targeted LaGuerta Strangled 2 3.11 -
Jorge Orozco Self defense Neck snapped >3 3.12 -
12 Unknown Victims Presumably all murderers Various ways ? Between Seasons 9-20
Benito Gomez Beat two people to death Stabbed in the chest 2 4.01 21
Zoey Kruger Murdered her family and the thug she pinned it on Stabbed in the chest 2-3 4.04 22
Jonathan Farrow Supposedly murdered several women Beheaded - 4.07 23 (Broken)
Stan Beaudry Murdered a prostitute Throat cut 1 4.11 23
Arthur Mitchell Prolific killer for over thirty years Head smashed with a hammer >120 4.12 24
Rankin Grief killing after Rita's death Beaten to death - 5.01 -
Boyd Fowler Serial rapist and murderer Stabbed in the chest 12 5.03 25
Dan Mendell Serial rapist and murderer Neck snapped 12 5.06 -
Lance Robinson Murdered four homosexual men Strangled 4 5.06 -
Cole Harmon Serial rapist and murderer Stabbed in the chest 12 5.08 1 (Lumen's)
Stan Liddy Self defense. Stabbed in the chest - 5.11 -
13 Unknown Victims Presumably all murderers Various ways ? Between Seasons 26-38
Ben Killed patients for their organs Heart stopped ? 6.01 39
Roger Killed patients for their organs Heart stopped ? 6.01 40
Joe Walker Killed his wife Skull crushed; Stabbed in the chest 1 6.01 41
Julio Benes Murdered a man Throat slit >1 6.02 42
Walter Kenney Prolific serial killer in the 80's Suffocated 16 6.03 43
Nick Killed Brother Sam Drowned 1 6.06 ?
Norm Held a gun on Dexter Stabbed with a pitchfork - 6.07 -
Steve Dorsey Thought he was Travis Stabbed in the stomach 1 6.10 -
Beth Dorsey Was going to set off Wormwood Locked in a room with poison gas 1 6.11 -
Alberto Held Dexter and several others at gunpoint Stabbed with a harpoon ? 6.12 -
Travis Marshall Religious serial killer Stabbed in the chest 12 6.12 ?

it looks like they wanted to finally let deb come to know of dexters secret, seriously how long were they going to drag it, , and they put debra in a position where she can keep dexter now safe and also the counselling thing was to build upto this so that debra would have 2 minds about doing anything, now considering wat she did in the Mathews case she will probably let this go but not after a long drawn explanation from Dexter, and i think next season the arc would be again something more personal than dexter going out on another killing spree, Louis could be tied to Harry , another son or something, and dex , debra and harrison are in danger

Nah.. blood related means just that. It goes beyond "mentally". Being raised as brother and sister is irrelevant. It's like saying someone who was raised as a Christian since birth can't suddenly decide as an adult that hey, maybe they don't wanna be that. It's a choice. Deb and Dexter have the same choice available to them. When you're blood related you have no choice. Deb and Dexter could have kids and they could legally get married. Blood related siblings don't have that choice. They can't legally get married and (because of genes) blood related siblings have a whole ____load of complications regarding offspring.

So no, it's not the same thing.

Creepy-- but a common theme in Romantic literature (your soul mate is close to you in a brother/sister type of bond)... Wuthering Heights' Heathcliff and Catherine or Frankenstein's Victor and Elizabeth... If it can work in great literary works-- who knows.

Creepy-- but a common theme in Romantic literature (your soul mate is close to you in a brother/sister type of bond)... Wuthering Heights' Heathcliff and Catherine or Frankenstein's Victor and Elizabeth... If it can work in great literary works-- who knows.

i dont think now deb will come out with true feelings to dexter though she might protect him, the love aspect could be tossed out of the window starting next season

It's simple...

The ending was a really cool idea for Debra finding out, but again it was executed soooooo poorly. They showed Debra coming up to the church and everything - think about how much more powerful it would've been just to switch to an over-the-shoulder shot of Debra standing in the doorway with her hand over her mouth!

they no longer seem to care about shocking the audience.

My other complaint was how out-of-character Deb was acting about her newfound love for Dexter. I would think it would be more of a struggle, she'd fight it until she truly couldn't resist it. Again, this was handled very poorly. The fans would be more likely to be on board with it if it was transitioned more smoothly.

I did like alot of this season, I just think they handled everything so hamhandedly and held the audience's hand too much throughout the whole season.

are you saying that he hasn't been obviously reckless, or anti-harry's code, for the whole season though?
No, just saying that's why it didn't matter. But I agree with you, pointless scene.

I wasn't referring to the legality of it, nor did I say it was the same thing. I was referring to it being gross.
And I was trying to explain that it's NOT gross. Is there a social stigma attached to it? Honestly, not really. Most people would not care. Because they're not blood relatives. Not even distant, blood relatives.

A lot of people say the only difference between your immediate family and your spouse is DNA (obviously) and that you have sex with the latter. But the fundamental structure and bond of the relationship is exactly the same minus those two aspects. And again, we're not talking about blood relatives here.. they were just raised together by Deb's dad. Yes they've always had a brother/sister relationship but that doesn't change the fact that they're NOT related.

someone said that Laguerta is trying to mess with Deb on purpose by having the Psychologist manipulate her, or something,
I mean, Laguerta was acting weird with Deb too, I don't know if I agree but I could see that happening, that would mean the Psychologist is not professional but, who knows,
I don't think is likely but, interesting

So there is this Dexter Facebook game now?
MBapY.jpg

vgEJT.jpg

I don't know, seeing Dexter as a little Facebook game cartoon character kinda ruins it for me, lol :lol

I don't know, seeing Dexter as a little Facebook game cartoon character kinda ruins it for me, lol :lol

Now that he's signed a new contract, you can expect a lot more merch. I LOLd at the Dexter™ brand trash bags.

I find the most entertaining part to be Batista and Quinns oversized shirts. Quinns hair has been quite funny this season.

Anyone ever seen this before?

[ame]https://youtu.be/0JzOV2UL-jM[/ame]

I'm yet to watch all of this all the way through, but what I've seen so far looks interesting. It's an amateur production, but dare I say I don't think It's been done too badly, bless em. The kid playing young Dexer has a passing resemblance to Michael C Hall as well, which helps.

Anyone ever seen this before?

https://youtu.be/0JzOV2UL-jM

I'm yet to watch all of this all the way through, but what I've seen so far looks interesting. It's an amateur production, but dare I say I don't think It's been done too badly, bless em. The kid playing young Dexer has a passing resemblance to Michael C Hall as well, which helps.

That actually wasn't bad. He takes out someone who doesn't fit the "code", but everything else was VERY well done.

Back