Dexter Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just don't buy the "not blood related - it's less weird!" at all for this. They've been brother and sister since they were what, 3 and 4? That is as good as blood related, mentally, as it gets.

Only Clueless can pull off any sort of *-brother being acceptable to date.

i liked this episode love the look on debs face it was a good season but not the best i just hope they kill this deb storyline her loving her bro like that .

A good way of cushioning the creepiness of the storyline is look at it as the writers trolling MCH and Carpenter. They break up in real life - now they're kissing on the show.

1,2,4,5,3,6 for me.

I felt like I was sort of against the grain with discussion on here last season because I actually thought it was pretty strong for what it was. I felt the dexter and lumen connection was a strong way for the character to grieve over rita.

But I am having a hard time seeing how someone could think this was 'great'. It was watchable...but I feel like it was just written really sloppily..especially in comparison to last season.

I feel like it was very light compared to the last seasons being very heavy and bleak. I did actually like this last episode and even 'nebraska' and I thought they were alot of fun. But maybe the tone was just so drastically different than what we have been conditioned for in the past two seasons. I guess the sense of danger wasn't really there. Which is saying alot given how sloppy and anti-code of harry dexter has become.

I think it ended on a good note and I'm sure people will still come back to see how it goes. They can definitely use their mistakes as leverage to make the last couple seasons really powerful and great.

For example, I'd like to see them touch upon dexter becoming more of that calm and collected, neat monster he is supposed to be. after being caught by his sister and once again putting a kill in front of his family, he will have to be even more careful than ever now regardless on how the thing with deb pans out.

Also, I think we all feel like whatever is up with louis could have the potential to be interesting if done right.

This has been a great show...theres no way they aren't going to improve upon what they've done. If something is broken, fix it.

I'm sure dexter will be back and as good as it was, if not better next season.

1,2,4,5,3,6 for me.

I felt like I was sort of against the grain with discussion on here last season because I actually thought it was pretty strong for what it was. I felt the dexter and lumen connection was a strong way for the character to grieve over rita.

I've said it a lot, probably a lot in here as well, but I think 5 suffered greatly due to comparisons with 4. The Group might not have been as intriguing or impactful to Dexter's life as Trinity, but I thought they were a really good villain. I did think the season started very slowly, when Lumen was just changing from victim to ridiculous vigilante, but once she got settled, and once The Group's details started coming out, it really picked up. Plus, episode one of season 5 was almost physically painful to watch - and that's a good thing.

And, since everyone's doing it: 1,4,2,5,3

Please come back in three or four pages

Scott Buck has said that the Deb being in love with Dex has been building up over the last few seasons. Really? Must have missed that.

Scott Buck has said that the Deb being in love with Dex has been building up over the last few seasons. Really? Must have missed that.

I missed that too. I think the whole thing with her being in love was to make it more of an understanble debate of whether she turns him in or not. Not just using the he's my brother so I can't do it angle so they made her love him to make it harder.

Either way I really liked this season and the end was good. No way 5 was better imo.

Ending was predictable (as soon as Deb asked Dexter to follow up at the Church I knew what was coming). Overall I think this season and the last (with Lumen) were by far the weakest/least enjoyable.

I hate how reckless he is now for no reason. The biggest was committing that murder on the boat in front of like a half dozen or more people.

Those people were entering the country illegally/about to be robbed of everything they had that was valuable. Trust me, they ain't talking to no one about what happened. That's why Dexter killed that dude with no hesitation.

I just don't buy the "not blood related - it's less weird!" at all for this. They've been brother and sister since they were what, 3 and 4? That is as good as blood related, mentally, as it gets.

Nah.. blood related means just that. It goes beyond "mentally". Being raised as brother and sister is irrelevant. It's like saying someone who was raised as a Christian since birth can't suddenly decide as an adult that hey, maybe they don't wanna be that. It's a choice. Deb and Dexter have the same choice available to them. When you're blood related you have no choice. Deb and Dexter could have kids and they could legally get married. Blood related siblings don't have that choice. They can't legally get married and (because of genes) blood related siblings have a whole ____load of complications regarding offspring.

So no, it's not the same thing.

I think next year I am staying away from the boards until the whole season is over. It was kind of hard to enjoy the show with everyone creaming it every week, including myself. Not sure if I would have even saw the Gellar thing if not for Giant Chicken's post.

that's exactly what I'm going to do too. I'm done with spoilers and all the naysay.

lines-life.jpg

xefmmh.png
[/IMG]

"You need to prioritize. You are letting your emotions take charge of you."

"You know what worked for me, making my job the center of my life...puts everything else in perspective, because the control is all mine."

Those words is all you need to know for the following season -- book it.

Those were the comments LeGuerta told to Deb on top of that building. Now, Deb can either take those words to heart and follow them... which would be a major conflict of her emotions based on what she knows now. Like she said to the shrink, "I've always been looking like someone like, Dexter. Or someone just the opposite." Really? Now what? She has both! How ____ed up is this... she's back to square one. Who is her outlet now? The shrink? The same person who has helped hear gain clarity with her emotions, now can't be told the entire truth in sessions. "Is this how it feels to be in control of your emotions?", she asked the shrink, ultimately at the end.

Or, as she said earlier in the year if you can remember, "not be like LeGuerta" when she was the boss of Miami Metro. Which then, would be aiding Dex, turning the eye... etc., anything to protect him, which is the ultimate in terms of her job, what she should do morally, but the conflict her heart may have. What then?

They can go sooooo many directions, but for how long, without getting too, "You gotta be friggin' kidding me?"

"Light cannot exist without darkness..., each serves it purpose." prophetic words by Bro. Sam, who reiterated them with Travis on the kill table. Deb is the light, Dex is the darkness?

zmm4pc.png

2nq8g1x.png

2v8pvra.png

"Oh God," Indeed...

4g57o2.png

Those people were entering the country illegally/about to be robbed of everything they had that was valuable. Trust me, they ain't talking to no one about what happened. That's why Dexter killed that dude with no hesitation.

yeah...I totally understand that aspect of the scene. But what bothers me about it is he could have easily just gotten rescued on the boat and than brought to shore. There didn't need to be another quick murder thrown in. Unless, like I was saying, they are going to touch upon him being reckless next season. If not, than the whole scene was just irrelevant in my opinion.

or are you saying that he hasn't been obviously reckless, or anti-harry's code, for the whole season though?

All I have to say is that is about freaking time Deb found out. She's known since the end of the first book (aka what season 1 was) and its about time the show made her find out. She's OK with it in the books so it will be interesting to see how it plays out on the show.

I think next year I am staying away from the boards until the whole season is over. It was kind of hard to enjoy the show with everyone creaming it every week, including myself. Not sure if I would have even saw the Gellar thing if not for Giant Chicken's post.

Sorry man. I put it in a spoiler tag! :)

I really wish I could say that I liked this season. I hope that next season is good. I look forward to his conversation with Deb.

Back