Devil May Cry Reboot?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering how bad RE6 was? That is tragic but true.
I'm aware of that, but actually it's quite the opposite here in South East Asia. People praise the DMC reboot and say MGR is trash, I've personally met tons of Asian gamers with that opinion. I apologize on behalf of my people.
REally? That's unexpected. But it's not your fault Ryan. You're the sane one in a sea of maniacs

DMC Reboot was at least playable and didn't look to be made all that huge compared to RE6 which was insanely ambitious.

Also DmC was at least better than 2. Despite being quite similar, being dark, emo, centered in a city, **** female supporting character....but it had some sort of challenge at least!

As far as I'm concerned Capcom delivered what I wanted from a DMC, I have all the other ones and they are just boring and "japanese-y" not into that.
I can see why people like the others but they are really dated now, I wouldn't even associate them with the new DMC as they are soooo different, like 2 opposite series!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly this game was better than anything capcom has put out in a while :lol
It got a lot of good reviews too, heck even Yatzhee from The Escapist who's famous/infamous for his negative criticism gave it a mild recommendation. It really got a lot of undeserved flak.

Which is a shame because as a fan of the old one, I actually thought that it was a nice homage to the original series while gaining an identity of its own. It was mostly to do with the attitude of Ninja Theory at the time before it came out that made them seem like arrogant douches, when in fact the final product ended up feeling like a nice update while paying tribute to the original (faithful to the original names and general concepts, added more humanity to the relationship between the Sparda siblings, gave demons a more interesting premise than the usual medieval hellish kind etc.)

Oh and much as people were saying that Dante doesn't have white hair in this one being a negative...
Spoiler Spoiler:

It got a lot of good reviews too, heck even Yatzhee from The Escapist who's famous/infamous for his negative criticism gave it a mild recommendation. It really got a lot of undeserved flak.

Which is a shame because as a fan of the old one, I actually thought that it was a nice homage to the original series while gaining an identity of its own. It was mostly to do with the attitude of Ninja Theory at the time before it came out that made them seem like arrogant douches, when in fact the final product ended up feeling like a nice update while paying tribute to the original (faithful to the original names and general concepts, added more humanity to the relationship between the Sparda siblings, gave demons a more interesting premise than the usual medieval hellish kind etc.)

Oh and much as people were saying that Dante doesn't have white hair in this one being a negative...
Spoiler Spoiler:

It's a good game, it really is. It's a silly set of circumstances why this game did so poorly. If this game was an original IP without the DMC name, people would have said "oh cool another hack n slash, I like those, I'll give it a shot". But people have bias' that they can't let go of or see past. So they "spoke" and said no. It happens I guess.

I truly believe it was the attitude of the marketing and developers that somewhat doomed this game. Metal Gear Rising is similar in that it has a few DNA chords attaching itself to the rest of the Metal Gear franchise, but it primarily exists outside of metal gear canon as well as being a separate game experience than a typical Metal Gear game. And that is how it was billed. It reveled in it's ridiculous aspects and said, "hey you know what? we're just going to go crazy and have fun, if you want to have fun with us then come on! lets go!"

If DMC had done that instead of going about saying "oh ya know…Devil may cry was stale, the previous dante was a bit dorky and lame, we're better, come play us and forget about that lame other dante." Everything would have been ok. It's sad because the actual game is not that…it actually respects and homages the past games quite a bit, while having a little laugh here and there. The attitude coming from the people behind the scenes ****ed themselves over. Oh well. What're ya gonna do. vidja gaems main…deyz iz crazy.

Yeah they pretty much doomed their own product with that horrible pre-release marketing. Which is a shame because I actually would've wanted to get figures of Dante and Vergil, and this is coming from someone who enjoyed the old games and owns PAK figures of the original Dante and Vergil. :lol

Ah well, what can you do. I just hope that someone salvages this from Capcom because it was a step in the right direction and not that bad of a reboot at all.

Yeah they pretty much doomed their own product with that horrible pre-release marketing. Which is a shame because I actually would've wanted to get figures of Dante and Vergil, and this is coming from someone who enjoyed the old games and owns PAK figures of the original Dante and Vergil. :lol

Ah well, what can you do. I just hope that someone salvages this from Capcom because it was a step in the right direction and not that bad of a reboot at all.

I would love figures from this and any DMC game. I have the PAKs as well. Some of the best PAK figures released.

I'd really want some good 1:6 scale figures. I didn't much care for the asmus ones in the past, but I hear they're toying with the idea of doing a DMC3 Dante, and with their current quality that is on display with their LOTR line, that could be a very good thing :panic:

With the games, If they continue with this reboot, I'll be thrilled. I loved it and I want more of this universe. Doesn't look like it's going to happen. So either they'll let the franchise rot or go back to OG Dante. The latter which I will be more than happy to welcome back.

The game isn't that bad (DMC 2 again is far worse but fanboys give it a pass :slap ), but I feel the combat is a bit worse than the old games, due to no styles. I don't like how swapping weapons works or how you can't taunt (I never get tired of DMC 3's taunts)because we all know this Dante would totally taunt everyone :lol New Dante does receive far too much hate; he's not as interesting as the original, but they are actually kind of similar. Both of them can be over the top, can be cocky, and so on. New Vergil comes off as a wimp though, and Kat is overrated.

If it had a different name it would of done well, it's because of the "real" DMC "fans" they won't try it.

If it had a different name it would of done well, it's because of the "real" DMC "fans" they won't try it.

Im a huge DevilMayCry fan and i loved DMC! The main reason people didn't give it a chance is Dantes look. Completely superficial.

The saddest thing is the amazing developer Ninja Theory have given up creating AAA titles i think mostly due to DMCs negative reaction. They made Fantastic games

tumblr_inline_n8mw4znvTg1r0269k.gif

they even gave "reviews" for the game without actually playing it 3 and 4's out of 10

i didn't like the looks as well compared to the previous dante .. didn't stop me to play it.

Back