Devil May Cry Reboot?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trailer looks cool, but I don't have that DMC feel, rather Emo may cry feel. They should of just made another series and don't link the story to Dante.

There's been a lot of fan backlash towards what's been shown so far, but I don't really understand it. The only gripe I have is that the game is being developed predominantly by Ninja Theory, but Capcom is still lending some of the old Japanese DMC staff to aid Ninja Theory.

I think Dante looks pretty cool and the only difference is that he now looks like a teenager (this is a prequel) before his hair turned white. His attitude looks about the same, his voice sounds like Dante as we knew him, and I think his outfit looks like a cross between Tyler Durden meets classic Dante.

devil_may_cry_key_image_dante.jpg

And a quick 'shop:
dmc5.jpg

Last edited:
I am really liking the direction this game is heading. Feels a lot like DMC3 (which to me is the best DMC game ever).

After the horror that is the fourth game (Nero? WTH were you thinking Capcom?) This prequel seems like a much needed boost for a franchise that seems to be taking a step backwards the the last game.

Who knows, this game might be going the Star Trek movie way where they alternate being great and sucky with each sequel.

I don't follow DMC lore closely... but I've always thought Dante was born a demon, not created into one. "Son of Sparda" eh?

I don't follow DMC lore closely... but I've always thought Dante was born a demon, not created into one. "Son of Sparda" eh?

From what I remember, and I could be wrong, but yes. His father was a demon. His mother was a human. So he's half-demon....like Inuyasha!!! :lol :rock (Love that show BTW. Good times.)

I played all of the installments, expect for the third oddly enough (which I heard was one of the best right next to the first installment.) Don't know why I never did. I've got to pick up a copy now.

Anyway, this new game looks awesome. I'm really looking forward to it. It's a great gaming franchise IMO. I've never read the mangas, so I can't speak on behalf of that.

6618f6d490f91b3d6815ff1.jpg

TRAILER IN HD

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/jGqhNZkoh9Q?fs=1&hl=en_GB&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/jGqhNZkoh9Q?fs=1&hl=en_GB&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>​

I wonder if there's any narrative significance to the fact that the game apparently takes place in 'Limbo' City.

Back