Destiny (Bungie's new title)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided i wanted to rank up my Titan and Hunter this week. It occurs to me after a lot of mission repeats, bounties, strikes and public events using my Warlock, that i see a fair few Hunters around. I always saw the Hunter class as the weakest but i am coming to regard them as the best class if you want a challenge. I just levelled my Hunter to 27 and maxed my gunslinger, but joined New Monarchy earlier in the week and am only a couple of days bounties away from being high enough to buy gear from them. But i wanted to get onto building up my bladedancer so i am replaying all the story missions on level 26. The increased XP gains from doing them on that level has me on track to being levelled up in less than a week.
I used to be hooked on HT figures. Now i am just playing this damned game, lol.

f5f35ebcbc73091533452d911ed6d7da.jpg

Almost have my triumph list completed I am just missing the golden chests which I never really paid much attention too. I like what Bungie did for the year one players.

f5f35ebcbc73091533452d911ed6d7da.jpg

Almost have my triumph list completed I am just missing the golden chests which I never really paid much attention too. I like what Bungie did for the year one players.

I have most complete, but am missing the three parts at the bottom. I don't play crucible or POE, so those will never be filled unless my Brother plays them for me.

I have most complete, but am missing the three parts at the bottom. I don't play crucible or POE, so those will never be filled unless my Brother plays them for me.
Just play Capture the flag Bro. Shouldn't be to hard to just go and capture as many flags as you can. Now POE will be a challenge but once you get the hang of it, it's quite easy.

Just play Capture the flag Bro. Shouldn't be to hard to just go and capture as many flags as you can. Now POE will be a challenge but once you get the hang of it, it's quite easy.

Yeah. You *say* that, and i'd get my ass handed to me, lol.
I could *really* use about fifteen pieces of etheric light to level up all my gear and weapons. But without someone on board that knows what they're doing, i'd suck at it.

Yeah. You *say* that, and i'd get my ass handed to me, lol.
I could *really* use about fifteen pieces of etheric light to level up all my gear and weapons. But without someone on board that knows what they're doing, i'd suck at it.
Well on Capture the flag you don't really need to kill people. All you need is to capture them flags also you don't need max weapons or armor since crucible is balanced so even greens and blues do the work just as good. You could also get lucky and get carried in team based games.

Well on Capture the flag you don't really need to kill people. All you need is to capture them flags also you don't need max weapons or armor since crucible is balanced so even greens and blues do the work just as good. You could also get lucky and get carried in team based games.

Yeah. I meant on POE. I don't really enjoy the online stuff except strikes, weekly heroic and nightfall strikes.
I really enjoy the story missions, bounties and patrols. My Brother plays crucible(He hates the stuff i like), and doesn't mind playing the crucible stuff on my characters to help me out.
With luck, he might try the POE for me.

You just need some practice with POE. After a few whips you will get the hang of it. I have to help my brother out this week on getting skolas for him. He has been outcasted since he does not have Gallyhorn.

I am sure it's simple when you know where, but what's the location in the Steppes area of the cosmodrome where you find exotic shards?
I have searched everywhere and cannot find them.

You can't find exotic shards, you can get them by dismantling exotic weapons or buying them from Xur

I have done this in the past, but that day last week the game was offline for eight hours, when it came back online, i was patrolling in the Steppes area in the cosmodrome, and three separate times, from three separate users, i saw above my Super bar(Where it would say: "A Pack Of Wolves Are Prowling"), it said: "**** has found an exotic shard".
I kept trying to see where the person was but they were on the move.
I was just wondering if it was a post-update thing that i didn't know about.
All three instances were in the Steppes region, and the users were near the spawn point where you first appear.

I have done this in the past, but that day last week the game was offline for eight hours, when it came back online, i was patrolling in the Steppes area in the cosmodrome, and three separate times, from three separate users, i saw above my Super bar(Where it would say: "A Pack Of Wolves Are Prowling"), it said: "**** has found an exotic shard".
I kept trying to see where the person was but they were on the move.
I was just wondering if it was a post-update thing that i didn't know about.
All three instances were in the Steppes region, and the users were near the spawn point where you first appear.

You'll have to forgive me i had a little chuckle reading this boss, hehe i just did it again.

BASICALLY when you dismantle an exotic 'something' it will pop-up on the nearby players HUD as they found an exotic shard. All that would've happened is they dismantled something in that game, and it would show on your screen that they "FOUND" an exotic shard. This game will snap yo ankles like that sometimes, its happened to me lots

You'll have to forgive me i had a little chuckle reading this boss, hehe i just did it again.

BASICALLY when you dismantle an exotic 'something' it will pop-up on the nearby players HUD as they found an exotic shard. All that would've happened is they dismantled something in that game, and it would show on your screen that they "FOUND" an exotic shard. This game will snap yo ankles like that sometimes, its happened to me lots

Lol. Okay. This is the new teabagging. Level up several gjallarhorns and wait for the noobs to be patrolling. Then, every now and then, dismantle one near some other people and watch them go crazy trying to find the place that gives away free Exotic shards...
:rotfl

It is what it is. I can understand people thinking he "phoned it in", but the ghosts are supposed to be AI creations.
I never had any problem with the voiceover.
But i find that the more i play, the less i pay as close attention to the voiceover.
Of course that will change in The Taken King. I can't wait to get my full size Strange Coin!!! :rotfl
I am also on the fence about ordering the Titan. I would have far preferred 3A did a Warlock or a Hunter.
Who am i kidding, i will buy all three...

Kind of sad we won't be able to ascend our old gear. Not a fan of everyone looking the same, so hopefully the speculation that Light won't affect level anymore is true. Then we can all wear whatever we want while still maintaining our lvl 40 characters.

Other than that, all the new stuff they showed off and announced today sounds great! Nolan North is much welcomed, but I'll never forget about the infamous Wizard line from the Alpha.

I'm excited for the Taken King...but pretty much dreading the new weapon re-balancing that drops before it. The new meta is going to be interesting, but there's too much wrong with certain changes they've announced for me to be totally on board with it. Hopefully more is changed by the time it drops!

Back