Destiny (Bungie's new title)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friend and I were not that impressed with the beta... it didnt really bring anything new or exciting. The Exceptional AI which the halo series is known for was not there. Enemies were sluggish, hardly taking cover, just soaking up bullets like sponges. The gameplay seemed exactly the same as halo (not a bad thing, but come on, surely you can add new mechanics?)
We played as the assassin and she seemed to have a one time melee Shank similar to that of COD, but There was no way to do assassinations which i thought was stupid as bungie shouldnt be taking out cool things like this.
But most importantly what lets this game down the most is the graphics! It looked no better than Halo 4! Seriously I am not kidding this game does not look next gen. Highly disappointed on what was possibly the biggest release for next gen consoles. + a Really sluggish framerate that went with it. Activision were so scared that releasing such a costly expensive title on next gen only that they wouldnt recouporate funds, so they make it cross gen. And by doing that, all care to make this game sparkle with that sexy next gen gloss has just ended up with a standard 360/ps3 matte finish.

Graphics are definitely better than previous generation, but all it is is higher resolution textures and higher poly counts, there doesn't appear to be any specific next gen improvements. Kind of like Titanfall.

I would say it's very much like Halo, AI is actually pretty similar as well, enemies do get behind cover when you start shooting them, but they also don't always notice you there.

I thought the graphics looked good. I think some are expecting too much of a jump like from PS2/PS3 era.

This generation is all about the fine detail imho.

Loved the beta and cant wait for the release.

I havent played the multiplayer yet. I am not sure if it was on the beta, but here is hoping that is better

Once you hit level 5 you should be able to travel to The Crucible where competitive multiplayer goes down. First you have to go to the tower to unlock from the Bounty Hunter vendor though.

Once you hit level 5 you should be able to travel to The Crucible where competitive multiplayer goes down. First you have to go to the tower to unlock from the Bounty Hunter vendor though.

Nice one dude. What's your opinions on destiny, pturtle?

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

I like it, but not really blown away by it. I’m hoping thats just due to the lack of content in the beta.

I actually really like the gameplay, but the competitive multiplayer feels a bit tacked on. My main problem though is the story, it just doesn’t seem interesting so far, to be honest I don’t even know what its about.

I’m definitely purchasing this day one, but thats mainly because of the AAA drought we’ve been experiencing on PS4.

I agree that the story is pretty vague, but compared to the Alpha, I think its just a case of Bungie keeping their cards close to the vest.....they are always pretty strong in the storyline dept, imo. Not really digging the MP, but I've never been a capture the flag kinda guy

Ah nothing about age, we just have live's and can't sit playing games 15 hours a day [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that the story is pretty vague, but compared to the Alpha, I think its just a case of Bungie keeping their cards close to the vest.....they are always pretty strong in the storyline dept, imo. Not really digging the MP, but I've never been a capture the flag kinda guy

I hope you're right, because I'm loving the atmosphere of this game.

Ah nothing about age, we just have live's and can't sit playing games 15 hours a day [emoji12]

Also true, I played level 6 last night, the one where you and two other players take down the spider tank. I thought it was amazing hardcore fun.
:rock

Also true, I played level 6 last night, the one where you and two other players take down the spider tank. I thought it was amazing hardcore fun.
:rock

Each to their own, I just don't see how laying 100 billion bullets into something for an hour is fun.

Each to their own, I just don't see how laying 100 billion bullets into something for an hour is fun.

Because it's a challenge that requires endurance and consistency and teamwork. I played that level twice I thought it was so fun.

Bungie is teasing that they may unlock the Moon Story mission in the last couple of days. This would give us more exposure to the story and higher level missions.:yess:

That would work for me. tired of the Russia levels over and over

If anyone is playing the PS3 version and then doing reviews like, 'it doesn't look NEXT GEN,' I'll slap you

Back