Destiny (Bungie's new title)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang I missed my postal guy this morning by 12 minutes.. for my destiny bundle ps4. I was to worried I was gonna miss him I forgot to sleep lol. Well I'll pick it up tomorrow at 9 sharp! At the post office.

Man, there are almost as many negative reviews on metacritic as there are positive. It's sitting at a 5.4 right now.

I don't understand how anyone could review this game at this stage, beyond what we already know from the Beta.

I don't understand how anyone could review this game at this stage, beyond what we already know from the Beta.

I think the problem is that the first few hours is the beta - a lot of these people may be feeling, 'I've already played this....!'

Separate note: was able to score the limited edition from my local store - walked in and it was just sitting there........gonna try to dump my ghost edition quick on Ebay while people still care....as Awesome as the Ghost replica is, its gonna collect dust in a month

Here is the problem I have with the story: you are revived by a ghost to help stop the fallen. At no time did my character ask the obvious: 'who are you? what is going on? How did you bring me back to life?

lol....its all very vanilla

Great point :lol

I’m going to keep playing, hopefully it picks up soon.

Been playing a strike for an hour or so with two fellas from a clan I joined. Lot of fun, to a point, we hadn't unlocked heavy weapons yet so it was a grind and we had to quit.

Good chatting though, my first clan/chat gaming session

For some reason when I got to the tower to pick up all my bonus stuff, I had 3 frontier ghost shells and 2 preorder sparrow skins in my inventory.

People are saying that these are your allotment for your characters. So unlike say borderlands or Diablo where your bonus stuff is given to every character you create, you only get a finite amount.

I guess its not a big deal though. You have a stash thats available to all your guys so you can just remove it and give it to new guys or that character you're playing. 2 sparrows makes little sense though as theres 3 classes.

For some reason when I got to the tower to pick up all my bonus stuff, I had 3 frontier ghost shells and 2 preorder sparrow skins in my inventory.

It's a glitch. I just started with a new character and had the same extras on offer. I didn't need to "share" the bonus stuff.

People are saying that these are your allotment for your characters. So unlike say borderlands or Diablo where your bonus stuff is given to every character you create, you only get a finite amount.

I guess its not a big deal though. You have a stash thats available to all your guys so you can just remove it and give it to new guys or that character you're playing. 2 sparrows makes little sense though as theres 3 classes.

OMG, that would suck as I discarded the others

Man, there are almost as many negative reviews on metacritic as there are positive. It's sitting at a 5.4 right now.

Went to BB to buy Captain America, floated round about 30 minutes trying to decide whether or not to pick Destiny up too. Since there were no sales going on, I decided to wait and see, if those negative reviews become the majority, then I'll be glad I didnt pull the trigger.

I'm mostly interested in the Single Player Experience, and intrigued by the potential (as content is added) vastness of the game. Love to hear peoples thoughts on the single player mode.

Last edited:
It was fun what I played tonight but it was the same as the beta. I'll get deeper into it as the week goes on.

Well my launch was a complete cluster**** !!

Set up my character, did the solo stuff, got my special pre-order goodies in the tower shops, met up with and formed a team with my brother ....went to leave and do the first mission and BOOM ! Total havoc.

Every error you could think of under the sun with all of Bungie's bizarre names, - CENTIPEDE, CATTLE, RABBIT, BABOON, COCONUT ......even got bizarre messages saying things like 'this account can not generate user content media' and one or two others ....what the hell !?

Seems to be a known issue and many experienced it, but damn ....very disappointing.
(I read some articles and I don't fit any of the suggested problems and I've never had a problem with any other online game before)

Scareb is correct but I'd add that its 'apples & oranges' ....totally different type of game.
Its made by the makers of Halo and is really the successor to that series ....but with wide open levels, ability to choose where you want to go instead of following a linear path, and with level up and some character customization, making it sit (I think) closer to Borderlands Co-op than Halo.

But its not meant to be like a Bethesda RPG (Elder Scrolls and Fallout3/4) where you essentially have a full life in game (relative to other games) with an entire living world you slowly potter about it (I do love those games BTW....).
Destiny is essentially a big station hub and a bunch of multiplayer/co-op maps filled with bad guys that you drop into, do missions and then port back to the station hub.

Yea I knew it was done by the Halo guys which is why I'm surprised there's not much of a story to the game. Halo had such a strong narrative that it's impossible for me to not get sucked into the story, if I play one game, I have to play them all, the stories just that good to me. So i'm a bit perplexed by the lack of a single player story ark, I never played multiplayer so this doesn't sound to appealing to me.

Back