Deathstroke PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Filip,

Look, I could care less about this whole thing. BUT, it comes off to me as someone whining. I went and only grabbed a hand full of some of your quotes, I don't have time to go through the thread. To me it just seems like hate, and kind of troll like behavior. I get it, you don't like this statue.... I have nothing more to say I'm glad you have an opinion on this statue and I hope you find the deathstroke of your dreams someday.

[Keep in mind the overall ES on this is low because it sucks. Even with a low ES it won't sell out. Not the EX or the REG. Otherwise, enjoy your statue.

I know this piece will be cheap in the aftermarket because sideshow missed the mark on it completely. That's the reason there's no hype on this Deathstroker PF.

If it was amazing, you wouldn't be able to pick it up on ebay for $100 less.

Honestly, I hope this Deathstroker PF goes down as a colossal financial loss for sideshow. I'm talking break the books kind of financial loss. Full stock rotting in their warehouse until the end of days kind of loss. I hope they can't even give this PF away. I jumped into the DC PF line because of all the classic characters sideshow gave us before the Deathstroker PF was released. I've spent thousands of dollars to have a classic DC lineup. Now, all we're getting is made up sideshowified crap costumes and it's driving me up a wall. I needed only 3 more classic PFs to wrap up my DC collection (Deathstroke, Flash, and Martian Manhunter). Knowing that won't happen now is infuriating. It feels like I've done nothing but waste my time and money with sideshow.

I'm struggling now. There's just no reason for me to buy sideshow merch anymore if they keep doing only modernized/sideshowified costumes. I'd have been better off not buying a single DC PF. I can't complete my classic collection and if I wanted to sell off my DC PFs, I'm looking at a fairly large loss because most of sideshow's PFs don't even hold their value in the aftermarket. Yeah, I guess youHis build isn't slender, it's feminine. Enjoy the PF. Nothing said can ever change how I feel by this PF. I can't ever adequately put into words how gutted I am by this PF. can say I'm a little irate.]

CASC, I bear you no ill will and will try my best to make this reply as respectful as possible.

First, I know that you (and a few others here) actually like this PF. I can't understand why, but I can respect your opinion. My direct reply to any posts (including yours) gave my opinion as to why I had a differing opinion on this PF. I don't see this as jumping down anyone's throat or dismissing anyone's thoughts on this PF. Some of the posts you have quoted are just my general thoughts on this PF and I know that they are harsh. There is a reason for that, and I have given them throughout this thread. To my recollection, I have never attacked or outright dismissed anyone else's opinion on this PF. However, I have vehemently disagreed with them.

Phoenixblazes had a post where he stated his opinion on why he thought this PF wasn't very popular. You quoted him and the 1st sentence in your reply was ...."Who cares"? He has since deleted his post. I don't know if it was because of your dismissal of his thoughts or if it's because I agreed with him and he didn't want to be caught up in a possible disagreement between you and I. Either way, I wish he would've let his post stand. He's entitled to his opinion even if others don't care about them.

As for being labeled a troll, whiner, or self entitled ass in this thread (or others), I can live with that. I'll explain why one last time. I have bought sideshow's very 1st DC PF (the Joker). I have bought almost every JL PF released since then (Bats, Supes, WW, GL, and Aquaman) in the hopes of having a complete classic Big 7 JL lineup. I'm 2 classic PFs away from completing that lineup (Flash and Martian Manhunter). I've purchased the Darkseid, Lobo, Bane, Ivy, Harley and Catwoman PFs as well. All of the costumes were the classic version of these characters. Not one DC PF released before Deathstroker was in a sideshowified or made up costume. Sure there were some very minor tweaks to some costumes but nothing that took away from their classic appearance. Deathstroker was a game changer. Pretty much no one saw this made up costume coming (I certainly didn't) given sideshow's track record of previous classic DC PFs released over the last 7 years or so. Deathstroke is my second favorite DC villain. I'm a HUGE fan of the character and absolutely LOVE the classic Perez version of the character. Not only did collectors not get a classic Deathstroke, they got a Deathstroke never even seen before in comics. On top of that, we got a PF that doesn't even capture his physical/muscular appearance in comics. However, let's put that all aside. Now sideshow is telling us to expect sideshowified costumes on their upcoming PF releases. We're told to expect all future JL PFs to look like the recent Trinity PFs in the JL line. So, for all of those customers that bought classic styled PFs over years and spent thousands of dollars supporting sideshow and building a classic collection...too bad, so sad. We're basically F'd and stuck with incomplete lines. Not only that, but we can't even buy a competitors classic version of these characters we need in North America because sideshow owns exclusive rights to all 1/4 DC PFs in NA. To sum it up, if I want a classic 1/4 Deathstroke, Flash, or Martian Manhunter, I'm **** out of luck because only sideshow can give that to me legally (I've never liked the idea of buying unlicensed statues). My frustration level has gone through the roof because sideshow has hung their classic collectors out to dry. If my posts on the topic come off as trolling or whining...so be it. At least I've tried to give clear and concise reasons as to why I'm so damn mad and frustrated with sideshow's new direction.

Lastly, even though I'm not a big fan of sideshowified costumes, I don't begrudge anyone who likes them. If classic collectors can get at least one classic version of a character, I don't care if sideshow releases a Deathstroke PF in a tutu afterwards. If the classic PFs looks great, bring on the sideshowified costumes. That said, super popular characters (like Cap, Bats, Supes, Spidey) probably could be revisited in their classic costumes every 5-10 years for collectors that missed out on the OG releases (or didn't like them for some reason).

So, if you made it all the way down here, I hope my thoughts on this PF and sideshow's new direction (and my frustration) are a little more understandable. I truly hope you and anyone else that bought (or wants) the Deathstroker PF enjoy it. As for your well wishes on me getting a classic Deathstroke PF one day, that's more than likely not ever going to happen so long as Igo is sideshow's art director. It's become crystal clear that sideshow is moving in another direction and I have no other legit options to purchase a classic Perez Deathstroke and that burns me to no end. All the best to you CASC. I hope I was able to make my point without further ruffling any feathers.

Last edited:
CASC, I bear you no ill will and will try my best to make this reply as respectful as possible.

First, I know that you (and a few others here) actually like this PF. I can't understand why, but I can respect your opinion. My direct reply to any posts (including yours) gave my opinion as to why I had a differing opinion on this PF. I don't see this as jumping down anyone's throat or dismissing anyone's thoughts on this PF. Some of the posts you have quoted are just my general thoughts on this PF and I know that they are harsh. There is a reason for that, and I have given them throughout this thread. To my recollection, I have never attacked or outright dismissed anyone else's opinion on this PF. However, I have vehemently disagreed with them.

Phoenixblazes had a post where he stated his opinion on why he thought this PF wasn't very popular. You quoted him and the 1st sentence in your reply was ...."Who cares"? He has since deleted his post. I don't know if it was because of your dismissal of his thoughts or if it's because I agreed with him and he didn't want to be caught up in a possible disagreement between you and I. Either way, I wish he would've let his post stand. He's entitled to his opinion even if others don't care about them.

As for being labeled a troll, whiner, or self entitled ass in this thread (or others), I can live with that. I'll explain why one last time. I have bought sideshow's very 1st DC PF (the Joker). I have bought almost every JL PF released since then (Bats, Supes, WW, GL, and Aquaman) in the hopes of having a complete classic Big 7 JL lineup. I'm 2 classic PFs away from completing that lineup (Flash and Martian Manhunter). I've purchased the Darkseid, Lobo, Bane, Ivy, Harley and Catwoman PFs as well. All of the costumes were the classic version of these characters. Not one DC PF released before Deathstroker was in a sideshowified or made up costume. Sure there were some very minor tweaks to some costumes but nothing that took away from their classic appearance. Deathstroker was a game changer. Pretty much no one saw this made up costume coming (I certainly didn't) given sideshow's track record of previous classic DC PFs released over the last 7 years or so. Deathstroke is my second favorite DC villain. I'm a HUGE fan of the character and absolutely LOVE the classic Perez version of the character. Not only did collectors not get a classic Deathstroke, they got a Deathstroke never even seen before in comics. On top of that, we got a PF that doesn't even capture his physical/muscular appearance in comics. However, let's put that all aside. Now sideshow is telling us to expect sideshowified costumes on their upcoming PF releases. We're told to expect all future JL PFs to look like the recent Trinity PFs in the JL line. So, for all of those customers that bought classic styled PFs over years and spent thousands of dollars supporting sideshow and building a classic collection...too bad, so sad. We're basically F'd and stuck with incomplete lines. Not only that, but we can't even buy a competitors classic version of these characters we need in North America because sideshow owns exclusive rights to all 1/4 DC PFs in NA. To sum it up, if I want a classic 1/4 Deathstroke, Flash, or Martian Manhunter, I'm **** out of luck because only sideshow can give that to me legally (I've never liked the idea of buying unlicensed statues). My frustration level has gone through the roof because sideshow has hung their classic collectors out to dry. If my posts on the topic come off as trolling or whining...so be it. At least I've tried to give clear and concise reasons as to why I'm so damn mad and frustrated with sideshow's new direction.

Lastly, even though I'm not a big fan of sideshowified costumes, I don't begrudge anyone who likes them. If classic collectors can get at least one classic version of a character, I don't care if sideshow releases a Deathstroke PF in a tutu afterwards. If the classic PFs looks great, bring on the sideshowified costumes. That said, super popular characters (like Cap, Bats, Supes, Spidey) probably could be revisited in their classic costumes every 5-10 years for collectors that missed out on the OG releases (or didn't like them for some reason).

So, if you made it all the way down here, I hope my thoughts on this PF and sideshow's new direction (and my frustration) are a little more understandable. I truly hope you and anyone else that bought (or wants) the Deathstroker PF enjoy it. As for your well wishes on me getting a classic Deathstroke PF one day, that's more than likely not ever going to happen so long as Igo is sideshow's art director. It's become crystal clear that sideshow is moving in another direction and I have no other legit options to purchase a classic Perez Deathstroke and that burns me to no end. All the best to you CASC. I hope I was able to make my point without further ruffling any feathers.

Sideshow is doing to its fans what LucasArts is doing to its fans.... Alienating us.

Sideshow is doing to its fans what LucasArts is doing to its fans.... Alienating us.

It feels that way. If I could get what I paid for my DC PFs, I'd probably sell them all. I have no use for sideshow's new direction nor my DC PFs since I won't be able to complete my classic JL lineup or get the classic version of my favorite characters.

Thought I'd have to take pics to post, nice to see others being posted. Production looks spot on, looking mean from head on, still think he looks best with the EX staff. Hoping mine ships soon.

He probably thinks you are a troll because of your not letting this **** go. Like... at all. I am a huge Slade fan and hate this piece, but have not made a single negative remark in here, apart from stating once that I dislike it. That was it. Then I left the threat to leave people who are excited about the PF in peace and to have them enjoy their wait and discussion about it without me bringing them down.
Why is it needed for you to continue with ******** all over it? Its a waste of time for you and everybody in here. You wont change any minds and only bum people out, Why not use your time to post about a statue you are excited about? Why not come out from under the bridge and go into the valley or whatever trolls do when they are happy^^

He probably thinks you are a troll because of your not letting this **** go. Like... at all. I am a huge Slade fan and hate this piece, but have not made a single negative remark in here, apart from stating once that I dislike it. That was it. Then I left the threat to leave people who are excited about the PF in peace and to have them enjoy their wait and discussion about it without me bringing them down.
Why is it needed for you to continue with ******** all over it? Its a waste of time for you and everybody in here. You wont change any minds and only bum people out, Why not use your time to post about a statue you are excited about? Why not come out from under the bridge and go into the valley or whatever trolls do when they are happy^^

Because I want a classic Perez Deathstroke PF in my collection and sideshow is the only company that can legitimately sell me one in North America. I couldn't give a rats ass what d-bags like you think about me. If anyone from sideshow reads posts in this thread (which they have in other threads over the years), I want them to know why collectors don't like this piece and why some of us want a classic Deathstroke PF and not this made up Deathstroker. Is that explanation clear enough for you? Or would you like me to explain in greater detail? You and every other person that doesn't like what I have to say can put me on ignore if you don't want to read my posts. It's no skin off my teeth either way.

Last edited:
Because I want a classic Perez Deathstroke PF in my collection and sideshow is the only company that can legitimately sell me one in North America. I couldn't give a rats ass what d-bags like you think about me. If anyone from sideshow reads posts in this thread (which they have in other threads over the years), I want them to know why collectors don't like this piece and why some of us want a classic Deathstroke PF and not this made up Deathstroker. Is that explanation clear enough for you? Or would you like me to explain in greater detail? You and every other person that doesn't like what I have to say can put me on ignore if you don't want to read my posts. It's no skin off my teeth either way.
:welcome1::uruk-hai

Attachments

• 581cbb5ee772c.image.jpg
    581cbb5ee772c.image.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 105

Needs moar crayons and sign language :lol

Why is there so much hate towards this statue? Is it the lack of pirate boots? It seems like they put a lot of detail into it. It looks classy to me. I think I'm going to order because it'll probably be years before Sideshow makes another one. Plus, they'd most likely call it a maquette and charge $750 with a 1500 es on the ex.

Why is there so much hate towards this statue? Is it the lack of pirate boots? It seems like they put a lot of detail into it. It looks classy to me. I think I'm going to order because it'll probably be years before Sideshow makes another one. Plus, they'd most likely call it a maquette and charge $750 with a 1500 es on the ex.

Many members here have clearly stated why they don't like Deathstroker. What difference does it make if you like it? A differing opinion shouldn't have any bearing on how you feel about the piece. Buy it if you like it regardless of what others say. You might want to hurry. I think the EX stock is running low.

I don't think this looks bad but just seems a little bland. Certainly doesn't have that wow factor the P1 Deathstroke has in spades.

I don't think this looks bad but just seems a little bland. Certainly doesn't have that wow factor the P1 Deathstroke has in spades.

I own the P1 AO Deathstroke. That piece is absolutely KILLER and I'm very happy to have it in my collection. I was truly hoping to add a 1/4 classic Perez Deathstroke to my collection as well but Sideshow made sure that's not happening. I am looking forward to what Tweeterhead has in store for Deathstroke. That piece is certainly going to be in his classic duds. However, it's going to be in 1/6 scale. I'll still be excited to see it though.

Thank you!!! This pose looks amazing head on. I am going to have to hurry and pick this up.

Back