Deathstroke PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be fair, they did go back and make changes to Magneto, but of course that resulted in its change to maquette, and a higher price than expected.

Not only that, they made changes no one asked for (the base).

Exactly. Magneto himself is still scrawny and underwhelming with lame changes to his base.

This Deathstroke is too scrawny as well. If he had the musculature of the new Captain America he’d be great.

The problem with sideshow is not the exclusives themselves but the amount of exclusives they are giving. XM and Prime 1 are giving usually 3 different heads, a bunch of arm swap outs, chest plate swap outs, etc. Sideshow gives us 1 exclusive piece and raises there prices when nothing has changed. They refuse to better their product. Their QC is still trash and they also haven’t updated their shipping methods so the boxes can withstand more impact. I’ve never had a broken XM statue. Maybe that is just luck I don’t know but when I open that box, the statue is so secure. It looks like it never budged. Sorry didn’t mean to crap on sideshow, I just pre ordered a bunch of statues recently from them and have thanos as well but I just wish they would put more effort into all of their departments. They are on top of the statue companies but that doesn’t mean you remain stagnant. Eventually one of these companies can knock them off and they will be scrambling to get their costumers back. I can tell you now, I would buy more XM statues, if they were more accessible. Prime 1 same applies if they did 1/4 scale pieces more. You get more for your money with these companies and don’t have to worry about QC. Sorry about the rant lol

It's not a rant or SSC bashing, it's simply the truth lol, unfortunately for SCC.

I share the same feeling, SSC clearly holds a monopoly for certain regions of the world and they know it (due to licensing etc.) and it clearly shows in their lack of care on many fronts as you've noted especially when it comes to customer concerns and complaints (ie. other companies receive feedback and they will go back and remodel an entire statue just to make sure they get it right and based on customer feedback whereas SSC is content on their monopoly and are very aware of their status in the market and will ignore everyone. This always goes back to the whole "speak with your wallet" strategy but regardless of complaints (especially recently with pricing) they keep selling out so SSC doesn't have to change.

SSC has an arrogance unlike any other company I have ever come across, and this stems from the top of the company down.
To a degree I guess it is justifiable arrogance as they certainly have a lot of diehard, fanatical, customers who support them by purchasing all their products.

Unlike pretty much every other statue company ssc have got themselves into a financial position where they can easily purchase any and all licenses even if they have no plan on using them in the near future, they can and do purchase the licenses to stop there competition from being able to fairly compete with them.

Unfortunately this is the world we live in...

I personally speak with my wallet, this does not mean that I do not purchase ssc products, I do (TOT on order) and I will no doubt purchase from them again in the future. I have purchased more Prime 1, Iron Studios and XM studios pieces of late and I much prefer supporting these companies. Just like most collectors the majority of my collection is ssc, and the early pieces are something else, but of recent times they have kinda lost me..

SSC has an arrogance unlike any other company I have ever come across, and this stems from the top of the company down.
To a degree I guess it is justifiable arrogance as they certainly have a lot of diehard, fanatical, customers who support them by purchasing all their products.

Unlike pretty much every other statue company ssc have got themselves into a financial position where they can easily purchase any and all licenses even if they have no plan on using them in the near future, they can and do purchase the licenses to stop there competition from being able to fairly compete with them.

Unfortunately this is the world we live in...

I personally speak with my wallet, this does not mean that I do not purchase ssc products, I do (TOT on order) and I will no doubt purchase from them again in the future. I have purchased more Prime 1, Iron Studios and XM studios pieces of late and I much prefer supporting these companies. Just like most collectors the majority of my collection is ssc, and the early pieces are something else, but of recent times they have kinda lost me..

Couldn’t have said it better myself. I have stuff on order with them, but they are also consistently making decisions that do not sit well with me from their art direction, character choices, to how they now deal with the codes.

I have also found myself drifting towards the other companies because they are making the characters I like, with the options I think they should make. If we settle for what Sideshow is putting out (poor art, no options, and repeat characters) they will have no reason to improve.

Still, people buy what you like, just saying we all need to consider the other options out there and demand better.

I'm struggling now. There's just no reason for me to buy sideshow merch anymore if they keep doing only modernized/sideshowified costumes. I'd have been better off not buying a single DC PF. I can't complete my classic collection and if I wanted to sell off my DC PFs, I'm looking at a fairly large loss because most of sideshow's PFs don't even hold their value in the aftermarket. Yeah, I guess you can say I'm a little irate.

Can't even get a Flash or Martian Manhunter to finish it off

I was watching sideshow live last week and in the chat a guy asked about Martian Manhunter and sideshow responded with go check out Tweeterheads. So I don’t think he’s getting made anytime soon. I think Flash will finally get made with this new line since they are being well received so far

Yeah SSC’s priorities with characters are sometimes just terrible. I find it very strange that they make Batwoman and not Robin and Nightwing? Time will tell but they are at least taking extremely long. And after all these years now, still absolutely no sign of a Flash or Martian. Terrible. I’ve had to go the custom way for all of these — Robin, Nightwing and Martian, with Flash luckily P1 came up with one I liked.

As for this Deathstroke, while I don’t enjoy ‘hating’ on things I think it’s absolutely terrible and doesn’t say Deathstroke to me in any way. Had to go with a custom of him as well to get a good 1/4. :pray:

Where are the in hand pics??? Going to wait to get this on ebay for 100 bucks less :)

This statue is just amazing, I can't wait!!!!

Where are the in hand pics??? Going to wait to get this on ebay for 100 bucks less :)

This statue is just amazing, I can't wait!!!!

If it was amazing, you wouldn't be able to pick it up on ebay for $100 less.

Last edited:
Filip629 the reason why it will be cheaper on the second hand market is because of hype. There is very little hype on this statue most people don't even know that it is shipping.

Most statues that sell out are because of flippers and people who speculate that the statue will sell out fast and that they will be able to sell for a profit.

Filip629 the reason why it will be cheaper on the second hand market is because of hype. There is very little hype on this statue most people don't even know that it is shipping.

Most statues that sell out are because of flippers and people who speculate that the statue will sell out fast and that they will be able to sell for a profit.

I know this piece will be cheap in the aftermarket because sideshow missed the mark on it completely. That's the reason there's no hype on this Deathstroker PF.

Nah, that's your opinion. Most of their statues don't sell out period. If speculators aren't on the statue it won't sell out. Either way your hate for the statue will only allow me to get it for a cheaper price. Thanks!!!

Nah, that's your opinion. Most of their statues don't sell out period. If speculators aren't on the statue it won't sell out. Either way your hate for the statue will only allow me to get it for a cheaper price. Thanks!!!

Keep in mind the overall ES on this is low because it sucks. Even with a low ES it won't sell out. Not the EX or the REG. Otherwise, enjoy your statue.

Last edited:
Back