Deathstroke PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez, that's so low for a character as popular as Slade.

I agree, I'm sure Sideshow now realizes they messed this opportunity up. Even with such a low EX number, I still feel like I have months to wait before I place an order

I agree, I'm sure Sideshow now realizes they messed this opportunity up. Even with such a low EX number, I still feel like I have months to wait before I place an order

I'm passing on this altogether. I'm a HUGE Deathstroke fan and I had my money ready to go for this PF. And then they reveal this Deathstroker PF and I'm just gutted. Luckily, I have the Prime 1 Arkham Origins Deathstroke (and absolutely LOVE IT). So, I can pass on this supposed Deathstroke statue. I'm going to take a firm stance and wait for a classic Perez 1/4 Deathstroke statue from some company. I don't mind if a company makes subtle updates to his classic costume but what SSC did with the costume on this PF is just terrible IMO. I can't bring myself to pull the trigger on this PF because I'm just so incredibly disappointed with it.

Even the low Es won't make this appealing to many collectors.

Even the low Es won't make this appealing to many collectors.

SSC just blew it with this PF. EVERY PF in the DC line had the characters in their classic costumes. I have absolutely no idea why SSC decided to break the trend with THIS character. I literally needed 3 more DC PFs in their classic costumes. Deathstroke, Flash, and Martian Manhunter...they are the only PFs I NEED for my 1/4 DC collection. I could live with the sideshowification of any other DC character's costume, but not those 3 characters I mentioned.

It's definitely a blown opportunity. I'm skipping this too ... and will be waiting for a better one to come along.

He is too big of a character. Just wait, there will be another one in the near future (Sideshow variant, anyone?).

I think he looks good........ Pirate boots look lame to me, maybe it's an age difference thing.

I read comics and the version I like the most is the new 52 version. That's why I said it's an age thing older collectors were introduced to these characters with some really flaming outfits. George Perez DS looks stupid to me. It's not like when you look at this statue you can't tell it's DS. I don't mind a little creative freedom. I think it's a nice mix between classy and a modern look.

No just people that actually read comics and know this character well.

It's not an age thing. I'm no where near 40 and prefer the classic costume. The only thing classic about this is the head sculpt.

It's not an age thing. I'm no where near 40 and prefer the classic costume. The only thing classic about this is the head sculpt.

Bingo, the classics never go out of style. Besides, this isn't the New 52 Deathstroke either. I actually don't mind the New 52 Deathstroke costume (always prefer the classic more though). The New 52 Deathstroke is actually one of the better redesigns in my book. This Deathstroker PF is neither New 52 or classic Deathstroke. It's something else entirely. It's looks like a cosplay dude in a ninja outfit that added a Deathstroke mask after the fact. It comes with 2 ninja swords (neither of which is the actual Deathstroke sword) no guns, no rifles, and no switch out unmasked portraits. IMO, sideshow completely missed the mark on this PF. The total ES on this piece makes that obvious. Prime's AO Deathstroke has a larger price tag, is a video game version of the character, and is in a larger scale most people don't collect. Even after all this, Prime's Deathstroke has a larger ES. That's ridiculous for this character. A more muscular comic accurate classic Perez Deathstroke would've easily sold more units than this made up Deathstroker PF. Hell, even a good looking New 52 Deathstroke PF would blow the doors off this Stroker PF. It just looks bad.

.... well I'm an old man and have read comics since the 70's, so naturally I prefer the classic looks of characters but I do like some of the newer versions too . But as flip mentioned , this has neither the classic or newer look from the comics . It's one of those Sideshow re-imaginings that doesn't work .

I like the most is the new 52 version.
George Perez DS looks stupid to me.
They both look really stupid if you'd try to aply logic to their designs.
N52 version has Rob Liefeld inspired armor and futuristic leggings. :lol

It's not like when you look at this statue you can't tell it's DS.
I think it's a nice mix between classy and a modern look.
With this I 100% agree.
I think the pose is what ruins this statue for most fellas.

If you like the N52 costume, then that's your preference. For those of us that like the classic costume, that's our preference.

From what I can see, tho ...looks to me like more people like the classic costume and more people relate to the classic costume.

If you like the N52 costume, then that's your preference. For those of us that like the classic costume, that's our preference.

From what I can see, tho ...looks to me like more people like the classic costume and more people relate to the classic costume.

This isn't necessarily true as so many raved endlessly about P1's 1/3 which is so much further from the classic look than this one is.

This isn't necessarily true as so many raved endlessly about P1's 1/3 which is so much further from the classic look than this one is.

The difference there is that P1's 1/3 was based of the Arkham Origins game. People knew it was based of the game and it is a great representation of Deathstroke in that game.

Here ...we are talking about the costume created by SSC for this Deathstroke PF compared to the classic costume for Deathstroke.

Back